Bishop Gorman to play St Louis in Hawaii

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Re: Bishop Gorman to play St Louis in Hawaii

Post by unpaid »

kapakahi, got to agree with you about Cody Lui-Yuen.He showed a lot of promise last year. He had a sharp learning curve in the OIA Red last year as a sophomore. Started throwing for 200 yards a game and ended up throwing for 80 yards a game. Opposing coaches saw what I saw.....Radford couldn'T even get 30 yards per game on the ground last year. After the win against Mililani,the other coaches just shut down the pass offense and left us with nothing because they knew we couldn't run. Hope this year is better for the Rams!

getBIG
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by getBIG »

unpaid wrote:kapakahi, got to agree with you about Cody Lui-Yuen.He showed a lot of promise last year. He had a sharp learning curve in the OIA Red last year as a sophomore. Started throwing for 200 yards a game and ended up throwing for 80 yards a game. Opposing coaches saw what I saw.....Radford couldn'T even get 30 yards per game on the ground last year. After the win against Mililani,the other coaches just shut down the pass offense and left us with nothing because they knew we couldn't run. Hope this year is better for the Rams!
that QB did a real good job in the game against Aiea in the first half, throwing for 2 TDs against a tough Aiea defense. but Aiea came back in the second half and completely shut down Radford's offense en route to a 24-21 comeback victory after being down 21-0 in the first half. I believe last year was a great learning experience for him and it's gonna benefit him this year in the White.

ktownhussla
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by ktownhussla »

Anu has deep ties to Farrington . His dad was a standout LB and if I recall 2nd team all state. Uncles, grandpa all played at Farrington. Really good to see him move out of state and succeed. He has so much opportunities up in vegas and Gorman Alumni really doing a lot for athletics.

thanohano44
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: baseball aint a sport.
NBA: Suns
NFL: Raiders

Post by thanohano44 »

ktownhussla wrote:Anu has deep ties to Farrington . His dad was a standout LB and if I recall 2nd team all state. Uncles, grandpa all played at Farrington. Really good to see him move out of state and succeed. He has so much opportunities up in vegas and Gorman Alumni really doing a lot for athletics.
is this Jarrett Solomons son? that guy was one beast!!

DA SCOUT
High-quality H20 provider

Post by DA SCOUT »

thanohano44 wrote:
ktownhussla wrote:Anu has deep ties to Farrington . His dad was a standout LB and if I recall 2nd team all state. Uncles, grandpa all played at Farrington. Really good to see him move out of state and succeed. He has so much opportunities up in vegas and Gorman Alumni really doing a lot for athletics.
is this Jarrett Solomons son? that guy was one beast!!
Yes he is and if he stayed with the GOVS he would have been handing the ball off 90% of the time and three step fades and slants they wouldn't known what to do with a kid that talented :o

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Who ever is the New St. Louis coach will have a short time to get Ready for BG

Kameahuku
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Kameahuku »

I got to see Anu Solomon in person at the Arceneux Athletics Progression camp this past June. He was only there for one day, but I'm sure coaches Passas and Arceneux(Anthony) got a taste of what is to come in their preseason game vs. BG. This young man has a cannon for an arm, and is accurate. It'll be one hell of a game.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

saynotomercs wrote: Aug 18 / Farrington
Aug 25 / Baldwin @ Aloha Stadium
Sep 1 / Bishop Gorman (I assume at Aloha Stadium)

Saint Louis-Farrrington should be one of the premier pre-season match-ups.
Heard that the Saint Louis-Farrington games (i.e., doubleheader with opening JV game) being moved instead to Aug. 17 (Friday).....since State Holiday (Statehood Day). Also avoids any scheduling conflict with Stevie Wonder concert on Aug. 18 (Saturday).

Also heard that all 3 games are scheduled for Aloha Stadium.

Lastly, heard that the regular season Clash of the OIA Red East Titans (between Kahuku & Farrington) currently slated to be played this season at Aloha Stadium on Sept. 29 (Saturday).....as the only OIA regular season game scheduled to be played at Aloha Stadium.....since UH playing away that weekend the night before on Sept. 28 (Friday) at BYU-Provo.
Last edited by kapakahi on Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

saynotomercs
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by saynotomercs »

been hearing that Robert Faleafine (2014) will contend for the starting Crusaders QB gig.

redandbluearmy
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by redandbluearmy »

^^^What is your source?

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

kapakahi wrote:
saynotomercs wrote: Aug 18 / Farrington
Aug 25 / Baldwin @ Aloha Stadium
Sep 1 / Bishop Gorman (I assume at Aloha Stadium)

Saint Louis-Farrrington should be one of the premier pre-season match-ups.
Heard that the Saint Louis-Farrington games (i.e., doubleheader with opening JV game) being moved instead to Aug. 17 (Friday).....since State Holiday (Statehood Day).
Saint Louis - Farrington game is gonna be played next Thursday (Aug. 16) night at Aloha Stadium.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by kapakahi »

To get a preview, Bishop Gorman playing on ESPN2 at 4:00 PM HST tomorrow (Friday) afternoon.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2012/au ... l-advance/
http://www.lasvegassun.com/sports/hs_fo ... 12/roster/

teamhawaii
NBA: L.A. Lakers

Post by teamhawaii »

I hope St. Louis is healthy and ready because Bishop Gorman looks good against Good Counsel, Maryland. Bishop Gorman is deep with talent and looks well disciplined. I hope St. Louis represents Hawaii respectively.

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by rrforlifebaby »

teamhawaii wrote:I hope St. Louis is healthy and ready because Bishop Gorman looks good against Good Counsel, Maryland. Bishop Gorman is deep with talent and looks well disciplined. I hope St. Louis represents Hawaii respectively.
Yup, being a local boy, I hope Crusaders rep Hawaii Football, but, being a Red Raider, I don't think they stand a chance. BG lost some studs from last year, but they did look pretty good against that Maryland team.

BG has lost only 3games under the current coaching staff, all to non-Nevada teams, but, those non-Nevada teams were pretty damn good. Unless Crusaders get their sh*t straight, I don't see them pulling out a win.

bigD
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by bigD »

Is it me or did that look like a college facility and stadium???wow BG put UH to shame. seriously do they have slot machines running in that school or what!!! Lol
hope saints put up a fight but if not, just go out and have fun cause thats what its all about...