2011 High School Cross Country

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
nogutsnoglory
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: 2011 High School Cross Country

Post by nogutsnoglory »

I think you missed my point about track,let me elaborate. Most teams go up against Punahou with no idea or will they could beat them. Seabury is different. Not only do they try to beat them but they believe they can. Big difference. It is instilled by the coaches. As Seabury says Puna Who.

hzy
High-quality H20 provider

Post by hzy »

I think you missed my point and are confusing my analysis of Seabury's chance to win with criticism. I'm sure Seabury has confidence they can beat Punahou and that they know what they need to do it. I know they knew what they had to do to beat Punahou at the state track meet (although I would think having Tracey-Visintainer run the 100m would have been part of that formula). Good for Seabury if they believe they can beat Punahou and I hope they do. I'm just as tired as the next guy of seeing Punahou win every year. I just don't think they have the depth to do it, and like you said, whatever I want to believe is OK.

As for last year, I'm guessing you're referring to your prediction that Dakota Grossman would win the State Championship. Bravo, but that wasn't too great of a stretch predicting that. Predicting an individual to win is greatly different from predicting what team will defeat the 6 time defending champion. If you get that right, my hats off to you. I just don't think you will.

BIOFA
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by BIOFA »

"Puna Who" has 6 State Championships? Or Puna Who always beats us? Oh PunaHOU.
And its good that Seabury has dreams, its good to dream.

XCfun
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by XCfun »

I do not believe nogutsnoglory represents the viewpoints of Seabury coaches or athletes. Misguided statements made by nogutsnoglory in this forum i.e. "As Seabury says Puna Who" are fabrications that have no basis in reality. Seabury does not focus or obsess about Punahou. Punahou has a great program. It's really simple, the kids train and then they race. Who ever wins deserves it and should be congratulated. It appears noguts is seeking attention and my response unfortunately delivers that. However, I believe it is more important for those reading this blog to hear my push back and to drastically discount the merit and substance of the recent comments made by no guts.

Pastrun
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Pastrun »

Nogutsnoglory I understand that being anonymous is a big part of this forum. But as for regards to your post about Private schools like SEABURY HALL having a giant advantage over others because they supposedly start young is a complete lie. You of all people should know that seeing as you once upon a time COACHED FOR A PRIVATE SCHOOL not saying which school but you can guess.

Just have to point out that if its true that Seabury is training kids from a young age to become good runners then what were you doing that whole time? The girls team has mostly kids that came in freshmen year and as for the boys look at where the front runners from middle school are now. Only 3 of them remain seriously dedicated to the sport.

I have to agree with hzy on the fact that you somehow think predicting the girsl state champion would make you credible in any way.

As for Seabury saying "Puna Who" your completely inaccurate as nobody ever says that. Oh by the way the last time I saw you even at Seabury was a year ago so how would you have any idea what goes on there anymore. Your time at Seabury is long gone.

-PastRun

nogutsnoglory
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by nogutsnoglory »

Why are you so hypocritical. How many times have I read in here. "Dam Punahou wins again" or "I wish someone would beat Punahou" all i did was say what you were thinking or wishing for. Com on coaches whats so hard about it. Duncan takes average runners and makes them good runners, how hard is that. Why don't you challenge yourself and your team and try. And has far as the phrase" Puna Who" I saw it in writing at Seabury. You need to lighten up, this is all in fun. Why so serious.

Pastrun
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Pastrun »

I don't have a problem with Punahou at all. They developed a good program and have attracted excellent athletes to there school.

Now I just have to point out to Nogutsnoglory that in his statement, "You need to lighten up, this is all in fun. Why so serious." that he once had a runner enrolled at Seabury Hall. He coached this athlete/daughter with such a ferocity and intensity that she would cry during practice. So before you go and say, "its all for fun" maybe you should look at how you coached in the past.

-Pastrun

kewlrunnings
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by kewlrunnings »

Let's not forget about the HPA girls! They have potentially four girls that can finish in the top twenty and Sims, the reigning 400 meter dash state champ, could finish in the top three.

hzy

Post by hzy »

Sims took 2nd in the 400 this year, not first.

kewlrunnings
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by kewlrunnings »

Sorry, Sims is the state champion in the 1500 meter run not the 400... My bad.

kewlrunnings
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by kewlrunnings »

Does anyone know if Punahou, HPA, or Seabury girls are going to do the I'olani race or the Lahainaluna race on 9/17? That might be a good preview of the top three girls teams going at each other early in the season...

hzy

Post by hzy »

Any information on who's attending either of these races would be great.

OIAcoach
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by OIAcoach »

California- Moreau Catholic, Riverbank, Union Mine, Marywood, Laguna Beach, Burbank
Washington- Curtis
BIIF- Kamehameha-Hawaii
ILH- Damien, Iolani, Lanakila
OIA- Leilehua
Not sure if the mainland teams are guys or girls. (Athletic.net)

nogutsnoglory
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by nogutsnoglory »

Pastrun

I was wondering when you would join this forum. I am glad we live in the USA so we can express ourselves. Wether it is stats, good info, friendly jostling or personally lashing out with anger like you. As far as influence on the current squad at Seabury, i coached some of them from grades 2 and 3 their running careers started with me. And the one thing I always told them was "Fear No One". So when i say an early age thats what I mean. Why don't you just go and ask them yourself. As far as my daughter goes she is finally in a real running program, running for world class COACHES with world class teammates and last I checked which was a few hours ago is very happy. Sorry i can not say the same for you. PS yes she did cry and even throw up a few times but most champions I have met do.