Bishop Gorman to play St Louis in Hawaii

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
HIsportsfolio
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: Bishop Gorman to play St Louis in Hawaii

Post by HIsportsfolio »

Baldwin versus St. Louis, Aloha Stadium, Aug. 25.

http://hisportsfolio.ning.com/profiles/ ... l-schedule

polywarrior4life
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: San Fransico Giants
NBA: Chicago Bulls
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Post by polywarrior4life »

Whow! Should be interesting to watch. Anything can happen when it comes to a game of hs football, especially during the beginning of the season. Even though, St. Louis hasn't been the same since the departure of Mariota an company. Who will be the next elite crusader to fill in the blanks and step up to the plate? Kahuku will definitely be there again with the amount of returning starters they have coming back for the 2012 season.
Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work. VINCE LOMBARDI

saynotomercs
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by saynotomercs »

Saint Louis' pre-season schedule as of now according to Darnell Arceneaux:

Aug 18 / Farrington
Aug 25 / Baldwin @ Aloha Stadium
Sep 1 / Bishop Gorman (I assume at Aloha Stadium)

Saint Louis-Farrrington should be one of the premier pre-season match-ups.

SRJC
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by SRJC »

St. Louis should crush Baldwin. They lose a lot of key players from this past year to graduation. I really like when mainland teams come down to play It's always fun to watch. My favorite game last year was between service alaska and leilehua.

polywarrior4life
All-conference
All-conference

SRJC wrote:St. Louis should crush Baldwin. They lose a lot of key players from this past year to graduation. I really like when mainland teams come down to play It's always fun to watch. My favorite game last year was between service alaska and leilehua.
Not sure, but isn't Baldwins starting QB coming back another year? If so, he alone may be the spark the Bears need to compete when they play St. Louis. All it takes is one leader to lead a team. If they have more, then its better. Baldwin recently has some good size young players that will be returning. The question would be, if they can play like a Kahuku to compete with high powered teams on Oahu. Farrington is in the same boat as Baldwin, big but not enough animal instinct to push guys around. Should be interesting though to see what happens, anything can happen.
Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work. VINCE LOMBARDI

hawaiiBoy808
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by hawaiiBoy808 »

True the Baldwin QB was great against farrington, but he did nothing against Punahou. Farringtons D was not very good at all last year thats why Ewaliko pulled off such a good game. But STL will game plan him right and stop his running because that is his strong suit and force him to pass. Where he is decent at but has not played an ILH defense.
I see STL pulling out the win of Baldwin. But im looking forward to the Bishop Gorman game the most.

polywarrior4life
All-conference
All-conference

hawaiiBoy808 wrote:True the Baldwin QB was great against farrington, but he did nothing against Punahou. Farringtons D was not very good at all last year thats why Ewaliko pulled off such a good game. But STL will game plan him right and stop his running because that is his strong suit and force him to pass. Where he is decent at but has not played an ILH defense.
I see STL pulling out the win of Baldwin. But im looking forward to the Bishop Gorman game the most.
Good point, no offence but I did mention that it was the spark of QB Ewaliko's leadership that may ignite the fire in his team mates to compete with a power house team such as the crusaders. After all this is a team sport.

I wouldn't doubt Farringtons defense or take anything away from them, after all they did play on the road and where undefeated once upon a time for weeks consistently and held the number one spot until there down fall during the playoffs. Infact Farrington had only two loses, one in the OIA championship game against Kahuku, and the other too Baldwin in the state semi-finals finishing the 2011 season with a 10-2 record which is pretty good. I'm sure it wasn't just offense that carried the Govs too a winning season.

Even though the chips may be stacked against the bears, anything can happen. Especially at the beginning of the football season. A very good team expected or favored to win can lose at any time especially during pre-season. May the best team win.
Last edited by polywarrior4life on Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

saynotomercs wrote:Saint Louis' pre-season schedule as of now according to Darnell Arceneaux:

Aug 18 / Farrington

I hope that the Farrington game is also @ Aloha Stadium too. Will be a good test to see if Crusader D have improved against power rushing attacks....since Govs return their whole Oline and top RBs (Taumua & Silva).
saynotomercs wrote:Saint Louis will apparently also play Santa Margarita (CA), who finished #31 in the nation according to rivals.com.
BTW, no game against the Santa Margarita Eagles (from the OC) then? Now that would've really been a true test for the Crusader D.

