2011 High School track and field

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
RunJonPaulAMPM
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: 2011 High School track and field

Post by RunJonPaulAMPM »

The 2011 HHSAA State Track & Field Championshiip Coaches Information Packet is now available at:
http://www.sportshigh.com/sports/track_ ... ament/2011
Last edited by RunJonPaulAMPM on Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kautech
High-quality H20 provider

Post by kautech »

2011 HHSAA Track and Field Championship Coaches Packet available at the Meet's official website:

http://www.sportshigh.com/sports/track_ ... ament/2011

kautech

Post by kautech »

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

I may be cynical ,but when Devin Jenkins runs 10.68 in the 100,then I am no longer so cynical about those 4.3 forty times. I am glad to see that Hawaii is now producing athletes capable of elite marks in the 100 meter dash after a long hiatus following Bryan Clay.

nogutsnoglory
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by nogutsnoglory »

Coming Monday my picks for the girls State meet on Maui. Go ahead and make your own picks. I got my plane ticket would not miss this for anything. Could be one of the best state meets for both boys and girls in a very long time.

couchqb

Post by couchqb »

Congrats to Punahou Team (ILH Boys Track and Field Champs),
Kamehameha (2nd Place Team Overall),
Saint Louis (3rd Place Team Overall
Lotsa records dropped yesterday. It was a great day of running for all.

Congrats to the Crusaders 4x100 Relay Team (Jared Tomaszek, Marcus Mariota, Duke Bukoski, Jeremy Tabuyo) for setting a NEW ILH CHAMPIONSHIP RECORD with a time of 42.83!!!! Go Crusaders!!
:hello1:

Also Congrats to the Crusaders ILH Individual Event Champions:

Jeremy Tabuyo: 100 meter dash (1st) 200 meter dash (1st)

Duke Bukoski: 300 meter Hurdles (1st) 110 meter High Hurdles (3rd)

Paulay Asiata: Discus (1st) Shot Put (3rd)

Good Luck in States!!!
Last edited by couchqb on Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

kautech

Post by kautech »

kautech

Post by kautech »

WHAT
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

STATES

Post by WHAT »

This year has a great number of competive athletes statewide. Not just the #1s but one thru twenty. It was really hard just to qualify. There are some good runners and field event athletes this year that might not get into the top 26 that would have in previous years qualied easily. To make FINALS this year will be really impressive. There will be some great individuals and races to watch at STATES. Good job to all that have worked hard to make to the top 26 list in your event.

WHAT
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by WHAT »

This year has a great number of competive athletes statewide. Not just the #1s but one thru twenty. It was really hard just to qualify. There are some good runners and field event athletes this year that might not get into the top 26 that would have in previous years qualied easily. To make FINALS this year will be really impressive. There will be some great individuals and races to watch at STATES. Good job to all that have worked hard to make to the top 26 list in your event.

n0t1but2
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by n0t1but2 »

I agree, that there have been great performances this year, driving the level of competition up beyond the consideration standards set for qualifying for States. But this is also because the Consideration Standard formula, as described in the State Coaches Info Packet (http://www.sportshigh.com/files/content ... 110427.pdf), on Page 17 on the April 27 Updated Copy (page 3 of the HHSAA Handbook – Track & Field), still uses the top 32 times and marks from the last 2 years, and is not based on the 26 places it was reduced to by the State's 20% reduction policy, as the result of budget cuts.
Either way, the Automatic/Consideration Standard is a fairer way of determining state qualifiers, rather than only setting one qualifying standard that is both high enough to encourage a higher level of performances and low enough to not unfairly eliminate athletes who deserve to be competing at the State Championship, which sometimes occured with the old method.
I agree that both ways have the uncertainty of being eliminated by the numbers game, currently 26 & previously 32, but the current system allows athletes to shoot for a standard that will ensure qualification and raise everyones performances, while still allowing for maximum participation for those deserving to be at the State Championship.