Hawaii Football Recruiting

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
rednblue
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Re: Hawaii Football Prospect Watch List

Post by rednblue »

Saint Louis LB Jordan Iosefa has committed to the University of Southern California.

Saint Louis WR Drew Kobayashi took an unofficial visits to the University of Washington, Washington State University, and the University of Oregon this past weekend. Visited Cal-Berkley on Tuesday.
Last edited by rednblue on Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

hawaiiwest97
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by hawaiiwest97 »

Congratulations!!!!

rednblue
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by rednblue »

Watched video of the 1 on 1's from the Opening Regionals in Eugene... plenty local talent made the trip (besides Vavae) including Jeremiah Pritchard, Drew Kobayashi, Mckenzie Milton, Keala Santiago, Kesi Ah Hoy, Julius Pedro-Muasau, Hirkley Latu, Marcus Mafi and a few more.
Most impressive IMO was Kamehameha's Fatu Su'a-Godinet. Displayed awesome athleticism... he was tearing it up as a receiver.

rednblue
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by rednblue »

Saint Louis WR Drew Kobayashi has committed to the University of California.

rednblue
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by rednblue »

2017 Saint Louis LB Isaac Slade-Matautia has received scholarship offers from the University of Arizona and the University of Washington.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

We're not even close to keeping the best at home. At least before, we had a very small chance. Now with NC, its No Chance.
ImageImage

rednblue
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by rednblue »

Saint Louis OL Nate Herbig had received a scholarship offer from Stanford.

2017 Saint Louis LB Isaac Slade-Matautia has received a scholarship offer from the University of Nebraska.

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by rrforlifebaby »

rednblue wrote:Watched video of the 1 on 1's from the Opening Regionals in Eugene... plenty local talent made the trip (besides Vavae) including Jeremiah Pritchard, Drew Kobayashi, Mckenzie Milton, Keala Santiago, Kesi Ah Hoy, Julius Pedro-Muasau, Hirkley Latu, Marcus Mafi and a few more.
Most impressive IMO was Kamehameha's Fatu Su'a-Godinet. Displayed awesome athleticism... he was tearing it up as a receiver.
Based on the youtube video:
Godinet did look pretty good, had better showing than Kobayashi.
Vavae looked pretty solid.
Ah Hoy did ok, I don't see him as a RB at the next level.
Latu still having issues with his coverage skills
imo, with some tweaking, Santiago has a pretty bright future.
Pritchard looked pretty decent too.

Really looking forward to the upcoming High school football season. Mililani is the defending champs, but I think Red Raiders and Crusaders will have something to say about them repeating.

saynotomercs
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by saynotomercs »

rrforlifebaby wrote:
rednblue wrote:Watched video of the 1 on 1's from the Opening Regionals in Eugene... plenty local talent made the trip (besides Vavae) including Jeremiah Pritchard, Drew Kobayashi, Mckenzie Milton, Keala Santiago, Kesi Ah Hoy, Julius Pedro-Muasau, Hirkley Latu, Marcus Mafi and a few more.

Really looking forward to the upcoming High school football season. Mililani is the defending champs, but I think Red Raiders and Crusaders will have something to say about them repeating.
Saint Louis' defense can't be any worse than last year, but it wouldn't be shocking if the offense takes a step back. The offensive line returns Herbig and Timoteo (a part-time starter/rotation guy) as well as a solid center who was the back-up last year, but the other two slots are complete unknowns. Allan Cui and Jimmy Nunuha are big losses at wideout as well.

Interior Defensive line has been a problem for a few years now and I don't think they'll be much better this season.

rednblue
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by rednblue »

rrforlifebaby wrote:

I agree with you on Santiago and Pritchard. Santiago was right with his guys after initial press, and there was a rep he could've picked off the ball but misstepped.
Where do you see Ah Hoy playing at the next level? He does have some room to improve agility wise but I have no doubt he can play power RB for a power 5 program. Hopefully Kahuku OC John Hao can develop a QB that can take pressure of the running game and defense.

rednblue
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by rednblue »

saynotomercs wrote:
rrforlifebaby wrote:

Saint Louis' defense can't be any worse than last year, but it wouldn't be shocking if the offense takes a step back. The offensive line returns Herbig and Timoteo (a part-time starter/rotation guy) as well as a solid center who was the back-up last year, but the other two slots are complete unknowns. Allan Cui and Jimmy Nunuha are big losses at wideout as well.

Interior Defensive line has been a problem for a few years now and I don't think they'll be much better this season.
Yeah that STL D was really tough to watch last year. I did notice a lot of underclassmen getting playing time last season, optimistically they can take a step further and contribute as starters. I think the addition of Iosefa and Slade-Matautia is gonna be huge for defensive improvement this upcoming season.

I'm looking for the offense to be more focused opening the season as opposed to last season. They won't have a slate of three top teams to open the season, they wont be holding a QB competition with split reps, and I think they found a consistent RB with Silofau. I have high expectations for Kobayashi, something similar to Stutzmann or Bukoski during their senior campaigns. But again... all of this doesn't matter unless the defense takes some big steps forward from last year's unit.

rednblue
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by rednblue »

Kahuku DB Hirkley Latu has decommitted from BYU.

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by rrforlifebaby »

rednblue wrote:
rrforlifebaby wrote:

I agree with you on Santiago and Pritchard. Santiago was right with his guys after initial press, and there was a rep he could've picked off the ball but misstepped.
Where do you see Ah Hoy playing at the next level? He does have some room to improve agility wise but I have no doubt he can play power RB for a power 5 program. Hopefully Kahuku OC John Hao can develop a QB that can take pressure of the running game and defense.
True, Ah Hoy has room to improve his agility, but I like him as a linebacker/athlete at the next level..
Latu decommitting isn't really surprising. You can never tell with teenagers until they actually put pen to paper; look what happened with Alo-Wily and Afalava last year. Hope his grades are up at least

rednblue
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by rednblue »

Saint Louis LB has received a scholarship offer from UCLA.

rednblue
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by rednblue »

Saint Louis OL Nate Herbig has committed to Stanford.