saynotomercs
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by saynotomercs »

kapakahi wrote:
saynotomercs wrote:Saint Louis' pre-season schedule as of now according to Darnell Arceneaux:

Aug 18 / Farrington

I hope that the Farrington game is also @ Aloha Stadium too. Will be a good test to see if Crusader D have improved against power rushing attacks....since Govs return their whole Oline and top RBs (Taumua & Silva).
saynotomercs wrote:Saint Louis will apparently also play Santa Margarita (CA), who finished #31 in the nation according to rivals.com.
BTW, no game against the Santa Margarita Eagles (from the OC) then? Now that would've really been a true test for the Crusader D.
They were better against the run last year than they have since 2006. Not stifling, but effective when deployed in a 4-3. Colton Goeas was a big part of that, but so was Kaena Paikai, who will graduate. Next year's defensive line will be young and with the loss of both Paikai and Kalei Auelua, the unit will likely step back- even with the contributions of Kamalei Correa. They could be better at linebacker, especially if they can get a starting contribution from Nela Otukolo. A healthy Jacob Lacadan would be a big help against the run too, but I expect their run defense to be slightly worse than last year.

Yup- if Saint Louis can get their QB situation sorted properly, they should have enough offensive firepower to keep up with Bishop Gorman. I'm not sure if Saint Louis' defense could deal with the physicality of Santa Margarita's offense.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

While the offensive attack hasn't dropped off appreciably over the past seasons....even under Tengan & Hao, JMHO that it's been quite awhile....even before 2006....since the Cruaders have had that stifling defense that suffocated and completely shut down any rushing attack....being stout in the interior to stuff inside runs....and quick on the perimeter to shut down anything outside.

The trademark identity of all those championship teams from back in 90's was that Crusader D....that was just awesome to watch....especially against all those mainland teams....San Diego Lincoln, Bakersfield, etc....even Concord De La Salle....all except Canyon Country.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by kapakahi »

Looks like the Crusader secondary will have a challenge on its hands containing this kid....

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recru ... ll-winning

polywarrior4life
All-conference
All-conference

kapakahi wrote:Looks like the Crusader secondary will have a challenge on its hands containing this kid....

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recru ... ll-winning
Anu actually was down here 3 yrs ago. He practiced with Farrington for two weeks and had to make a decision on if he was going to stay. His cousin is Paul "Kula" Solomon (c/o 2011) who played safety for the govs. Looks like he made the right choice.

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by rrforlifebaby »

saynotomercs wrote:
kapakahi wrote:

Aug 18 / Farrington

They were better against the run last year than they have since 2006. Not stifling, but effective when deployed in a 4-3. Colton Goeas was a big part of that, but so was Kaena Paikai, who will graduate. Next year's defensive line will be young and with the loss of both Paikai and Kalei Auelua, the unit will likely step back- even with the contributions of Kamalei Correa. They could be better at linebacker, especially if they can get a starting contribution from Nela Otukolo. A healthy Jacob Lacadan would be a big help against the run too, but I expect their run defense to be slightly worse than last year.

Yup- if Saint Louis can get their QB situation sorted properly, they should have enough offensive firepower to keep up with Bishop Gorman. I'm not sure if Saint Louis' defense could deal with the physicality of Santa Margarita's offense.
Interesting to think the Crusader's will have enuff firepower to keep up with the Gael's. I'm hoping that the Crusader's will rep Hawaii high school football well, but unless you know something about Bishop Gorman's defense that we all don't know about, I think the result will be similar to when the Crusader's lost to Canyon back in the day.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Radford ,who hardly ever leave the islands for football, are scheduled to play Crescent Valley High in Corvallis,Oregon on Friday, August 31. I know this game isn't on the level of the other contests mentioned in this thread,but...hey,I'm a Ram......and it is good to see the old school getting out of their comfort zone. Could be what they need after a disappointing season last year.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by kapakahi »

unpaid wrote:Radford ,who hardly ever leave the islands for football, are scheduled to play Crescent Valley High in Corvallis,Oregon on Friday, August 31. I know this game isn't on the level of the other contests mentioned in this thread,but...hey,I'm a Ram......and it is good to see the old school getting out of their comfort zone. Could be what they need after a disappointing season last year.
JMHO that Ram QB Cody Lui-Yuen '14 is every bit as promising a QB prospect as is Punahou QB Larry Tuileta '14. Just as athletic and even a little bigger.