Farrington vs Campbell

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
gridiron22
Pine rider
Pine rider
NBA: LakersChargers
NFL: chargers

Farrington vs Campbell

Post by gridiron22 »

The two beasts from the East was just too powerful for the west side. Power football prevailed lastnight.

This was the first time I saw Campbell play and based on what I have been reading about them playing
dirty against punahou earlier in the season I believe it. Campbell got some dirty players that play with ill intentions. Farrington
had some personal fouls too but they play to win and not to try and hurt the opponent.

That one personal foul that the Campbell linebacker committed in the 3rd quarter, coach amosa pulls him to the side
and gives him a nice little 15 second lecture, I wish my dad was so nice when I was growing up. Ever since
the hernandez era campbell been looking like and playing like thugs.

Farrington was awesome they are really physical, they look good. congrats to the coach for farrington this could be their breakthrough year.

Love4daGOVS
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: Farrington vs Campbell

Post by Love4daGOVS »

gridiron22 wrote:The two beasts from the East was just too powerful for the west side. Power football prevailed lastnight.

This was the first time I saw Campbell play and based on what I have been reading about them playing
dirty against punahou earlier in the season I believe it. Campbell got some dirty players that play with ill intentions. Farrington
had some personal fouls too but they play to win and not to try and hurt the opponent.

That one personal foul that the Campbell linebacker committed in the 3rd quarter, coach amosa pulls him to the side
and gives him a nice little 15 second lecture, I wish my dad was so nice when I was growing up. Ever since
the hernandez era campbell been looking like and playing like thugs.

Farrington was awesome they are really physical, they look good. congrats to the coach for farrington this could be their breakthrough year.
Yes EAST prevails! but id have to agree. too many dirty plays that shouldnt have been there. Yeah Sila (#1) made that bad play with the facemak, but i think unintentional. He came back the rest of the game and played hard, especially with the huge hit where we "thought" was a fumble! KATOOOSH! Best hit Ive seen with the helmet and ball coming loose..

Overall, great game by the govs and sabers.
Now the Govs will have to come back and play hard for next week against the tough Red Raiders. It'll be the clash of the TITANS and a game to watch.

Lets take it all GOVS!!!!!

halaokolele
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by halaokolele »

Dirty? Really

I believe Gov's had more personal fouls and their RB is very "chirpy" and had a hand gestures or routine he did after every run however the kid is very, very good. Some call it swag but I prefer the Kahuku mentality of just play ball.

If not for the inexperience of Campbell's coaching staff things could of been different. Govs coaching staff remained very stable and confident even when they needed a couple of prayers to be answered.

I was surprised that after all these years, the Gov's have "1" yes "1" OIA Title and no State Title, that fact is amazing.

Gov's have always had the talent and I always think of them as a "POWERHOUSE" since I could remember they have always been top dogs.

What gives, why do they always choke?

polywarrior4life
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: San Fransico Giants
NBA: Chicago Bulls
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Post by polywarrior4life »

Love4daGOVS wrote:
Yes EAST prevails! but id have to agree. too many dirty plays that shouldnt have been there. Yeah Sila (#1) made that bad play with the facemak, but i think unintentional. He came back the rest of the game and played hard, especially with the huge hit where we "thought" was a fumble! KATOOOSH! Best hit Ive seen with the helmet and ball coming loose..
A little correction, it was #28 Taniela Prescott that made the KATOOSH. Semo Sila picked up the ball.
Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work. VINCE LOMBARDI

Love4daGOVS
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Love4daGOVS »

Ahh, I thought it was Semo. Couldnt see from my angle. Good stuff.

Yes, i agree. I always think of Farrington as a top contender every year but we just cant seem to get over the hump in the end. 1 title does seem to be a very shocking fact though for most. in my opinion, but dont quote me, sometimes players cant seem to keep up the grades throughout the entire season and end up getting held out for that reason. But i think its just all a part of high school football where probably a lot of teams have a similar situation. Im not putting anyone down as I too came from the great school of Farrington!
Also, not to mention we all know that we'd have to get through Kahuku almost every year to win it. haha.

jaySend
Starter
Starter

Post by jaySend »

yo west side wassup with so much praying u tryna soften up us east siders?

keep yo prayers in your heart not on your sleeve. cause your actions on the field sure dont warrant a humble group.

polywarrior4life
All-conference
All-conference

Love4daGOVS wrote:Ahh, I thought it was Semo. Couldnt see from my angle. Good stuff.

