OIA Div.1 Playoff Predictions

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
polywarrior4life
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: San Fransico Giants
NBA: Chicago Bulls
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

OIA Div.1 Playoff Predictions

Post by polywarrior4life »

All right gang, here is my game predictions for the OIA Div.1 playoffs. 1st round, 2nd round, semi's, and the championship game. You may hate it, you may agree with it, but please remember that I'm only tossing up a coin and guessing if its heads or tails. But this I hope will get you all excited about the upcoming OIA playoff games and the close predictions that you may have when its all said an done. Feel free to give yours.

Good Luck too all teams in the OIA playoffs.
Anything is possible when you put your heart and soul into your dreams an goals in becoming OIA Champions!

1st Round:

Moanalua 27 Kapolei 7 / FINAL: Moanalua 30 Kapolei 13

Waianae 20 Kaiser 0 / FINAL: Waianae 35 Kaiser 16

Kailua 10 Aiea 7 / FINAL: Aiea 13 Kailua 12

Mililani 35 Castle 13 / FINAL: Mililani 37 Castle 7

2nd Round:

Leilehua 30 Moanalua 17 FINAL: Leilehua 40/ Moanalua 7

Kahuku 35 Waianae 6 FINAL: Kahuku 20/ Waianae 16

Aiea 27 Campbell 24 FINAL: Campbell 13 Aiea 7

Farrington 28 Mililani 21 FINAL: Farrington 25/ Mililani 20

Semi-Finals:

Kahuku 28 Leilehua 24 FINAL: Kahuku 9 Leilehua 7

Farrington 19 Campbell 14 FINAL: Farrington 27 Campbell 24

OIA Championship:

Kahuku 21 Farrington 20 FINAL: Kahuku 23 Farrington 0

2011 OIA Division 1 Champions, Kahuku Red Raiders.
Last edited by polywarrior4life on Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:13 am, edited 14 times in total.
Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work. VINCE LOMBARDI

polywarrior4life
All-conference
All-conference

Re: OIA Div.1 Playoff Predictions

The reason why I think that Kahuku will prevail is because they always and most likely do when it come too the playoffs. It will be a toss up between Kahuku and Leilehua but I think that Kahuku's stellar defense will contain Leilehua's passing attack and be very successful sticking too the ground game with Aofaga and company. Leilehua's defense will have difficulties trying to stop the running game. By the time QB Satanaga and company gets back onto the field, 8-10 min. would have expired off the clock by Kahuku's ground pounding offensive machine. Not enough time for an offense that relys heavily on its passing game.

Farrington on the other end will have a difficult time trying too contain Kahuku's Aofaga Wily. It will come down to the wire again, but Kahuku will be playing at the stadium and not Roosevelt were they always have a hard time playing at during season play.
Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work. VINCE LOMBARDI

soleu
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by soleu »

Meh, I'm too lazy to do the scores so I'll just post the winner.
1st Round:

Moanalua Kapolei - Moanalua

Waianae Kaiser - Waianae

Kailua Aiea - Aiea

Mililani Castle - Mililani

2nd Round:

Leilehua Moanalua - Moanalua

Kahuku Waianae - Kahuku

Campbell Aiea - Campbell

Farrington Mililani - Farrington

Semi-Finals:

Kahuku Moanalua - Kahuku

Farrington Campbell - Campbell

OIA Championship:

Kahuku Campbell - Kahuku

2011 OIA Division 1 Champions, Kahuku Red Raiders
3rd Place - Farrington Moanalua - Farrington (Possible rematch w/ Kahuku in state semis)

polywarrior4life
All-conference
All-conference

soleu wrote:Meh, I'm too lazy to do the scores so I'll just post the winner.
1st Round:

Waianae Kaiser - Waianae

Kailua Aiea - Aiea

2nd Round:

Kahuku Waianae - Kahuku

Campbell Aiea - Campbell

Semi-Finals:

Kahuku Moanalua - Kahuku

OIA Championship:

Kahuku Campbell - Kahuku

3rd Place - Farrington Moanalua - Farrington (Possible rematch w/ Kahuku in state semis)
Nice :thumbup: :thumbup:

bigD
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by bigD »

