2011 High School track and field

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
ALOHURDLE
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: 2011 High School track and field

Post by ALOHURDLE »

40 times are ridiculous when you believe what high schoolers say. Kids have been saying they run the fastest 40 in hawaii, a 4.1 or a 4.23, but somehow something happens and they can only peak a 100 meters at 11.4. Keep in mind its 40 yard not 40 meters.

trackrunner808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by trackrunner808 »

Raion beat Hinkle many times in the summer track season with a fast time of 12.39

mnxc21
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by mnxc21 »

12.39? she dropped a whole half second in 3-4 months?

2LeftFeet
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by 2LeftFeet »

All the summer track results are at: http://www.usatfhi.org/results.htm

She ran the 12.39 at the Championship meet on July 17 - http://www.usatfhi.org/071710hijochp.htm

They were using electronic timing at the meet, so it is legitimate.

trackspike
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by trackspike »

That's a pretty good time for summer track. Normally the level of competition isn't as high in the summer as it is during the high school track season, so it is harder to stay motivated and train with the same intensity.

mnxc21
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by mnxc21 »

Wow, thats a really good legit time then.
Whats your guys take on the 1500m boys probably going sub4?
It seems as though there are 3young men that can just break the 4min 1500 mark.

nogutsnoglory
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by nogutsnoglory »

Ok I like guessing games. The three boys would be.
Martinez Margarito Leilehua 12
Thibodeau Jordan KS-Kapalama 12
Murphy Pierce Island School 12

Maybe not in that order. Who do you think will be the top three girls? in the 1500.

trackrunner808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by trackrunner808 »

Yea those 3 boys can go sub-4 for sure. i think kyleigh mann, dakota grossman, who else?? i need the results from last year im too lazy to check

jtkk
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by jtkk »

If there are 3 boys with the potential to go sub 4 in the 1500 there is a reasonable chance that we won't see a new State record in the boys 1500. This would be a shame if any of these extremely talented young men run a state record time at some other big meet and then run a tactical race at state to win. There is a big difference between running for a record and running to win. Why do we not have State Records and seperate State Meet records

mnxc21
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by mnxc21 »

No, Im sure all three boys want the record just as much as they want to win. Each of those three runners have their own strengths and weakness. Also since their seniors, they wont be holding back at all. All three will run their own race, but it will just so happen they will all be going to same pace. Sub 4.

jtkk
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by jtkk »

That may be the case and it will make for a great race but there needs to be serious consideration given to having State Records and State Meet records

nogutsnoglory
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by nogutsnoglory »

I think in the boys 1500 you will see a state meet record as well as the fastest time in the state. The pacers will pull the kickers along for 1200 meters then with around 300 or 200 left the kickers will take over. New record. No doubt that when you are in the state meet championships final, you are a senior, you are running in front of 15,000 people all screaming and yelling. At state it is all about winning, and yes it is a honor just to make it that far but to the kids winning is on there minds. And if you plan on continuing your running into college it does help that you are a state champion.

jtkk
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by jtkk »

I am not disagreeing with anyone that most of the time the desire to win will result ing fast time. I just beleive that when those fast record breaking times happen at meets other than the state meet, they should be recognized as State records.
The top three young men in the 1500m have the potential to go 4 flat or sub 4 earlier in the season especially if they get some mainland competition or hook up at one or more of the Hawaii Invitational meets.
We need State Records as well as State Meet records I am sure we have all experienced less than ideal weather conditions at State meets in the past. ets all hope for excellent weather at this years State Meet.

whoewa70
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by whoewa70 »

This will be another great year for Track and Field in our state....too bad unlike previously stated "15,000 people" will not be watching. Distance races will be really strong this year for girls and especially boys. Pierce, Magarito, and Jordan will be putting up some great times. But with the State Meet on Maui this year I don't expect 15,000 in attendance unless a lot of people fly up to the Valley Isle for it. Boy it would be great for Maui tourism that weekend. War Memorial stadium is a great venue an larger than those here on Oahu for the State meet.

Good luck to all you student-athletes. See you all on the track.

mnxc21
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by mnxc21 »

Dang 15k? Im gona book my flight now, and tell them to put the Super Ferry back online.