Way too early top ten

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Way too early top ten

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

genks wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:12 pm
unpaid wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:10 pm We will get a chance to see what he does at that DC high school he's at for 2018-2019 school year!
DO you happen to know what the qb situation is like there? I wonder if the battle for the starting job will be tough, or do they have a strong qb already, or is Soljay expected to be able to start?
@genks:
Another question is: Is that DC school pass-oriented?

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

genks,

Soljay should have every chance to win the starting job. Last year's starter,Kevin Doyle graduated. He was the DC Gatorade POY for 2017. Signed with Arizona. St.Johns has a preseason 2018 roster out on one of the hs football sites and there is only one other QB listed who is either going to be a junior or senior this fall. St.Johns won the Washington DC Catholic league title last year and played five schools who were considered to be among the top 100football schools in 2017. IMG Academy and Hoover, Alabama and one Miami school I can't recall were probably the highest nationally ranked schools on their 2017 schedule.They will apparently take on anybody no matter how tough.

The Narbonne running back you are thinking of is Jermar Jefferson. He was a senior last fall. He will not bother you this fall.....although someone else might step up to cause headaches.
Last edited by unpaid on Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:43 pm
genks wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:12 pm
unpaid wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:10 pm We will get a chance to see what he does at that DC high school he's at for 2018-2019 school year!
DO you happen to know what the qb situation is like there? I wonder if the battle for the starting job will be tough, or do they have a strong qb already, or is Soljay expected to be able to start?
@genks:
Another question is: Is that DC school pass-oriented?
I don’t know anything about that school. Very curious tho.

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:22 pm
Markeke wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:12 pm
HS Football Fanatic wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:08 pm [quote=unpaid post_id=589159 time=1529239771
@unpaid: Something tells me senior leadership might not matter; not when Narbonne has juniors and sophomores being recruited. I'd imagine that if St Louis hopes to win that game, it might come down to St Louis' defensive front-seven and O-line. It goes without saying, of course, that QB De Laura also has to be as good as advertised so far on this message-board.
@Markeke: Come to think of it, I now prefer that Narbonne win. That may sound uncool, for a Hawaii guy to root for a non-Hawaii school. But, I don't want St Louis to win that game, and then have momentum against whichever Oahu school is next, unless that Oahu school is Mililani. When does St Louis play Narbonne? Is it right before they play Waianae? I'm rooting for Waianae over St Louis. Did St Louis choose to open against Waianae? How can schools choose who they start against? Also, you've revealed one of St Louis' weaknesses: Their secondary. Might that cause them problems against Mililani, which may very well be as pass-oriented as St Louis?
HS football fanatic. St.L.opens against Waianae then plays Narbonne the following week. Offensively for St.Louis it's time to throw in real game time. Defensively the Saints will not be challenged in the secondary. Problem is the following week, Narbonne will throw big time. Oh and Waianae will fall to St.Louis.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

unpaid wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:04 pm genks,

Soljay should have every chance to win the starting job. Last year's starter,Kevin Doyle graduated. He was the DC Gatorade POY for 2017. Signed with Arizona. St.Johns has a preseason 2018 roster out on one of the hs football sites and there is only one other QB listed who is either going to be a junior or senior this fall. St.Johns won the Washington DC Catholic league title last year and played five schools who were considered to be among the top 100football schools in 2017. IMG Academy and Hoover, Alabama and one Miami school I can't recall were probably the highest nationally ranked schools on their 2017 schedule.They will apparently take on anybody no matter how tough.

The Narbonne running back you are thinking of is Jermar Jefferson. He was a senior last fall. He will not bother you this fall.....although someone else might step up to cause headaches.
Very interesting, thanks for the info. Would be interesting if Soljay starts and they play Thompson which is where Taulia is. 2 Hawaii QBs starting against each other on the east coast

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

genks wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 2:38 pm
HS Football Fanatic wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 7:26 am
genks wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:03 am

His resume at this point is incredible.

After one of the scrimmages, I saw Chevan running a scramble drill where he gets the snap, scrambles through a bunch of tightly arranged cones, then quickly fires off a 10-15 yard pass. Over and over and over. Passas watched carefully and coached

Things like this pay off so big during games
@genks: You'd think that other schools' QB coaches would rip-off Passas' coaching strategies/techniques.
I bet most coaches do use drills or teaching techniques that they see and they think would be useful. The players also probably believe in Passas and buy into his program 100%. I’m sure that makes a difference.

Trent Dilfer sounded like he was trying to take credit for Tua after that national championship game, saying they coached him up at the Elite 11 and taught him that last play.

Never mind he trained with Passas and his dad for YEARS lol
That's why Tua and St Louis had that small kine one-day dramas before his senior year. He had just come back from the elite 11 stuff and they wanted to do things the way trent dilfer taught him instead of what the Lees wanted

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Markeke wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:57 pm
HS Football Fanatic wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:22 pm
Markeke wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:12 pm

@unpaid: Something tells me senior leadership might not matter; not when Narbonne has juniors and sophomores being recruited. I'd imagine that if St Louis hopes to win that game, it might come down to St Louis' defensive front-seven and O-line. It goes without saying, of course, that QB De Laura also has to be as good as advertised so far on this message-board.
@Markeke: Come to think of it, I now prefer that Narbonne win. That may sound uncool, for a Hawaii guy to root for a non-Hawaii school. But, I don't want St Louis to win that game, and then have momentum against whichever Oahu school is next, unless that Oahu school is Mililani. When does St Louis play Narbonne? Is it right before they play Waianae? I'm rooting for Waianae over St Louis. Did St Louis choose to open against Waianae? How can schools choose who they start against? Also, you've revealed one of St Louis' weaknesses: Their secondary. Might that cause them problems against Mililani, which may very well be as pass-oriented as St Louis?
HS football fanatic. St.L.opens against Waianae then plays Narbonne the following week. Offensively for St.Louis it's time to throw in real game time. Defensively the Saints will not be challenged in the secondary. Problem is the following week, Narbonne will throw big time. Oh and Waianae will fall to St.Louis.
@Markeke: Agree that Waianae has no credible pass game, and that they'll lose to St Louis.

