All Poly Football Camp Coming to O’ahu (Updated 6/23)

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NFL: San Diego Chargers

All Poly Football Camp Coming to O’ahu (Updated 6/23)

Post by Scott »

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 5, 2009
All Poly Football Camp Coming to O’ahu for the First Time
Summer 2009

2009 Hawaii All Poly Football Camp, June 29 – July 1 at Kapiolani Park, Pavillion Site

All Poly Sports and the Polynesian Coaches Association (PCA) have teamed up with HHSAA, "VILI THE WARRIOR. INC/ PROJECT HOPE", the NFL, Hawaii Speed and Quickness, Jimmy Higgins and others, to bring to Hawaii for the first time the highly acclaimed All Poly Football Camp for the Summer of 2009.

The All Poly Camp was started in 2001 by Alema Te’o, and has been run successfully every summer in Bountiful, Utah.

“All Poly” was so named because the College Coaches and NFL players who ran the camp who were of Polynesian ancestry, including Haloti Ngata, Duce Lutui, and Ed Mulitalo to name a few. Today the All Poly Camp is recognized as one of the elite contact football camps in the United States. For All Poly Camp Hawaii 2009, players can expect to work with many top NFL players, including UH standouts and current NFL players Colt Brennan, Davonne Bess, Chad Owens, Vince Manuwai and Samson Satele. Other NFL players for 2009 Camp includes Mario Fatafehi, Alfred Pupunu, Marvin Philip, and Joe Wong.

To highlight this year’s 1st Hawaii Annual All Poly Camp, a Keiki Camp (ages 5-12), and a Warrior Camp (ages 13-15) will be an exciting addition. The PCA will provide approximately 40-50 division I, division ll, JC and NAIA college coaches and NFL players to instruct anywhere between 650-1000 of the best football players in the state of Hawaii. In 2008, more than 50 Seniors who attended the All Poly camp in Utah signed with colleges throughout the country. More than 40 signed with Division I programs, and at least 20 of those were from the State of Hawaii. Some players that attended this camp last year, were selected to play in the 2009 "Hawaiian All-Star Classic."

For 2009 All Poly Camp Hawaii, players will receive instruction from top coaches of notable programs around the country including University of Hawaii’s Coach Greg McMackin, Rich Miano and the entire UH Warriors Coaching Staff, Dan Hawkins (Colorado), Norm Chow (UCLA), Mike Sanford (UNLV), Jim Harbaugh (Stanford), Kyle Wittingham (Utah), Mike Leach (Texas Tech). ESPNU’s David Gleasen will be organizing live recording and reporting feed.

All-Poly is a full-contact camp. Players receive meals, a camp T-shirt, exposure to college coaches and the opportunity to compete against some of the best football players in the state and in the country.
The All Poly Camp focuses on our youth and seeks to promote healthy lifestyles. The All Poly Camp is not only focused on football, but a big emphasis is placed on academics. All student athletes will be required to attend workshops. The workshops cover life skills, ACT prep, NCAA Clearing House, and team building exercises. Parents are encouraged to participate along with the Student Athlete.

For more information on the All Poly Camp in Hawaii, and to register click http://aps.allpolysports.info/
For information on the All Poly Camp in Utah click http://www.allpolysports.com/
For registration, interviews, and sponsorship information, contact Linda Fehoko at 808-342-0143 or email Linda at linda@vilithewarrior.org
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Mahalo,
Scott
http://www.sportshawaii.com
"Hawaii's Fan Based Sports Page"

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

KEIKI FOOTBALL CLINIC and WARRIOR CAMP (Ages 5 to 12)

Post by Scott »

KEIKI FOOTBALL CLINIC and
WARRIOR CAMP (Ages 5 to 12)
June 29th 8am to 12 pm at Kapiolani Park
Cost: $15 and $25
(Space Limited --- Register ASAP!!!)

Featuring:
Past & Present NFL Players
Collegiate Players &Coaches, High School Players & Coaches
Coaching & Mentoring our Keikis

4 hours of top Notch Football
Training, Learning and Fun!

