2014 Wrestling Speculation and Nonsense

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
bloodred
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: 2014 Wrestling Speculation and Nonsense

Post by bloodred »

eastside wrote:Middleweight Predictions:

138- Akeo(Mil) vs. Crimmins(Pun) Darkhorse: Pascua(Iol)
* Chism(Lahaina) could be there of Crimmins moves up to 145

145- Corbett(Rad) vs Jaramillo(Lahaina) Darkhorse: Yoshikawa(Pac5) and Caparida(Mol)
*Kamaka(Lei) if Jaramillo moves up to 152

152- Solomon(Kalah) vs.Jaramillo(Lahaina) Darkhorse: Villarmia(Dam)

160- Cooper(PC) vs ??? Darkhorse: St John(Lahaina)
* not sure who else is in this weight class
Lahainaluna has Robert Compos, I hear that he is better then Chism and jaramillo, it looks like he is in the 138 to 152 range. I think he got injured last year because I don't think he wrestled in the MIL championships.

eastside
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by eastside »

Maybe Chism, but not Jaramillo...... Campos wrestled in states 2 yrs ago with the 4th seed and went 2-2. He's a decent wrestler, but hasn't done anything yet. He will definitely help the lunas with their state title run if he's in the lineup.

halaokolele
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by halaokolele »

Both those kids made it to the finals and Chism lost a close one, that bodes well for Campos if hes a finals guy and even better for tne Lunas!

I cant believe how high some have placed Pearl City, will be fun to watch them wrestle this year.

[quote="eastside"]Maybe Chism, but not Jaramillo...... Campos wrestled in states 2 yrs ago with the 4th seed and went 2-2. He's a decent wrestler, but hasn't done anything yet. He will definitely help the lunas with their state title run if he's in the lineup.[/quote]

FlexBuffchest
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by FlexBuffchest »

If Campos is back and eligible to wrestler hes an immediate threat to make the finals. Id rank him ahead of Corbett and Crimmins. The kid is a beast

eastside
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by eastside »

We'll see what he does at MIT'S and or Officials, but hard to rank him ahead of Corbett and Crimmins with his credentials. I think his losses in states two years ago were close. He definitely will add depth to the Lunas line up, but his limited mat time the past 2 years I think is his disadvantage. Wrestling year around goes a long way. I can't wait for MIT's, officials, moanalua duals and the rest of the season to start.

eastside
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by eastside »

Heavyweight Projections:

170- Hoshino(Kam) vs Williams(Cast) Darkhorse: ???
*Kikuyama(PC) and Tano(Pun) wil be a factor, but not sure where they will be

182- Kiehm(Iol) vs ?? Darkhorse: Tano(Pun)
*Joe(PC) depending if he hydrated for this weight.

195- ??? I have know idea....

220- Furuta(Mil) vs Mowat?Mataafa(Lahaina) Darkhorse: Lundazo(Camp)

Heavyweight- Tosetia(Camp) vs Mowat/Mataafa(Lahaina) Darkhorse: ???
*Fuamatu(PC) loss to eventual State Champ Villegas was only 5-3. Is Kaaialii(Kam) and Latuselu(Kah) returning. I think Latuselu beat Kaaialii close before losing to Campbell close.

Undftd
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Undftd »

Kama wrote:
Undftd wrote:
eastside wrote:Middleweight Predictions:

138- Akeo(Mil) vs. Crimmins(Pun) Darkhorse: Pascua(Iol)
* Chism(Lahaina) could be there of Crimmins moves up to 145

145- Corbett(Rad) vs Jaramillo(Lahaina) Darkhorse: Yoshikawa(Pac5) and Caparida(Mol)
*Kamaka(Lei) if Jaramillo moves up to 152

152- Solomon(Kalah) vs.Jaramillo(Lahaina) Darkhorse: Villarmia(Dam)

160- Cooper(PC) vs ??? Darkhorse: St John(Lahaina)
* not sure who else is in this weight class
No way crimmins and corbett are in the same weight class, that aint happening.

Could you elaborate why you feel a Crimmins and Corbett match ain't happening?
They both want a state championship, but dont want to have to go trough eachother, i think one drops weight. if not crimmins will win
Undefeated. 11-0
State Champions

eastside
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by eastside »

I think Corbett only hydrated for 145. Not sure on Crimmins. It would be a great matchup. I think Corbett has had the upper hand during some of their live sessions during the summer and also won their last match a few years ago during freestyle season if I remember correctly.

As for ranking Pearl City #2, bottom line is their overall depth. The coaches are good, but their overall technique is average. Copper 120, Ursua 126, Rivera 145, Cooper 160, Kikuyama and Lee swapping at 170 and 182, Joe at 195 with Fuamatu at heavyweight. If some of these athletes can improve on their overall technique and peak at states, they could be a factor.

eastside
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by eastside »

Also Vaa at 220

wrestling808

Post by wrestling808 »

Anybody see the article in the advertiser about Teshiya Alo "Unlucky to live Hawaii"?

I was curious to know what everyones take on that was. It seems that it applies for many athletes in general.
And while we're at it, since the girls are back in officials any predictions there?

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

wrestling808 wrote:Anybody see the article in the advertiser about Teshiya Alo "Unlucky to live Hawaii"?

I was curious to know what everyones take on that was. It seems that it applies for many athletes in general.
And while we're at it, since the girls are back in officials any predictions there?
Yeah, she's super-good, but she's only ONE girl. I understand they lost a lot of seniors from last year's ILH-champ team to graduation.

lowkey
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by lowkey »

Hawaii's David Terao is wrestling in the Championships Quarterfinals of the Cliff Keen Vegas Invitational! Go David!!! :hello1:
http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/25 ... -Bouts-Set

bloodred
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by bloodred »

MIT next weekend anyone know which schools are participating? Besides MIL schools of course.

halaokolele
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by halaokolele »

She deserves everything she has earned and glad to see the media involved.

I disagree about athletes in general because locally we have had success in almost all major sports sans basketball.

I dont think they lost much numbers wise and will be in the hunt, I can only think of Rapoza to graduation.

There is only a few full girl teams, kamehameha, punahou, pearl city, lahaina. thats your top 4

[quote="HS Football Fanatic"][quote="wrestling808"]Anybody see the article in the advertiser about Teshiya Alo "Unlucky to live Hawaii"?

And while we're at it, since the girls are back in officials any predictions there?[/quote]

Yeah, she's super-good, but she's only ONE girl. I understand they lost a lot of seniors from last year's ILH-champ team to graduation.[/quote]

Bula'ia Hawaiian
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Bula'ia Hawaiian »

Don't under estimate Kapolei. They are a power and big team, just wait till season comes around and I promise you they will make some noise.