Yes, i agree. I always think of Farrington as a top contender every year but we just cant seem to get over the hump in the end. 1 title does seem to be a very shocking fact though for most. in my opinion, but dont quote me, sometimes players cant seem to keep up the grades throughout the entire season and end up getting held out for that reason. But i think its just all a part of high school football where probably a lot of teams have a similar situation. Im not putting anyone down as I too came from the great school of Farrington!
Also, not to mention we all know that we'd have to get through Kahuku almost every year to win it. haha.
I would have to disagree with you on the, "Players being held out due to academic issue". I don't think that was an issue for the last 4 years when Apelu So'oalo was a junior and was held out for the Leilehua game in the OIA semi-finals due too academics. This was Andrew Manleys sopmore year when they took the state title. I'm refering to impact starting players that had academic issues leading up to post-season play. Not the bench warmers.

Farrington has always had athletes and is always competitive in the Red. In '08 when Farrington played Kahuku for the OIA Championship, missed 3 field goals in triple overtime and had many of opportunities to win the game, wasn't on the players or because they had academic issues. That I would have to put all on the coaches and there decision making. They played Punahou in the semi-final state tournament featuring Manti Te'o and was in position to win it all until the same coaching tactics came into play.

Even the next season after that in '09 during regular season play, when Farrington was up on Kahuku 14-0 at the half, ran into some issues, only to see there lead diminish by field goals that led to a 16-14 loss was all on the coaches decision to play conservative and that's what cost them the game. Farrington did make it back to the states but lost to Leilehua 9-6 in the OIA semi-finals. Then returned to play Kahuku in the state semi-finals only to lose again 9-7.

Last year in '10, farrington lost too Mililani in the quarter finals of the OIA playoffs and was knocked out of the state tournament for the first time in 7 years. Can you imagine if a Cal Lee, Nolan Takuda, Reggie Torres, or even Wendall Look took over the helm at Farrington these past years with outstanding athletes? You get the picture, so once again, farrington always has the athletes, the question is, does farrington have the right coaching?

As for this years undefeated team. This is my intake of the situation. Last year farrington had a lot of sophmores and juniors that where starters. Considering the inexperience on the team, they where bound and expected to do well this year with the amount of returnees that came back this year. Now because there where a lot of senior heavy teams last year on a lot of the squads, including Kahuku, the competition level is down this year. With the defense that farrington has this year, I would say that they are lucky they didn't play a team like Leilehua who thrives on passing attack and puts up big numbers against mediocre secondarys. They wouldnt have made the same mistakes as Campbell did. Kahuku has a much more aggressive defense, especially with LB Tapusoa back in the line up. Farringtons defense is there weakness and so far luck has been on there side, capitalizing on there opponent offenses mistakes, drop passes, int's and so forth. How long the magic will last? We will just have to wait an see. It's farringtons offense that keeps things going by keeping there defense off the field along with there opponents offense idling on the sidelines. How they do that? Is with sustainable drives, eating away at the clock. A Spred offense can't compete with that. Only a team that runs a similar type offense can succeed with execution. That team is Kahuku.

So let's see if the coaches on both sides can coach and call the right game plan in this years OIA Championship game. Even though farrington has the upper hand, stopping Aofaga Wily won't be easy. He's already accumulated over a 1,094 rushing this season. He also missed 4 games early in the season. He is the 2nd leading rusher in the state behind Tyler Taumua who has, 1, 579 yards rushing. This will be a very good match up while the two Beast from the East go head too head. See you at the game.
Last edited by polywarrior4life on Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:36 am, edited 6 times in total.
Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work. VINCE LOMBARDI

polywarrior4life
All-conference
All-conference

jaySend wrote:yo west side wassup with so much praying u tryna soften up us east siders?

keep yo prayers in your heart not on your sleeve. cause your actions on the field sure dont warrant a humble group.
+1
lol

BTW, you where right, IMO, Aofaga Wily is the better running back. I just looked up the stats for the entire HSF. Aofaga has over a 1,097 yards rushing and 2nd behind Tyler. Whow! and he's doing it with a very young O'line this year. He also missed 4 games this season due to injury. I can imagine what his stats would look like if he had played 100% with the 4 games. He probably could have reached well past 2,000 by now. Amazing!

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

Dunno if this was posted anywhere, but I just found this quick vid that someone made for Campbell.
http://vimeo.com/31248440

Love4daGOVS
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Love4daGOVS »

You seem very dead-on on your explanations for the past years and very accurate.
I appreciate the post, good looking out.

Every year the govs do have a lot of talent and potential to win. I guess the coaching issue is something they'd have to solve.

kanakattack
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by kanakattack »

I have to agree that the top two teams in the east are better than the top teams in the west-but barely. From top to bottom, however, the west is just a stronger division. Look at the white division also-the top teams are the west teams.