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by rrforlifebaby »

Counting down the days. Less than a month to go before Big Red takes on Konawaena. Anyone have any updates on Konawaena? I know they lost a bunch from last year.

RRFL!!!

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

rrforlifebaby wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:11 pm Counting down the days. Less than a month to go before Big Red takes on Konawaena. Anyone have any updates on Konawaena? I know they lost a bunch from last year.

RRFL!!!
@rrforlifebaby: Well, let's be frank. Doesn't matter what Konawaena has; they're not going to beat Kahuku.

teamhawaii
High-quality H20 provider
NBA: L.A. Lakers

Post by teamhawaii »

Kahuku is looking good this year. Sad to see some boys leave to other schools but this year's team has so much depth plus some new additions. Looked good at the Campbell tournament this past weekend

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

teamhawaii wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:25 pm Kahuku is looking good this year. Sad to see some boys leave to other schools but this year's team has so much depth plus some new additions. Looked good at the Campbell tournament this past weekend
@teamhawaii: Thanks for the good news. I'm hoping that Kahuku wins it all this year. Go Red Raiders.

teamhawaii
NBA: L.A. Lakers

Post by teamhawaii »

Defense should be stout again. Some boys left to West Jordan (UT), Jordan (UT), Orem (UT) but should still be pretty good. JV Boys Singh '21 & Ah You '21 should compliment Tupuola and Fiatoa quite nicely. Talanoa played on Varsity as Freshman & last year looking good and Ace Kaufusi getting some buzz throughout the camps but with Nalu Emerson, Miki Ah You & Aaron Fonoimoana he should get some rotation. Than with Nohi Kaniho, Mana Fonoimoana in the secondary.

Offense should go back to more traditional. Alapa should be good and Sauvao JV QB has a good arm. Kamehameha transfer Kamuela Miller is a big boy, interesting to see him. They got him listed as TE, should be a strong position considering they have Ethan Erickson (BYU Commit) and Lokana Enos.

Thinking about the Kamehameha and those transferred back home in the recent years Salanoa Wily, Alohi Gilman, Kekaula Kaniho, Micah Mariteragi were ballers. Now they got Micah Soliai & Kamuela Miller.

But watching Campbell in 7v7, there offense is going to be fun to watch. The Mokiao-Atimala Brothers and Poki Adkins-Kupukaa are something else, dangerous combo. Can't wait for the season.

Dog 96707

Post by Dog 96707 »

Yes! Less than a month away! I got to watch kahuku at the Campbell 7on7 also. They should be the top squad going into the season, I still have them as my pre season #1. They have too much talent, even with the qb leaving and having a new HC. They'll be better than last years team. I like how Campbell looked also.....they gonna be tough to beat too. Pre season 1. Kahuku 2. Punahou 3. St. Louis 4. Mililani 5. Campbell/Kamehameha

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

teamhawaii wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:05 pm Defense should be stout again. Some boys left to West Jordan (UT), Jordan (UT), Orem (UT) but should still be pretty good. JV Boys Singh '21 & Ah You '21 should compliment Tupuola and Fiatoa quite nicely. Talanoa played on Varsity as Freshman & last year looking good and Ace Kaufusi getting some buzz throughout the camps but with Nalu Emerson, Miki Ah You & Aaron Fonoimoana he should get some rotation. Than with Nohi Kaniho, Mana Fonoimoana in the secondary.

Offense should go back to more traditional. Alapa should be good and Sauvao JV QB has a good arm. Kamehameha transfer Kamuela Miller is a big boy, interesting to see him. They got him listed as TE, should be a strong position considering they have Ethan Erickson (BYU Commit) and Lokana Enos.

Thinking about the Kamehameha and those transferred back home in the recent years Salanoa Wily, Alohi Gilman, Kekaula Kaniho, Micah Mariteragi were ballers. Now they got Micah Soliai & Kamuela Miller.

But watching Campbell in 7v7, there offense is going to be fun to watch. The Mokiao-Atimala Brothers and Poki Adkins-Kupukaa are something else, dangerous combo. Can't wait for the season.
@teamhawaii: Well, I can live with Campbell; I'm pretty neutral towards them. But, I prefer Kahuku to them. Seeing as D has been a hallmark of Kahuku for almost a decade, will be interesting to sell how they deal with Campbell's O. But then, how will Campbell's D deal with Kahuku's O?

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

teamhawaii wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:05 pm Defense should be stout again. Some boys left to West Jordan (UT), Jordan (UT), Orem (UT) but should still be pretty good. JV Boys Singh '21 & Ah You '21 should compliment Tupuola and Fiatoa quite nicely. Talanoa played on Varsity as Freshman & last year looking good and Ace Kaufusi getting some buzz throughout the camps but with Nalu Emerson, Miki Ah You & Aaron Fonoimoana he should get some rotation. Than with Nohi Kaniho, Mana Fonoimoana in the secondary.

I thought Byrce Beatty, at 6'3" 295 lbs.was a presence in the middle defense. Is he still at Kahuku? I know Uncle Coach Johnson is at Campbell. Also is Wes Maiava still at Kahuku? He was a promising rb last season.