WAIANAE, problems on the westside.

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
oldskool2u
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

WAIANAE, problems on the westside.

Post by oldskool2u »

Could this be the year that the Searider finally "implode"?

BigWave96744

Re: WAIANAE, problems on the westside.

Post by BigWave96744 »

Explain, please

oldskool2u
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by oldskool2u »

"implode" meaning finally having "past misgivings" hurt the program. Last years collapse in the first round of the playoffs is still hurting, players are bigger than the team now, All Stars!? in their own mind, to much ohana on the coaching staff, playing favortism with their boyz or friends son.
I think if these kids could put thier names on the uniform, they would play harder for the name on the back than the name in the front.
I have learned to lower my expectations every year of waianae as they continue to be happy just "getting by"..

mycall
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by mycall »

I actually had high expectations for Waianae this year. I for sure thought the Wilson twins would be a force to be reckon with. I think off the field issues are what is hurting them. I know they lost to Campbell, but I still think they can make playoffs. That is unless they lose to Aiea and Radford........ if that happens, I would be really worried if I was Waianae

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Funny I was thinking that Waianae seem to be playing better... Kapolei, however, seems to be going the wrong direction so far this season..

kanakattack
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by kanakattack »

Waianae will be fine. They always play better as the season goes along. They will work things out and make the playoffs. Waianae has the skills and the line to correct their problems. Kapolei is struggling because they lost a lot of starters and are very young. Rebuilding year and still learning the intricacies of Michael Carters option system. They are also a team that should get better as the season moves along and should make the playoffs. Mililani looks to be the class of the Red West and should run away with the title.

hiskoolfb
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by hiskoolfb »

wow... waianae 0-3 so far...the program seems to be lacking confidence, in them selves and the backing from the community...the fans in the bleachers ares still hoping larry Ginoza walks out of the locker room & rights the ship...the little things are killn' them..the great discipline they once had, the humbleness, toughness..pretty much all gone. The individual play they are displaying are a far cry from the "team" structure that carried them in the 60' 70' 80' & early 90s'...if the manage to fix the "little" thing they will have "big" results....

oldskool2u
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by oldskool2u »

waianae finally put up enough offense to get it's firs W of the year, was not pretty in fact was very very ugly by WAIANAE standards (of the past). Offense line play was better, but still SHAKEY!! Defense got chop up!!! was the prevent "D" meant for millilani to score or prevent waianae from playing defense, on 1 play it was 3rd and 6 for the trojans the waianae DB give a 5 yrd cushion then BACKPEDALS 5 more yrds giving the 1st down???
In the past WAIANAEs backbone was always the D, that was the PAST, now it's BACKPEDAL, BACKPEDAL, BACKPEADAL NO BACKBONE ALL JAWBONE!!!
Seariders LACK OF DISCIPLINE WAS ON FULL DISPLAY LAST NITE.

jaySend
Starter
Starter

Post by jaySend »

the lost against campbell was a big surprise, but the 0-2 start against the #1 and #2 team in the state was not
an indication of the rest of their season like everyone was talking about.

I feel sorry for mililani whose 3-0 start against DII schools got their confidence up high
only to bring them back to reality yesterday.

In OIA D1 games are lost and won in the trenches.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

kanakattack wrote:Waianae will be fine. They always play better as the season goes along. They will work things out and make the playoffs. Waianae has the skills and the line to correct their problems. Kapolei is struggling because they lost a lot of starters and are very young. Rebuilding year and still learning the intricacies of Michael Carters option system. They are also a team that should get better as the season moves along and should make the playoffs. Mililani looks to be the class of the Red West and should run away with the title.
If Mililani was the class of the oia red, Waianae took them to school :)

hiskoolfb
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by hiskoolfb »

ball control, win the battle of field position, play good special teams, win the battle on the line, D that bent but didnt break apart....seemed like the old waianae for a night...will they keep it up? time will tell...good to see them be like them "old selves" even for one night!