Session I: Speed and Agility Training
• Learn the Basic Movements needed on every level of football and Interactive Physical Activities

Session II: Mini Keiki Warrior Combine
• Participate in a fun NFL Style Keiki Combine with strength and agility testing

Session III: Football Fundamentals
• High Quality drills and Football Skill Development

Session IV: All Poly Football Challenge
• Participate in Age appropriate Team Oriented fun Football games

DISTINGUISHED GUEST SPEAKERS:
COLT BRENNEN, Ma’a Tanuvasa, Devone Bess

Mahalo,
Scott

huntsman
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: All Poly Football Camp Coming to O’ahu (Updated 5/5)

Post by huntsman »

where will they be holding the life skills and NCAA Clearing house and education for the parents and atheletes

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: All Poly Football Camp Coming to O’ahu (Updated 5/5)

Post by Scott »

ALL POLY SPORTS PRESS RELEASE:
June 9, 2009
RIVALS.COM and SCOUT.com TO ATTEND ELITE CAMP

In a highly unlikely event, and for the first time in Hawaii, rivals.com and scout.com will make its debut together at the 1st All Poly Sports Inaugural Camp. History itself shows that these national recruiting services have been competitors for many years anticipating that one is better that another. However, that will not be the case at the Hawaii All Poly Camp. The Elite camp is scheduled be held on Oahu later this month.

In a growing demand for coverage of high school sports and recruiting news, rivals.com and scout.com are the two dominant Web sites that provide the latest information on upcoming recruits, videos and message boards. Both will offer each All Poly football participant a recruiting database, up-to-the minute interviews, a display of highlight reels and will not cost the athlete anything.

“While rivals.com claims more than 150,000 subscribers; Scout.com says its subscriber base stands at more than 200,000”. Average users on these sites include colleges, coaches, fans and the athlete themselves.
“It is our utmost obligation to give as many Hawaii High school athletes an abundance of exposure that we can give them”, say camp organizers. All camp participants are asked to bring either two games or season highlight films for the national networks.

Rivals.com is the ''stickiest'' sports Web site around, meaning its visitors stay there the longest. The average user of Rivals.com in December 2005 spent 1 hour, 10 minutes, 34 seconds, according to Nielsen/ Net Ratings. Rivals.com attracted 1.7 million unique users of free content last month, rating it the one of the most popular sports Web site.

Scout.com is an integrated sports publishing company consisting of two separate divisions that work closely together to deliver a unique and highly integrated Internet and print product offering. Scout directly provides more than 2.1 million people with content, while translating 1,100 pieces of content daily, making Scout as the most read independent sports publisher in the country.

“The opportunity for recruiting here is exciting”, that according to a camp spokesperson. “This establishes a protocol that will embark in the forthcoming years for high school athletics. What this does is broaden the avenues of exposure for other high school sports in Hawaii. This is very positive!”

For camp information, coaching inquiry, questions and concerns, email: admin@vilithewarrior.org

Mahalo,
Scott

Alek Sandweek
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: All Poly Football Camp Coming to O’ahu (Updated 6/11)

Post by Alek Sandweek »

Hello, Scott! Could you please provide me with information about camping dates in the summer, if there are some. Thanks!

if you are interested in Hawaiian shirts

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Alek Sandweek wrote:Hello, Scott! Could you please provide me with information about camping dates in the summer, if there are some. Thanks!

if you are interested in Hawaiian shirts
We usually sticky all the upcoming camps that send us information at the top of the highschool forum. If they are no longer posted it is either full or has ended. welcome to the Sports Hawaii Ohana!

Mahalo,
Scott

9NAJORT4
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by 9NAJORT4 »

June 18, 2009
Excitement Building For All Poly Camp

Posted on Premium Sports
By Aaron Dickens

In less than two weeks, dozens of Division I coaches from programs all across the United States will be making their way to Hawaii. These men are not traveling to the Aloha State for a group vacation, or a posh conference, but to scout arguably the largest collection of undiscovered talent in the country at the inaugural All Poly Camp-Hawaii.

Sam Fehoko, a past All Poly Camp participant, plays linebacker for Texas Tech.
"Hawaii produces, per capita, one of the highest numbers of players in the [NFL]," said Linda Fehoko, the Liaison for Hawaii All Poly Sports. "I think there's more that we can produce. These kids eat, sleep, breathe and eat football."

