2010 Cross Country

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
whoewa70
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: 2010 Cross Country

Post by whoewa70 »

Sorry Bob....was referring to Big Dog's site. Yes your list does have the runners ranked based on time. Sorry again for my mistake for saying it was your opinion.

MilRunFan
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by MilRunFan »

Thank you, Scott! Wonderful post, Mr. Brady! You're always good here, Bob!

Con
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Con »

OIAcoach wrote:Con-
I hear Coach Shawn of Leilehua is organizing the Footlocker West trip for many of the Hawaii runners again. Email him (lhstandf@yahoo.com). He would like to invite all the Hawaii kids together for a pasta dinner on the friday before the race (thats if Elli decides to go again).

Good Luck to all at the races
Thanks OIAcoach! We'll try to look up Coach Shawn at the meet on Saturday. Backup-email. Elli wants to go, but we haven't discussed it with Duncan yet. Aloha, Con

trackrunner808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by trackrunner808 »

todays meet was nice, kinda sunny...jordan broke bryce jenkins course record by 10 seconds with a time around 16:19, ryan from mpi 2nd and then troy. for the girls, dakota grossman lost to mainland team gunn, and elli brady was pretty far behind (broke the course record), Shes not in good enough shape to beat dakota for now...good job to everyone!

808XC
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by 808XC »

Anyone know who won the team places?

nobody2
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by nobody2 »

I am also curious about results (team and individual) at Punahou. These were posted on the wall on Saturday, but the boys and girls varsity didn't go up until after we left. I haven't been able to find them on Hawaii Milesplit yet, anyone know if the results are posted anywhere yet? No emails have yet gone out to my circle of friends (with the results), but I'll try to put them up if I receive them. Please share if/when you see them! mahalo

MilRunFan
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by MilRunFan »

The newspaper said Kam boys and Punahou girls. The rest of the team standings were not broken out. I can't wait to see what happened.

I really enjoyed the races. On the girls' side, it was great to see all the runners finally lining up on the same course. Miss Grossman was impressive and really looked strong. Then, there was the "Chase Pack" of girls who were behind, but all running more or less together. Miss Nichols gets better every week and was followed by a girl from Iolani (can't remember the name) who also looked good. Then, it was Miss Mann and Miss Brady. They looked strong too. Unfortunately, Miss Puguliese missed the turn to the finish line and stayed on the course. I was told that she was with Miss Mann and Miss Brady on the top side of the course on the last lap, but no one I talked to knew what happened at the finish transition. It is a confusing point on the course as there were runners still entering their third lap while the leaders were finishing. I also heard an announcement that one of the other races was messed up by kids transitioning to the finish gate with one lap stll to go. I hope that Punahou will consider a redesign of the finish. Another side note: It was very nice that Punahou was willing to redo race start times to allow Seabury Hall to make the Girls' Varsity race despite some travel challenges. See--Oahu does care about you guys!

It should be interesting to see in any of the "Chase Pack" girls will be able to catch Miss Dakota. It's shaping up to be a very interesting second half of the season. To all the runners, outstanding job and good luck to all of you over the next month!

nogutsnoglory
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by nogutsnoglory »

A big thank you to Jeff Meister and Duncan Macdonald for changing the start time of the girls varsity race. You are both scholars and gentleman.

dunc1miler
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by dunc1miler »

I too have been not willing to log on to the discussions. I was on the mainland on a personal trip. Jeff Meister delayed the race. Full credit to him. I love a race and would have agreed, but I wasn't there. Thanks, and keep the posts positive. duncan macdonald.

808HOTSHOTS
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by 808HOTSHOTS »

If anybody is interested in seeing who these Athletes are that everybody is talking about, you can check out www.fotorichhawaii.com , www.timeraptor.com , I will be at a couple of the meets ( www.808hotshots.com )

whoewa70 "great runners let their feet do the talking" Awesome! you couldn't have said it any better.

Aloha, Kevin

punahou-VPD
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by punahou-VPD »

Here’s video coverage of last weekend’s Punahou Invitational Cross Country meet, put together by the students of Punahou’s Video Production Club.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPyQZHP9VVg

whoewa70
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by whoewa70 »

Great job on the video....just finished watching. Kudos to the Punahou Video Dept. on their filming. Good Luck to all this weekend, especially to those athletes competing in the OIA Eastern/Western Divisional Championships. Run Hard.

808XC
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by 808XC »

Seen Iolani Boys in Hilo tonight.
Probably see them at the Kam Inv tomorrow.

kautech
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by kautech »