Waipahu Baseball has a FEMALE player STARTING

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
isleboy
Pine rider
Pine rider

Waipahu Baseball has a FEMALE player STARTING

Post by isleboy »

Went to Miliani yesterday to watch Trojans vs Waipahu....Was I Surprised...
Waipahu has a young lady playing right field. 1st inning a fly ball was hit to her....she had no clue where it was....almost got hit on the head....She later made two fly ball catches...later booted a overthorw behind 1st base that resulted in another run....At bat...she had NO CLUE how to hit ....swung late...and was overmatched....never touched the ball.....later in game Waipahu put a second female player in game at third base....first ball hit to her resulted in bad throw.....Whats going on at Waipahu...not enuff male players!!
BTW Waipahu lost 10-0...Got NO HIT....Mililani looked good but consider the opposition....Gees remember the days when Waipahu had good teams....
Jerome Williams...Where are you???......

Sickbastard
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Sickbastard »

She probably plays WAY better than that scrub 2nd baseman that Waipahu had from 91-93. Guess all the Waipahu kids went to the chicken fight on the day of tryouts instead of the ballfield?
"Stop overpopulation... Shoot a stupid person today!"

warriorfan808

Post by warriorfan808 »

reminded me of the time they had a girl play football for Waipahu. I remember her being on the line. I don't know if she was any good, but she was big. I think she was Japanese.

FIVE-O
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench
MLB: Oakland Athletics
NBA: Seattle Supersonics 4life
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by FIVE-O »

I give them credit for playing with the big boyz and don't surprized if waipahu has a player of the year in softball and signs a letter of intent at a D1 school. hmmmmm \:D/
"YOUR HAMMA MIGHT BE BIG BUT MY SLEDGE HAMMA IZ BIGGAH!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AepyGm9M ... re=related

couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by couz808 »

Didnt long ago in the 90's when the UH baseball team was playing against a team from Japan and there was a female pitcher on that team. She was haole by the way.

COACH BEE
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by COACH BEE »

Does this mean guys can try out for softball? Wouldn't the Title 9 (or 10) whatever that thing is, allow this?
KAHUKU RED RAIDERS
2005-06 STATE FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS!!!

PUNAHOU BUFFANBLU
2008 STATE FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS!!!

Sickbastard
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Sickbastard »

Back in '94, there was controversy at Waipahu again as a girl tried out for the varsity baseball team. Supporters of her complained that she was cut just because she was a girl. It was big news right before the season. But the news footage of her contradicted her statements; She was just plain BRUTAL. Honestly as a past ballplayer, I didn't care if my teammate was a girl, crossdresser, homosexual, circus midget, or transsexual ladyboy. If you could play, you could play. I'd GLADLY have the aforementioned on my team, over some dude who "looked like Tarzan, but played like Jane. Thank god that whole fiasco blew over quickly (probably due to OIA baseball getting ZERO media love during the early-mid 90's).

So Isleboy, if that chick was as BRUTAL as you say she was, then I don't know what the hell Milton Takenaka (Waipahu baseball coach) was thinking in keeping her. Maybe the Marauders just needed extra bodies in fielding a team?

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO WAIPAHU BASEBALL?
"Stop overpopulation... Shoot a stupid person today!"

browndog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by browndog »

Hey, maybe Eric Kadooka at 3x defending state champions, Punahou, will allow some wahines to join his team too!

DaGreat1
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by DaGreat1 »

Iolani this year has a female 9th grader playing on Intermediate Black! She's pretty good and can hold her own as an outfielder. Not sure if she can play at the JV/Vars level as size/strength begins to be a major factor.

Punahou had girl tryout for the Intermediate level last year, however, she didn't last long and was cut.

KapoleiWarrior
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by KapoleiWarrior »

Nanakuli had two wahine in their starting line up all year. Pretty good softball players who came over to help fill out the team. Even with that they usually only dressed 10 players.