Track and Field 2010

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
fasttimes
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: Track and Field 2010

Post by fasttimes »

Hzy. Didn't mean to discredit Pierce. As I mentioned Pierce is a fabulous runner and I would say he is the only one of recent memory who has a shot at running those paces because he can run a strong hard pace by himself. He's going to be great next year and I can't wait to see the times he'll run. I think they should give Pierce credit for breaking the current state record even though it was hand timed. Distance races records should not be discredited because it was not electronically timed.

train hard win easy
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by train hard win easy »

Yes I agree. What Pierce did at states was amazing. They should give him the title hands down. There are runners, and then there are "runners". He will represent Hawaii for years to come. GO PIERCE !

haparunner808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by haparunner808 »

There is no question that pierce ran an excellent race. He is a True distance runner, and deserves all the credit for his excellent double at states (Awesome), but as far as representing Hawaii, lets not forget about the unseen face at states, Margarito Martinez. We also must consider Jordan Thibodeau, one of the finest distance runners I have seen. Did you know he only started distance running his sophomore year? In two years he has hit a 4:02, a sub 2min 800, and a spot in the kamehameha 4x4 team. He's got guts and the strength to back it up. I think it will be a competition between the distance trio next year, of which Pierce and Jordan have proven themselves at the state track meet. All three of them have the potential to represent Hawaii in the future.

haparunner808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by haparunner808 »

I don't mean to discredit pierce either in my former statement, I am only mentioning the potential of Jordan and Margarito. Pierce deserves the state 1500m record, even if it is hand timed.

CCfan
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by CCfan »

GET READY FOR 2011 TRACK & FIELD!!!