Punahou taking players from other ILH teams

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Re: Punahou taking players from other ILH teams

Post by huki-lau-lau »

if our kids leave to attend a private school then im sure them and their parents made the right decision for their situations and we wish them the best
but we not going stop reminding people about it

-------------------

saynotomercs
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by saynotomercs »

HS Football Fanatic wrote:
saynotomercs wrote:"Stealing players" from communities?

Are you telling me that these faux-principalities (there is no sitting town government) have a proprietary right over the children who reside there?
That doesn't matter; that isn't the point. No one said St Louis or Punahou "can't" take players from any community. The point is that most of the alumni of the school that serves that community, won't like it. No one said St Louis or Punahou "can't" take players from the Kahuku / Laie community, for example. But, it's almost certain that the alumni of Kahuku High--the school that serves that community--won't like it. And can you blame them?
1. You are retarded and I've grown tired of it.

2. If your high school football team is one of the only things your community has to be proud of, I'm really glad that I don't live there.

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

saynotomercs wrote:
2. If your high school football team is one of the only things your community has to be proud of, I'm really glad that I don't live there.
coming from a stlouis guy where stlouis is one of those communities, as witnesed by the extremes that their alumni went to in order to get off of high school footballs irrelevant list the past 4 years. its not a bad thing kahuku is in the same boat, its just that football is such a big thing that it overshadowing and makes everything else seem manini.

in todays paper, proof that stlouis only has football to be proud of and why they will continue to scour the island for the best talent to help them boost their image
http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/2760 ... cus-effect

-----------------
"With the amount of exposure that one of our graduates has, not only are we so proud of that--but we need to capitalize on that. I think it's great for his family. It's great for St Louis. It's great for the state of Hawaii" said Thompson.

The hope is that Marcus' success not only bolsters attendance and academics but athletics as well.

"We didn't know what it was like to lose a state championship or Prep Bowl as it was known in my day” said Thompson of the Crusaders dominance in the 1990's.

“With Marcus, and the hype, it's like we're back in that era again of winning".

----------------------

...but we need to capitalize on that...bolsters attendance and academics but athletics as well

sounds like success in football is a driving force for keeping their school from shutting its doors which they were close to doing a few years ago.

when manti was a national hit and in the heisman spotlight, punahou got all the limelight not kahuku. that is why we are so passionate about our kids staying home in our community so that our community can reap the benefits, the "marcus effect" and "manti effect" is a good thing for the state of hawaii but more so their alma maters.

football is big a community has nothing to be ashamed of that success.
-------------------

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

saynotomercs wrote:
saynotomercs wrote:"Stealing players" from communities?

Are you telling me that these faux-principalities (there is no sitting town government) have a proprietary right over the children who reside there?
That doesn't matter; that isn't the point. No one said St Louis or Punahou "can't" take players from any community. The point is that most of the alumni of the school that serves that community, won't like it. No one said St Louis or Punahou "can't" take players from the Kahuku / Laie community, for example. But, it's almost certain that the alumni of Kahuku High--the school that serves that community--won't like it. And can you blame them?

1. I'm retarded? If that's the case, it takes a retard to know one. I do suspect, however, that I'm less "retarded" than you are. I invite the other guys on this thread to confirm or deny.
2. No one said that a community's high school football team is necessarily the only thing it has to be proud of; that doesn't make it unimportant.

twnoexcuses
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by twnoexcuses »

There is NOTHING more compelling or edge of the seat exciting than an argument over who is more retarded.

The outcomes of those contests are always so close, if not ties.
saynotomercs wrote:[

1. I'm retarded? If that's the case, it takes a retard to know one. I do suspect, however, that I'm less "retarded" than you are. I invite the other guys on this thread to confirm or deny.
2. No one said that a community's high school football team is necessarily the only thing it has to be proud of; that doesn't make it unimportant.