OIA Red Division Playoffs

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
Crowe454
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer
MLB: Orioles
NBA: Anybody but the Heat
NFL: Baltimore Ravens

Re: OIA Red Division Playoffs

Post by Crowe454 »

This is what I have to say about each match up.

Moanalua-Waipahu. I'm picking Na Menehune for two reasons. one, Mililanis no huddle aerial assault picked them apart last week, and Iolani picked them apart for 385 yards through the air at the begining of the season. I'm not saying Moanalua is on the same level as mililani or Iolani, but they can definitely do some damage with Lambert and Sharsh. Two. Waipahu simply has not been able to close out games. All of their losses (Excluding Mililani) Has been by a combined 23 points, including blowing 2 fourth quarter leads. They just haven't shown they can close out games. Offensively, the Marauders lost their top reciever in Pakau which will limit them to only Fualema which extremely cripples their passing attack. That triple option is something Moanalua saw once this season and didn't do too great against when they played Waianae. It's a toss up, But i'm going with Na Menehune.

Mckinley vs Campbell.
Offensive inconsistency has hurt both of these teams. It's gonna be low scoring. I'm taking the Tigers, their defense is able to force the offense into making mistakes. If that offensive attack can put at least two scores on the day, they'll get it

Kailua vs Waianae
Kailua gave Farringtons Taumua and Silva some hard rubs in the first half last week in the Farrington Kailua game, but they wore down against the run in the second half to give up two rushing TDs. Waianae is not as one diminsional as Farrington, so i'm going with the Sea over the Surf.

Kapolei vs Castle
Castle has no rushing attack, period. -55 yards on the entire season makes them possibly one of the most single dimensioned teams in the state. Kapolei is a little more balanced offensively with Castle really getting hurt by the running game, which plays to Kapoleis strength. I'm going with the Hurricanes tonight.

Again, I could be all right or all wrong, nobody knows. Any given day, right? Good luck to all the teams tonight, I'm hoping for some great battles.

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Post by reignjah11 »

Wow, Campbell won 35-0 over McKinley. Impressive

Maroon&Win96819
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Maroon&Win96819 »

Maroon&Win96819 wrote:Round 1 winners:
Waianea
Moanalua
Kapolei
Campbell

Round 2 winners:
Kahuku
Moanalua
Farrington
Millilani

Round 3 winners:
Kahuku
Mililani

OIA Red Division Champions:
Kahuku
So far my round 1 predictions are correct :) just waiting for Waianea

Crowe454
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Crowe454 »

Leapin lizards, my heart, I can't take much more of this! Waipahu Moanalua is a definitely living up to being a heart stopper.

Crowe454
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Crowe454 »

Good grief. that was a great game, both teams played their hearts out, thats for sure. I hope the Little (if that can even be said of either) Nagaesu brother is alright though.

hurricanerelief
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by hurricanerelief »

Kapolei Hurricanes will beat Farrington Governors 28-14 upset special

politclyincrekt
Play Maker
Play Maker
NFL: Chicago Bears

Post by politclyincrekt »

hurricanerelief wrote:Kapolei Hurricanes will beat Farrington Governors 28-14 upset special
o look who's back!! I haven't seen you around since Kapolei put the hurt on Leilehua. :lol:

Crowe454
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Crowe454 »

Thoughts on the quarterfinal matchups so far?

politclyincrekt
Play Maker
Play Maker
NFL: Chicago Bears

Post by politclyincrekt »

Assuming Waianae takes the win:

Kahuku over Waianae (gonna be super close but the game is at Weimer and that's never easy)
Leilehua over Moanalua (this is a real toss up. Moanalua is looking very strong and Leilehua is lacking this year. But playing at the Hugh is also really tough. This is a real toss up)
Farrington over Kapolei (I'm going to guess by a lot. Kapolei has been looking pretty good lately but Farrington is still a top tier team.)
Mililani over Campbell (Campbell will put up a huge fight but Mililani won't be upset at home)

Maroon&Win96819
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Maroon&Win96819 »

hurricanerelief wrote:Kapolei Hurricanes will beat Farrington Governors 28-14 upset special
Holyshiznits... Just when you thought he'd never pop his head out again lol. Kapolei will not beat Farrington the same way Farrington/Mililani will not beat Kahuku. Good luck to your 'Canes next week though
Last edited by Maroon&Win96819 on Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crowe454
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Crowe454 »

i'm a Moanalua fan (as you all probably know by now) And looking at this from a football stand point, MOA vs LEI is gonna be a tight one. Leilehuas defense is looking good, really good. Especially against the pass. For some reason I have a feeling this is gonna come down to defense. Leilehuas offense is definitely not as strong as it was last year, it's lacking in my opinion. I'm not gonna give a predicition, but i'm hoping my Menehune come out on top! Haha

I agree with the rest of the predictions. Seems like there won't be as many battles in the rest of the finals to be completely honest. But who knows, right? Any given day.

wartime
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by wartime »

Tonight's game should be a good one. Good luck to my alma mater, Waianae. It's been great seeing Tuimaseali'i develop into a great player over the years. Hopefully the offense can continue to make strides.

95boyz
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by 95boyz »

Now that Campbell's in the mix, I hope Kahuku and Campbell meet up!!!
GO BIG RED WARRIORZ!!!

Crowe454
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Crowe454 »

Now that would be a matchup I would not mind seeing :lol:

kanakattack
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by kanakattack »

Looks like the West is tougher than the east from top to bottom.
East vs West this year:
Kaimuki lost 53-6 to Aiea, battle of last place teams
Castle lost 32-6 to Aiea and 30-0 to Kapolei
McKinley lost 21-0 to Kapolei and 35-0 to Campbell
Kailua lost 13-7 to Campbell and are losing 22-0 to Waianae at the half
Moanalua lost 31-21 to Mililan, 26-17 to Waianae and barely beat the last place playoff team in Waipahu
Farrington beat Waianae 37-23
West is 9-2 straight up this year vs the east.
Kahuku and Farrington are still two of the best teams, but the east, as a whole is pretty weak.

Would love to see a super red conference with 12 teams:
Kahuku
Farrington
Mililani
Leilehua
Kapolei
Moanalua
Waianae
Kailua
Campbell
McKinley
Waipahu