OIA Red Division Playoffs

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Re: OIA Red Division Playoffs

Post by rrforlifebaby »

Crowe454 wrote:Moanalua has been and will always be my team.
But, i've always admired Kahuku for one reason and one reason only, regardless of the championships they have hardly ever, from what i've seen, take cheap, dirty shots on the opposing team. The fans are what give them the bad reputation, not all, but some. But overall Kahuku is a good group of kids in my opinion. And i'd take them over Farrington any day.
As for Mililani, all I have to say is bEAST side.
Hmmm, i wonder if i'm one of those fans....if so, so be it....I'm but one voice in a sea of many. I didn't say anything that wasn't true. Respect is earned, not given. If the Trojans were to run the table, then, and only then will they earn the admiration of this fan. Much props to teams like Farrington, Waianae, Leilehua, and even to coach Martinez and Na Menehune cause they've earned it.

Good luck to all the teams in the upcoming playoffs!
GO BIG RED!!!!

Crowe454
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer
MLB: Orioles
NBA: Anybody but the Heat
NFL: Baltimore Ravens

Post by Crowe454 »

Haha nah man, you're good. No disrespect here. Just something I felt like saying. Kahuku has definitely earned the respect that it's given.
As for the fans, wellllll let's just say there's many stories! :P haha

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by rrforlifebaby »

Crowe454 wrote:Haha nah man, you're good. No disrespect here. Just something I felt like saying. Kahuku has definitely earned the respect that it's given.
As for the fans, wellllll let's just say there's many stories! :P haha
No worries my brudda. I hear u. Sometimes, at the games, i wonder about some of our fans too....for some reason, we always end up next to "one of those" fans....lol....i think all fan bases have "those" fans.

hiskoolfb
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by hiskoolfb »

Waianae will be a tough out, if they get by kailua in the first round, second round matchup with kahuku....may be a tough game.

Maroon&Win96819
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Maroon&Win96819 »

hiskoolfb wrote:Waianae will be a tough out, if they get by kailua in the first round, second round matchup with kahuku....may be a tough game.
It WILL be a tough game. No disrespect but there is no way Waianea will make it past 2nd round.

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Post by reignjah11 »

My predictions for this week:
Waianae over Kailua
Moanalua over Waipahu - will be broadcast on oc16 on Friday
Kapolei over Castle
Campbell over McKinley

politclyincrekt
Play Maker
Play Maker
NFL: Chicago Bears

Post by politclyincrekt »

I think the easiest run for the Round I teams would be if Moanalua tackles Waipahu. They would have a fair chance at defeating Leilehua in Round II and advancing to rematch with Kahuku.

mycall
High-quality H20 provider

Post by mycall »

Waipahu will defeat Moanalua on friday night.

I'm not going to be a total homer like hurricanerelief but I believe the Marauders will finally get their break. I don't know if you guys read the article in the paper about the Nagaseu brothers losing their father and it really tugs on your heart. I know, homer here but Wesley could be one of the few guys from Waipahu who actually get into a Division I program.

Anyways, Black Flag rises high in the 96797 and the Waipahu will not give up even if it takes every single trick out of their bag (which we will DEFINETLY see some of, I hope).

Haha, I know this post is totally biased but Waipahu can have a little cinderella story going, like Waianae 2 years ago. All those close losses has actually given the Marauders a good chance to make a run. Like everyone said, the road through Leilehua is the easiest road to the semis.

Crowe454
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Crowe454 »

I'm really not going to get into this but say that my pick is Na Menehune. Win, lose, or draw, it's gonna be a great game regardless. But Moanaluas gonna pull it out, that is all.

soleu
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by soleu »

Campbell over McKinley - McKinley is better than what people give them credit for. Beware for the Tuitele-Iafeta kid. He's a huge playmaker on both sides of the ball. Still though, I don't see them outscoring the Sabers.
Kapolei over Castle - Kapolei is the only team that I haven't seen in person play but it's Castle.
Moanalua over Waipahu - Saw that Mililani no huddle eat these guys up last week. Moanalua doesn't do it as well as Morikawa and Co. but they should do it well enough to throw off that Marauder secondary.
Waianae over Kailua - I think Kailua holds it close like they did Farrington but once again, they'll wear out in the end because lack of numbers

wartime
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by wartime »

W6 Waipahu @ E3 Moanalua

Waipahu's Nagaseu brothers, Paredes, and Pakau pulls the upset and wins

E6 Castle @ W3 Kapolei Winner

Kapolei's Kahana and Kukahiko keep the ball rolling after winning 2 straight against Campbell and Aiea

W5 Campbell vs E4 Mckinley @ Roosevelt

Close one but Tago-Sue's ability to use his feet keeps Mckinley's defense on their toes. Campbell wins

Saturday:

E5 Kailua vs W4 Waianae @ Mililani

The Battle of the Riders. Kealoha and Nakamoto have been steady on the offensive side of the ball for Waianae. Tuimasealii loves playing against spread teams and he'll be licking his chops. Miah Teleni is thinking differently. Two pretty damn good D-linemen will be showcased in this game. Waianae wins.

Crowe454
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Crowe454 »

Pakau is expected not to play for tonights matchup vs Moanalua (Hip Injury)

politclyincrekt
Play Maker
Play Maker
NFL: Chicago Bears

Post by politclyincrekt »

This is some video from McKinley vs. Kailua:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EX3dDoeA ... ure=relmfu

I can imagine we will be seeing some of the same stuff with, hopefully, less high risk passes and a tighter offense. Internet here is a little slow so I can't load of the video that quick but McKinley's final drive is around 3:40. That is the most efficient McKinley offense I have seen in years and if they can do that on every drive, they will give Campbell a run for their money.

wartime
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by wartime »

Crowe454 wrote:Pakau is expected not to play for tonights matchup vs Moanalua (Hip Injury)
Wow, without a healthy Pakau hopefully they adjusted their game plan accordingly because he ran his routes with precision, creating real good separation. When things went wrong they went to their safety valve (Pakau) and now he might not play. Let's see what they have to show tonight. That article on the Nagaseu brothers really got me pulling for those guys.

Uncle Joe

Post by Uncle Joe »

OK. Here we go...
Waipahu (2-4) vs Moanalua (4-2) = Moanalua
Castle (1-5) vs Kapolei (3-3) = Kapolei
Campbell (3-3) vs Mckinley (3-3) = Mckinley
Kailua (2-4) vs Waianae (3-3) = Waianae

Quarterfinals:
Moanalua (5-2) vs Leilehua (4-2) = Moanalua