The All Poly Camp was founded in 2001 by Alema Te'o and has been held in Bountiful, Utah every summer since. It was named "All Poly" because the first college coaches and NFL players to work as instructors were of Polynesian ancestry. Over the last eight years, Te'o's camp, which is open to players of all ethnicities, has become one of the premier full-contact camps out there, attracting top-level talent and instructors - like Utah's Kyle Whittingham and Boise State's Chris Petersen - from across the country. More than 50 seniors who attended last year's camp signed with colleges this February.

In 2006, after Honolulu (HI) Farrington standout Sam Fehoko turned in a dominating performance in Bountiful, the idea of holding an All Poly Camp in Hawaii was first broached.

"When Sam went there, and really went crazy and turned heads, that's when the camp founder and several college coaches said, 'We need to explore Hawaii,'" explained Fehoko, who has three sons - Sam, Whitley, and V.J. - that have signed or will sign with a Division I program. "We are very blessed as a family to be able to go out to the Mainland USA and attend these camps, whereas hundreds of other kids in Hawaii couldn't afford it. That was the reason that we decided to bring the camp into Hawaii."

Over the next three years, Te'o, HHSAA Executive Director Keith Amemiya, the Fehoko family and others worked closely to make this dream a reality.

"Hawaii is a gold mine," said Fehoko. "You've got hundreds of the same brand of Sam Fehokos or Whitley Fehokos or V.J. Fehokos that need to get exposed. I think that is our mission and objective, as our family is involved, to bring it here to Hawaii so that other kids are given the same benefits, opportunities and exposure as our kids have been given."

And the prospects attending the inaugural Hawaiian camp will be getting all of the exposure, if not more, that their counterparts in Bountiful receive. Representatives of the major recruiting services, including Rivals.com, will be in attendance, as well as dozens of well-known Division I college coaches.

"The list increases daily," said Fehoko of the number of coaches who will work the camp as instructors. "We've got the head coach of UCLA (Rick Neuheisel), who has committed to come in with Norm Chow. We've got a variety of head coaches from around the conferences - from Dan Hawkins at Colorado, to [Texas] A&M coming in for these camps."

What sets All Poly Camps apart from other independent camps and combines, is its focus on educating campers on the NCAA Clearinghouse and helping them prepare for the ACT.

"We've gone out to actually work with a group of educators to basically bring a workshop to them during the camp," explained Fehoko. "So for about four to five hours, they will be in workshops for the NCAA Clearinghouse, ACT and SAT prep.

"We have the talent in Hawaii but a lot of the times our kids find out too late to qualify. We're trying to educate the kids, as well as their parents. So the kids that attend the camp will need to bring their parents along."

Having already received an almost overwhelming amount of interest in the 2009 Hawaiian All Poly Camp, plans are already in place to make it a recurring event on the Islands.

"This is going to be the camp for the future in Hawaii," said Fehoko. "We're working really hard to keep it here. It's the buzz on the island, and has been the buzz for the last few months in the press and everything."

Even though more than 400 high school sophomores, juniors and seniors are expected to attend the Elite camp, Fehoko indicated that prospects will still be able to register on the first day of camp.

"Our goal is to not turn a kid away," she said. "We are not going to cap the camp. We are going to actually leave it open. To turn a kid away, with this kind of exposure and resources that we're bringing in, would be an injustice to any kid in Hawaii."

The All Poly Camp-Hawaii will be held on June 29 - July 1 in Honolulu's Kapiolani Park. Prospects interested in registering can do so at the camp's official website.
I think of u, I think of me, I think of us
Idon'tcarei'mjustgladtohaveyou

"GO WARRIORS"

WhatdaHell
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by WhatdaHell »

CUZZIN I JUST WANTED TO KNOW WHO IS AARON DICKENS IS AND WHAT IS PREMIUM SPORTS? IS HE THE SAME GUY THAT WORKS FOR SPORTING NEWZ? IS HE GONNA BE AT THE ALL POLY CAMP?

