Track and Field 2010

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

Re: Track and Field 2010

Post by bigislandkurt »

Yeeehhaaaaaa! I love it. Track is right around the corner.

I love track!

Ka'u's Jacob Edwards' last hurrah.

BIK
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

whoewa70
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by whoewa70 »

Samson Anguay also a UH WR recruit is running for Campbell. Campbell boys varsity look pretty solid in the sprints. Talking with other coaches I think the most fun meet for outer island athletes would be the Punahou Relays, but the Honolulu Marathon Invitational would probably be better for regular track events.

The season started today with OIA running at Mililani. Good Luck to all the athletes.

train hard win easy
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by train hard win easy »

March 5th, KIF meet #1, Pierce Murphy 1500m, 4:18.92, 3000m, 9:21.43. I'll pick Pierce as the one to catch.

RYasuoka
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by RYasuoka »

Does anyone have a link for the March 06 Track & Field results at Mililani? Thanks

kautech
High-quality H20 provider

Post by kautech »

Latest updated results .... top times lists, etc for Hawaii High School Track and Field at

http://www.kautech.com/results

Awaiting corrections for the Waianae-hosted meet 3/6 at Mililani ... most likely corrections due in the Boys 1500 ...

-bm

RYasuoka
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by RYasuoka »

Thanks KauTech...appreciate the quick turnaround

Waipi'o Lookout
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Waipi'o Lookout »

Apparently, Margarito hurt his toe (broken?). Must be the reason for the 4:28 in the 1500 at the ILH meet. Murphy, Mosch, Sato, and Thibideau all posted times under 4:24. Not bad for the first week.

todaresq
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by todaresq »

Totally excited where in full swing! Track season is finally here and to keep posted on results, tune into www.kautech.com/results most schools have been quick to post their results there. As far as photos, there has been several new sites in Oahu, BigDog out of the Big Island and Keith on Maui that's been updating their sites regularly.

Finals at states will be the same regardless of the new senseless format of 32 qualifiers. What this really boils down to is this... since the other sports had to cut back on their qualifiers, so should track. Who's logical thinking is that, must not be a track fan!!

On a side note - don't count out the boys from Maui High for the 1500m & 3000m. Nicola Perez-Garreud and Rocky Balala respectively. Key to this year's 1500m race will be patience, all these returning runners have experience and it's the one who puts on the speed at the key moment who'll win the race (look back at last year's videos). The 3000m will be about setting an early fast pace just to weed out the weak, really couldn't pick one out who could handle that...yet. Too early in the season to make predictions - injuries, transitions from other sports and the weather!! has been a major factor.

Best of luck to all competitors, train smart, race hard and we'll see you at the meets.

teeast1
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by teeast1 »

Mililani boys track and field team should be good. They have a all around track team. With returning high jumper Andrew Longboy. Should be the number one ranked high jumper in the state.Also, senior pole vaulter Eric Roth should be ranked high in the state. When Taz Stevenson gets healthy their 4X100 relay team will be the team to beat. Staying healthy will be the key for Mililani this year. Alot of young guys but really works hard in practice .

kahaluuboii808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by kahaluuboii808 »

this year is going to be a good one. as an athlete for st louis last year i can say that they lost all of their guys. punahou has too. but every year punahou seems to pull guys out of no where and surprise everyone. they look good again this year. also look out for damien. with padron running the 100, 200, possibly the 400, as well as both relays probably. everyones going to overlook them but they may just come out of no where like st louis did and take it. on the OIA side, mililani, radford and leilehua always seem to have somewhat of a strong team so its going to be a good season. cant wait to read the results!!

STLjumper-TM

kahaluuboii808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by kahaluuboii808 »

800runner wrote:run- Can you please elaborate? Not to demean the quality of Kamehameha's squad, but looking at results from last year's state meet, it looks like they return a strong distance contingent, a few jumpers/throwers, but really no sprinters? Correct me if I missed something. While no other team really stands out (Punahou and Saint Louis graduated most of their scorers), I have a feeling the boys side will be very close again.

kautech-Thank you for correcting me. I had forgotten that relays only count for shares of points when calculating total points. Also, I did not intend to exclude the other athletes from their noteworthy accomplishments, just we were already talking about Saint Louis and Trevor Mau.

Any opinions on who the individual favorites are? There are quite a few returning champs and runner-ups. However, last year is last year and time can change things.
you know whats funny though. yeah st louis graduated all of their scorers. but with punahou. every year they graduate a whole bunch of scorers, and everyone thinks that they wont be as good the next year. they will be pretty good during the season, but as soon as it comes time for the state meet they always show up. ive seen it the past four years. i always wonder how. but they do have very good coaches there as well as athletes

teeast1
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by teeast1 »

Yeah that is true Punahou always seemed to peak at the end of the season. I wish the relays count as 20 pts instead of 10 pts. That's how the relays are scored in Texas. Any reason why they are scored just 10 pts. This weekend it's the Velasco invite friday. The Yamamoto invite Saturday both are at Mililani high School. This year will be an exciting for track and field. If anybody that loves to follow track and field on the mainland, you can go to www.flotrack.com. That website has all the video coverage of every major track and field meet. And of course Dyestat.com.

808HOTSHOTS
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by 808HOTSHOTS »

Howzit surfdoc808, Pictures of most of the meets will be posted at www.808hotshots.com , www.fotorichhawaii.com , and www.timeraptor.com . We will be at most of the ILH meets, because our kids compete. I will hopefully be at some OIA meets, they need the love. Fotorichhawaii (Rich Wagner) has helped out Al for about 3 years. Me 808hotshots helped out Al in the summer, U.S. track and the 2009 Aloha State games. The results are soon to be posted at www.usatfhi.org , ( Al's site was www.usatf-hi.org). Hope this helps. Aloha.

kautech

Post by kautech »

Actually, http://www.usatf-hi.org was the home of the USA Track and Field Hawaii Association. Al Linsky's site was http://www.coach-photos.com. USATF Hawaii Association is moving to http://www.usatf.org ... that site should be "ready" for photos next week ... Thanks -bm

whoewa70
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by whoewa70 »

In the OIA I agree Mililani is one of the teams to beat....for the girls side they are the team. As for the boys side...one of the teams. Longboy is a great jumper and the defending HJ champ, but Mike Sellers from Campbell is looking really good. Campbell's boys 4x100 relay will be one of teams to beat also. It will be close in the west between Campbell, Mililani, and Leilehua. It all comes down to the exchanges. Margartio Martinez will dominate the distance events in my opinion. He always rises to the competition. So many teams in the OIA to say anything definitive though. I would rather handicap the ILH...LOL.

Just one thing irks me this season in the OIA, and that is there are too few meets for the kids to qualify. First meet of the season cancelled, 2nd meet on, Relay meets (no quals), bye week, 3rd meet, then divisionals. How do they expect these kids to qualify by not providing opportunities for the JV runners?? Anyone else feel let down for the JV track season???