Top Teams in All of OIA
1. Farrington (top team)
2. Kahuku (2nd best team)
3. Leilehua (only loss is a 9-7 squeaker to Kahuku)
4. Campbell (beat Punahou)
5. Mililani (nearly beat Farrington)
6. Waianae (nearly beat Kahuku)
7. Aiea (nearly beat Campbell twice)
8. Moanalua (east's 3rd best team, would finish at the bottom of the west)
9. Kapolei (beat Aiea and beat Pearl City 54-0)
10. Kailua (lost to Aiea)
11. Radford (beat Mililani)
12. Pearl City (undefeated in D2)
13. Waipahu (beat Kaimuki)
14. Kaimuki (???-lost two in a row at the end)

Most of the best teams, aside from Kahuku and Farrington are west side teams.

polywarrior4life
All-conference
All-conference

Love4daGOVS wrote:You seem very dead-on on your explanations for the past years and very accurate.
I appreciate the post, good looking out.

Every year the govs do have a lot of talent and potential to win. I guess the coaching issue is something they'd have to solve.
Thank you. I am a Hawaii High School Football Sports Freak. I follow mostly all the hs football teams in the state. Been doing it for the last 20 years. I try to watch most of the games, if not then I'll try to get statistics from newspaper articles or online. But of course, there nothing better then to watch a hs football game live and in living color. Sometimes I would travel to the schools to ask questions on the game and players status. I've been following and making notes of current and up coming players in there respective programs. I'm working with a National data base for hs football and trying to collect data on the success rate of hs football athletes that attend colleges and graduate. This recently started up last year by my college football team mate. His vision was to find ways in assisting programs to educate, and guide student athlete on how to get to college and graduate. It's a challenging task, but better now then never.

polywarrior4life
All-conference
All-conference

kanakattack wrote:I have to agree that the top two teams in the east are better than the top teams in the west-but barely. From top to bottom, however, the west is just a stronger division. Look at the white division also-the top teams are the west teams.

Top Teams in All of OIA
1. Farrington (top team)
2. Kahuku (2nd best team)
3. Leilehua (only loss is a 9-7 squeaker to Kahuku)
4. Campbell (beat Punahou)
5. Mililani (nearly beat Farrington)
6. Waianae (nearly beat Kahuku)
7. Aiea (nearly beat Campbell twice)
8. Moanalua (east's 3rd best team, would finish at the bottom of the west)
9. Kapolei (beat Aiea and beat Pearl City 54-0)
10. Kailua (lost to Aiea)
11. Radford (beat Mililani)
12. Pearl City (undefeated in D2)
13. Waipahu (beat Kaimuki)
14. Kaimuki (???-lost two in a row at the end)

Most of the best teams, aside from Kahuku and Farrington are west side teams.
It's seems you have a nack for the west. Idk how Moanalua would be on the bottom of the west. I also don't see Kapolei above Kailua.

I would say that's all that matters. The top two teams from the east in the finals is making a statement regardless of top to bottom. All it takes is two teams from the east to say the the east is stronger then the west. They beat the top two teams in the west, that means they can beat the rest in the west. Barely is not in the same category of the win column. Its either you win or go home complaining. Even if its by one point, a win is a win and that's that. Jmho.

The white division is for the teams that can't handle competition in the red. It's called the white division, not the white east and white west. It's one division. But your right, if they move into the red, then they will go into the west, but for now its one division.

polywarrior4life
All-conference
All-conference

halaokolele wrote:Dirty? Really

I believe Gov's had more personal fouls and their RB is very "chirpy" and had a hand gestures or routine he did after every run however the kid is very, very good. Some call it swag but I prefer the Kahuku mentality of just play ball.

If not for the inexperience of Campbell's coaching staff things could of been different. Govs coaching staff remained very stable and confident even when they needed a couple of prayers to be answered.

I was surprised that after all these years, the Gov's have "1" yes "1" OIA Title and no State Title, that fact is amazing.

Gov's have always had the talent and I always think of them as a "POWERHOUSE" since I could remember they have always been top dogs.

What gives, why do they always choke?
+1
I agree, always good to stay humble. Aofaga I think is the best running back in the state and you don't see him doing those kind of gestures. Very humble kid.

Weirdo
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Weirdo »

Dirty?????

I'm a newbie, but I am really careful before calling anyone or team dirty or thugs....
I think certain teams play more aggressive than others.
Perfect example - Pearl City. They are uber aggressive (IN THE WHITE) and their style of play directly represents
their coaches - Kai Kamaka being involved in MMA after all. But would I dare call their play dirty? Maybe just riding on the edge but I don't think crossing it.
Then you have a team like the Tigers very passive and submissive more like pussy cats but again
dircetly represents the coaching staff - older with a style more from a simplier time.
Dirty? Nah no way. It always looks that way from the other side of the bleachers. But you get one of those so called 'dirty' players on your side and they are the pride of the town!!!!