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: All Poly Football Camp Coming to O’ahu (Updated 6/23)

Post by Scott »

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: June 12, 2009
Famed Names, Sport Gurus On Island for 1st All Poly Camp
The sports leader, ESPN.com, who drew 15.4 million viewers to its football recruiting scene, will be on Oahu for the first time as a partner in 1st Inaugural All Poly Camp. David Geaslen, former owner of the ESPN.com network will attend the three day camp, alongside a team that includes Tom Luginbill, National Recruiting Director for ESPN.com, Craig Haubert, William Tucker, Bill Conley and Paul Pawlak. The team will be present to evaluate participants of the Elite Camp that is already scheduled to be on Oahu later this month. ESPN.com’s renowned national capacity is highlighted frequently on ESPN’s comprehensive coverage of high school sports.

The ESPN.com Team:
Tom Luginbill: Luginbill oversees a recruiting evaluation team with more than 122 combined years of coaching experience. The team boasts former successful head coaches at the professional and collegiate level and the experience of former professional directors of player personnel. Recruiting Personnel Tom Luginbill has been working for Scouts Inc. for the last three years as a pro personnel evaluator for the NFL, NFL Europe, the Canadian Football League and the Arena Football League. Now as national director of recruiting, he will provide in-depth recruiting analysis for the top collegiate football prospects. Luginbill coached in NFL Europe, the XFL and the AFL. He served as a head coach twice, with the Tennessee Valley Vipers of arenafootball2 (2000) and the Detroit Fury (2004). Luginbill's teams appeared in two championship games and won one (Los Angeles Xtreme of the XFL). Luginbill also has been directly responsible or involved in player personnel for the last seven years. He gained extensive experience in scouting and player personnel while coaching, and he helped build three expansion football franchises from the ground up. Prior to joining the professional coaching ranks, Luginbill was a four-year starter at quarterback for three college programs: Palomar College (1992-93), Georgia Tech (1994) and Eastern Kentucky (1995).

Craig Haubert:
Also on the team is recruiting coordinator Craig Haubert, who has more than a decade of coaching experience. Haubert was an assistant at the University of Nebraska-Omaha and also served as the FB/LB coach and director of football operations for the Detroit Fury of the Arena Football League.

Billy Tucker: Billy Tucker is a recruiting coordinator for Scouts Inc. and has close to a decade of coaching experience at the college and high school level. Tucker has served as a recruiting coordinator for two nationally ranked Division II colleges. Most recently, he was the associate head coach and defensive coordinator for Merrimack College, which advanced to the Sweet 16 in the 2006 NCAA Division II playoffs.

Bill Conley: Bill Conley is a recruiting coordinator for Scouts Inc. who worked at Ohio State for 17 years as an assistant coach and recruiting coordinator. Since retiring from Ohio State in 2004, Conley has worked as a contributor and analyst for Columbus-area print and broadcast media and as a professional speaker. He also published a book recounting his years as Buckeye recruiting coordinator, "Buckeye Bumper Crops."

Paul Pawlak:
Paul Pawlak is a recruiting coordinator for Scouts Inc., who spent eight years as a personnel scout with the New England Patriots, including winning a Super Bowl ring for the 2001 season. He's been a college head coach -- 10 years at Northeastern University and four years at Tufts University. He also has 14 years experience as a college assistant coach.

ESPN.com offers comprehensive coverage of all sports, Fantasy games, exclusive video, PodCasts, expert analysis, highlights and more.

Mahalo,
Scott

Small~Axe
Play Maker
Play Maker

Re: All Poly Football Camp Coming to O’ahu (Updated 6/23)

Post by Small~Axe »

barguarate wrote:How can I start my football coaching career in the United States? I am from MEXICO, and I have always been involved in playing and coaching American Football. I have studied a Masters in Sports Science (Coaching Football) and would like to start my coaching career in the United States, but I do not know anyone in the football environment who can help me get a foot in the door. I have written to many schools and organizations, but I don't get the chance because no one knows me and how I work. How can I start my career with all of these difficulties?
One Word: VOLUNTEER
As the Rastaman says, "It's betta to be seen, not to be heard"
If you are the big tree,
We are the small axe,
Ready to cut you down,
Sharpened to cut you down - Bob