I think its gonna be farrington vs leileihua for the oia title..kahuku will beat waianae but with an already weak secondary hurt by injuries kahuku will not stop the passing game in leileihua. Unless the offense can do more than run the ball I see them struggling and relying to much on the defense to win..

polywarrior4life
All-conference
All-conference

bigD wrote:I think its gonna be farrington vs leileihua for the oia title..kahuku will beat waianae but with an already weak secondary hurt by injuries kahuku will not stop the passing game in leileihua. Unless the offense can do more than run the ball I see them struggling and relying to much on the defense to win..
Nice imput :thumbup: thanks.

politclyincrekt
Play Maker
Play Maker
NFL: Chicago Bears

Post by politclyincrekt »

soleu wrote:Meh, I'm too lazy to do the scores so I'll just post the winner.
1st Round:

Waianae Kaiser - Waianae

Kailua Aiea - Aiea

2nd Round:

Kahuku Waianae - Kahuku

Campbell Aiea - Campbell

Semi-Finals:

Kahuku Moanalua - Kahuku

OIA Championship:

Kahuku Campbell - Kahuku

I personally do not see Moanalua upsetting Leilehua. Leilehua is a different animal from Kahuku/Farrington. Not a stronger animal, but a different animal.

I also do not see Campbell upsetting Farrington. Govdozer > Saberdozer.

bigD
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by bigD »

Agree leileihua is a different monster that most teams cannot stop..you need a secondary that can shut down the passing game not just the running and im afraid only a few teams can..moanalua has a strong team defense upfront but mililani exposed them with the passing game.

gridiron22
Pine rider
Pine rider
NBA: LakersChargers
NFL: chargers

Post by gridiron22 »

Leilehua still have not beaten anyone yet and has not tasted what the east has to offer in Kahuku and Farrington or Moanalua.
I say Moanalua holds it down to advance for a rematch with Kahuku

Farrington will hold on in a rematch with Kahuku because I think Farrington has the confidence and that will carry them into states.

Semi-Finals:

Kahuku/Moanalua - Kahuku

Farrington/Campbell - Farrington

OIA Championship:

Kahuku/Farrington - Farrington

politclyincrekt
Play Maker
Play Maker
NFL: Chicago Bears

Post by politclyincrekt »

Although I think Leilehua will throw a wrench into someones play-off run, a Farrington-Kahuku final game will be something to behold.

polywarrior4life
All-conference
All-conference

This weekend is win, and you have extra life. Lose, and you go home. :footballhelmet:

soleu
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by soleu »

polywarrior4life wrote:This weekend is win, and you have extra life. Lose, and you go home. :footballhelmet:
Yep. You hear anything about Taumua? Someone was saying that he got hurt at the Moanalua game.

polywarrior4life
All-conference
All-conference

soleu wrote:
polywarrior4life wrote:This weekend is win, and you have extra life. Lose, and you go home. :footballhelmet:
Yep. You hear anything about Taumua? Someone was saying that he got hurt at the Moanalua game.
I know his hand was swollen, but not sure on the progress. I wish the best of luck for Farringtons secondary. Mililani has one of the top passing QB's in the state along with the top two wide outs. If there's a weakness in the governors defense, that would be it. If they can't contain then it will be a long night and a short season for the govs.

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by rrforlifebaby »

Over the year's, i've come to admire the Mighty Mules. Under coach Tokuda, they've definitely become a true football power, with one championship in three tries.

With that being said, i think people forget what a very staunch physical defense can do to the Mules vaunted passing game....ie a 16 to 46 loss to the Red Raiders last year.

No matter how the match ups look on paper and in the minds of us followers, what matters is what happens on the field, which is why the games are played.

Good luck to all the teams, especially our beloved Red Raiders!!!

GO BIG RED!!!

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Post by reignjah11 »

i really hope farrington and kahuku win this week so i can see them play on tv next week. it would be a shame if one of them were to lose! damn oc16, i wished you guys would show either the farrington-mililani or kahuku-waianae rather than moanalua-leilehua, we've seen those teams play on tv already!