2010 Cross Country

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
RunJonPaulAMPM
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: 2010 Cross Country

Post by RunJonPaulAMPM »

Ties in team scoring shall be resolved by comparing the sixth-place finisher from the tying teams. The team with the best sixth-place finisher shall prevail. If one team does not have a sixth-place finisher, the team with the sixth-place finisher shall prevail. If only five competitors of tying teams finish, the tie shall be resolved by totaling the scores of the first four finishers.

not1but2many
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by not1but2many »

Good Luck at States to all you hard working cross country athletes! Those of you who have dedicated yourselves to this sport throughout the season and persevered through countless workouts and practices, set goals and improved on personal bests, can call yourselves successful in my book. You're all winners!

n0t1but2
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by n0t1but2 »

I hope those athletes who fortunate enough to compete at the State meet,
Look at the time, guys,
when you cross that finish line, and take the time to appreciate all those who have contributed to the sport of cross country this season.

CCfan
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by CCfan »

Yay! State's is this Thursday!

HI Way
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by HI Way »

What's up with that? Last year's "Furlough Friday" came back to haunt us this year! Just in time for Halloween!
Furlough Friday song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVvm5YgJ ... re=related
Another Furlough Friday Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lG4p4JA ... re=related
Last edited by HI Way on Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

whoewa70
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by whoewa70 »

Well it's here at last. States! Even with a few disagreements and hearty discussions in the forum we've reached season's end with not much more info than we started. It'll all have to be decided tomorrow at CORP. The kids will be the ones running for glory and to just have fun in the end.

Good luck to all of you who made it. Sorry goes out to Casey Torres of Roosevelt who got knocked after placing 48th, replaced by Mililani's 6th runner.

See you all bright and early tomorrow morning.

kautech
High-quality H20 provider

Post by kautech »

kautech

Post by kautech »

train hard win easy
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by train hard win easy »

Margarito rules, Jordon was on fire, Murphy had an off day. Congrats to all the runners. They all gave 100%. Great race, great day, great kids!

trackrunner808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by trackrunner808 »

borys was still injured and ryan was sick...

PJPennypacker
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by PJPennypacker »

My Post State meet predictions:
1. Dakota Grossman, Seabury; 2. Elli Brady, Punahou; 3. Heidi Nicholls, Hawaii Baptist; 4. Breanne Ball, Iolani; 5. Kimberly Pugliese, Mililani; 6. Jessica Johnson, Kamehameha-Kapalama; 7. Zoe Sims, Hawaii Prep; 8. Kela Vargas, Hawaii Prep; 9. Sophie Curatilo; 10. Julia Brand, Punahou.
Teams: 1. Punahou, 2. Hawaii Prep, 3. Kamehameha-Kapalama, 4. Seabury Hall, 5. Mililani

JK
Good job today everyone!

808HOTSHOTS
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by 808HOTSHOTS »

Awesome job today runners!! :D

This will be the link for the 2010 HHSAA Cross Country Championships @ CORP

http://808hotshots.smugmug.com/2010-HHSAA-Cross-Country

Pics should hopefully start loading tonight. Aloha, Kevin

whoewa70
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by whoewa70 »

What a great meet today....hope all the athletes had a great time. I know I did. Spectacular end to the season in both boys and girls championships. Really glad the course held up for the races, just have one bit of advice for the next one....and I know a lot of other coaches will agree with me:

Please widen the course path for the runners next time. Should allow for runners 6 feet out from the line marking the course. With most cones on the course only about 3 feet out and spectators 3 feet out on the other side, many runners had a hard time running thru this "narrow chute". Hopefully all future meet directors, officials, and marshals will take this into consideration. Many runners felt boxed in without the ability to pass others during the race. If you don't believe me ask the runners or take a look at any videos that may come out. Other than that really no complaints at all. Great sunny weather and officials kept the meet moving along great.

I'd really like to hear other coaches opinions on how they felt the meet went. Can't wait til next year on Maui.

Congrats to all....especially to Dakota and Margarito.

P.S. To my son....I'm really proud of how you did today.

welshrarebit
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by welshrarebit »

Hats off to Dakota Grossman for winning. Props to Elli Brady for running her race, like last year, but the leader didn't falter this time.

I think the most improved award goes to Heidi Nichols! As a freshman she was 53rd; sophmore, 52nd; junior, 26th; and as a senior she worked herself to a 3rd place finish (behind two phenoms of the sport). All runners of the sport should have a picture of her on their walls to inspire them that hard work does pay off... YOU GO GIRL!!!

808HOTSHOTS
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by 808HOTSHOTS »

All pictures are up for the State Championships! Enjoy.

http://808hotshots.com/2010-HHSAA-Cross-Country

Aloha, Kevin