OIA Red Division Playoffs

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
jaySend
Starter
Starter

Re: OIA Red Division Playoffs

Post by jaySend »

kanakattack wrote:Looks like the West is tougher than the east from top to bottom.
East vs West this year:
Kaimuki lost 53-6 to Aiea, battle of last place teams
Castle lost 32-6 to Aiea and 30-0 to Kapolei
McKinley lost 21-0 to Kapolei and 35-0 to Campbell
Kailua lost 13-7 to Campbell and are losing 22-0 to Waianae at the half
Moanalua lost 31-21 to Mililan, 26-17 to Waianae and barely beat the last place playoff team in Waipahu
Farrington beat Waianae 37-23
West is 9-2 straight up this year vs the east.
Kahuku and Farrington are still two of the best teams, but the east, as a whole is pretty weak.

Would love to see a super red conference with 12 teams:
Kahuku
Farrington
Mililani
Leilehua
Kapolei
Moanalua
Waianae
Kailua
Campbell
McKinley
Waipahu
Aiea
not only did the east teams lose but they didnt even score a point. lol, very weak if you ask me.

west may be 9-2 over the east this season. but the east is 9-2 over the west in oia titles the past 11 years. no matter how you start, its how you finish.
to make a general statement that the west is a TOUGHER conference is just like saying the east has been the BEST conference over the past 11 years.

i think more safe for say that the east get more sh!!!ty teams then the west. lol

ps. if moanalua beat leilehua next week and kahuk/far/mill make it too, that means east will have 3 left standing and west only 1.
once again, its not how you start, its how you finish.

Crowe454
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer
MLB: Orioles
NBA: Anybody but the Heat
NFL: Baltimore Ravens

Post by Crowe454 »

Quarter Final Match Ups

Waianae @ Kahuku

Moanalua @ Leilehua

Kapolei vs Farrington @ Roosevelt

Campbell @ Mililani

Ashleykalaiwaa
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Ashleykalaiwaa »

No matter what an East team is taking it this year, AGAIN!

Maroon&Win96819
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Maroon&Win96819 »

Ashleykalaiwaa wrote:No matter what an East team is taking it this year, AGAIN!
Exactly... If Farrington Doesn't eliminate Mililani, expect Kahuku to chop off the rest of the west and lead the east to victory. No one else knows how to come home with that big W like Kahuku does, not even the Big West.

wartime
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by wartime »

Farrington and Kahuku have always been in a class of their own. As Waianae takes on Kahuku, hopefully the coaches really find some kind of way to create a game plan that would make this a competitive game. Defensively, Tuimasealii and company will be battle tested for sure and he probably knows that this is a great game to really make an impact as far as his recruiting goes. Wa'a and his boys going be waiting for this freak of nature. As in the past, we get better and better as the season goes and HOPEFULLY things go well for da boys from da west side.

soleu
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by soleu »

Kahuku def. Waianae
Leilehua def. Moanalua
Farrington def. Kapolei
Mililani def. Campbell

Eastside Hooligan
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench
NBA: Boston Celtics
NFL: 49ers

Post by Eastside Hooligan »

west may be 9-2 over the east this season. but the east is 9-2 over the west in oia titles the past 11 years. no matter how you start, its how you finish. To make a general statement that the west is a TOUGHER conference is just like saying the east has been the BEST conference over the past 11 years.
Nicely said !!!!

It will be interesting to see what the Kahuku O-Line does against the ANIMO named Tuimasealii ..... He is a force to be reckon with.

GO BIG RED !!!
RR4L

bandits1
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by bandits1 »

I think what people actually mean is the West is the deeper conference, which cannot really be argued, especially in light of this weekends results. But the East has the dominant program in Kahuku which has won(or shared in '01) 9 OIA championships since 2000.

The West kind of dominated OIA titles in all the years prior to 2000, though.

ThaGame
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by ThaGame »

bandits1 wrote:I think what people actually mean is the West is the deeper conference, which cannot really be argued, especially in light of this weekends results. But the East has the dominant program in Kahuku which has won(or shared in '01) 9 OIA championships since 2000.

The West kind of dominated OIA titles in all the years prior to 2000, though.
No doubt the west is a lot deeper with the way the games went this past weekend but the east has dominated the O.I.A. since 1989-90.

bandits1
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by bandits1 »

ThaGame wrote:No doubt the west is a lot deeper with the way the games went this past weekend but the east has dominated the O.I.A. since 1989-90.
Yup, and the West dominated from 1940-1988. If Kahuku keeps winning a majority of the OIA titles for the next thirty or so years, the East will finally catch up to the West.

ThaGame
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by ThaGame »

bandits1 wrote:
ThaGame wrote:No doubt the west is a lot deeper with the way the games went this past weekend but the east has dominated the O.I.A. since 1989-90.
Yup, and the West dominated from 1940-1988. If Kahuku keeps winning a majority of the OIA titles for the next thirty or so years, the East will finally catch up to the West.
Oh ok I didn't know they played football waaaay back then. :-({|=

bandits1
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by bandits1 »

Just pointing out that when guys debate about which conference is the dominant one, they almost always only use the decades which help their argument and completely ignore all the rest. The only true and fair way is go back to the beginning and count 'em all up. Simple. Kahuku won the OIA title in 2011 and looks like the favorite to win again this year, so a good start to the '10s for the East. In the '00s the East won 8 of 10. In the 90s the East won 6 of 10. In the '80s the West won 9 of 10. In the '70s the West won 8 of 10. In the '60s the West won 6 of 10. In the '50s the West won 8 of 10. And in the '40s the West won 5 of 9(no title awarded in '42 due to WWII).

Now I don't know how many or which schools were actually playing football in the '40s/'50s/'60s, but the west side was still the west side and the east side was still the east side, and that's all that matters in this debate.
Last edited by bandits1 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hurricanerelief
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by hurricanerelief »

politclyincrekt wrote:
hurricanerelief wrote:Kapolei Hurricanes will beat Farrington Governors 28-14 upset special
o look who's back!! I haven't seen you around since Kapolei put the hurt on Leilehua. :lol:
Well so is Hurricane Nation! 3rd seed from the west. Hmmmm . . . . So we had a couple of rough games, we tried a different o-line, but now we are running on all cylinders.

politclyincrekt
Play Maker
Play Maker
NFL: Chicago Bears

Post by politclyincrekt »

hurricanerelief wrote:
politclyincrekt wrote:
hurricanerelief wrote:Kapolei Hurricanes will beat Farrington Governors 28-14 upset special
o look who's back!! I haven't seen you around since Kapolei put the hurt on Leilehua. :lol:
Well so is Hurricane Nation! 3rd seed from the west. Hmmmm . . . . So we had a couple of rough games, we tried a different o-line, but now we are running on all cylinders.
Be that as it may, Hurricane Nation doesn't have enough cylinders to upset Farrington. All of Kapolei's 4 cylinders can't compete with Farrington's hemi V8.

bigbangah
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by bigbangah »

all i can say is the Waianae v.s Kahuku match up will be very close!!!!!, two very proud and Traditional programs that pretty much run the O.I.A. K
ahuku with 19 titles and Waianae with 17...........the team with the least turnovers will win