unpaid D-I football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: unpaid D-I football

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

unpaid wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:35 pm Headliners this week,

No.1 St.Louis and No.7 Kamehameha,

St.Louis still can't get it going on the ground even tough they are deadly through the air. SinceThomas Yam has returned from his injury.he has moved Kamehameha through the air to go along with a decent ground game.Going with the Warriors in an upset.

No.2 Mililani and No.4 Waianae,

This should be a close game.Waianae is the best defense the Trojans have faced so far. However,Mililani can beat you through the air and on the ground,especially with a healthy Malepeai. Mililani can play good defense too. Going with Mililani for the win.

No.3 Kahuku and No.5 Campbell,

The first time these teams played earlier in the year Kahuku dominated. Now, Kahuku is slowly adding a good passing attack to keep defenses guessing. So, if you can't beat the Red Raiders when they mostly ran the football, how are you going to stop them when they can pass as well. Kahuku to win.
@unpaid: You're picking Kamehameha over St Louis? OK, I'd like to see it happen, but do you really think Kamehameha's D can contain St Louis' pass game enough to give Kamehameha's O a chance to win the game? Again, I'd like to believe you, but could you perhaps provide more details as to why you think Kamehameha has a chance? I mean, that would be the upset of the year, no doubt. Like, I think it would be more amazing than Syracuse's upset of Clemson in college football.

kauwildman
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by kauwildman »

Expecting Kamehameha to upset St. Louis is like hoping for lightening on a clear day.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

kauwildman wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:32 am Expecting Kamehameha to upset St. Louis is like hoping for lightening on a clear day.
@kauwildman: Yeah, that's how I see it. I think Kamehameha's season ends tomorrow night. St Louis' pass game is simply too much, and their D is tough, too. St Louis is tough on both sides of the ball. Well, Kamehameha is, too, but St Louis more so.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

Sam Freeney from Waianae, DB jeez this kid. Play by play says he’s ejected for targeting, he did the EXACT same thing and got ejected against STL in the state tournament last year. Dirty

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

As good as Kamehameha is playing, I doubt St. Louis can lose to them if they play with a purpose. They’ve got 2 chances to beat them but would rather do it ASAP.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

Wow Mililani shredded Waianae. What a difference from last year. From competitive with Iolani, to rolling up Waianae. I hope we can see them against our Crusaders. That would be a great game

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

genks wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:36 pm Sam Freeney from Waianae, DB jeez this kid. Play by play says he’s ejected for targeting, he did the EXACT same thing and got ejected against STL in the state tournament last year. Dirty
That's football. Rules have changed to discipline players for that, but that's not a dirty hit

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

Mililani faced what was their toughest defense so far (either Kapolei or Waianae) and STILL wipes them out. Color me impressed. I’m excited for this OIA final. That OL looked very tough. Gabriel needs to be careful because Kahuku’s secondary is very good. I’m not so sure about Kahuku winning now. In my head, Mililani facing the Kahuku defense is as much of a question as Kahuku facing a real offense. Mililanis defense is very capable as well. This is the first OIA final I’ve been excited for in the last 3 years

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

genks wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:26 pm Wow Mililani shredded Waianae. What a difference from last year. From competitive with Iolani, to rolling up Waianae. I hope we can see them against our Crusaders. That would be a great game
@genks: I think the difference is St Louis' pass game. I don't think Mililani has faced anything like it. Should the two teams meet, I'd go with St Louis by 10 to 14.

bandits1
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by bandits1 »

@HS Football Fanatic: I think the difference is Mililani's pass game. I don't think St. Louis has faced anything like it. Should the two teams meet, I'd go with Mililani by 10 to 14.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:24 pm
genks wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:26 pm Wow Mililani shredded Waianae. What a difference from last year. From competitive with Iolani, to rolling up Waianae. I hope we can see them against our Crusaders. That would be a great game
@genks: I think the difference is St Louis' pass game. I don't think Mililani has faced anything like it. Should the two teams meet, I'd go with St Louis by 10 to 14.
Well I can stop with the “if STL makes it to states” now. Waianae will be the only somewhat easy game, and I doubt STL gets them in the first round. Mililani and Kahuku this year are both championship caliber games and STL needs to beat both to repeat. I feel between Kahuku, Mililani and STL, all 3 offer new challenges that the other hasn’t faced in each of their seasons yet.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

So many teams know the right defensive strategy to use against St. Louis--use at least 5 DBs and force Cordeiro to hand it off and make their RBs beat you--but can they succeed at it?

As for tonight's game, I think their victory over us took a massive toll on Kamehameha. Not helping was the fact that St. Louis had a bye. Punahou and Kamehameha simply aren't in the same class as SLS, Kahuks, and Millville. At least St. Louis didn't give us another beating.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Week Twelve,

1.St.Louis 8-0 ILH champs.
2.Mililani 10-0 beat Waianae
3.Kahuku 9-1 beat Campbell
4.Waianae 6-4 Will play Campbell for OIA third place and final Open playoff berth.
5.Campbell 6-4 See above.
6.Leilehua 6-3 Season over.
7.Kamehameha 4-5 lost to St.Louis. Drop one spot.SO.
8.Punahou 5-3 SO
9.Hilo 8-1 BIIF champs. move up one spot with win over Kealakehe.
10.Kapolei 5-5 SO.

Heading into the Open state playoff,St.Louis should get the number one seed.I think they would get the fourth seed for openers which would be the OIA 3rd place winner,either Campbell or Waianae. That would leave Kahuku and Mililani playing each other again in the other semi right after battling each other in the OIA title game.

The D-I tournament is a little harder to figure since some D-II teams declared D-I for states. However, I have to think Hilo would get the number one seed and Kauai would get the fourth seed.So,Hilo vs Kauai in one semifinal. That would leave Maui taking on either Damien or St.Francis in the other semi-final.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

unpaid wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:47 am Week Twelve,

1.St.Louis 8-0 ILH champs.
2.Mililani 10-0 beat Waianae
3.Kahuku 9-1 beat Campbell
4.Waianae 6-4 Will play Campbell for OIA third place and final Open playoff berth.
5.Campbell 6-4 See above.
6.Leilehua 6-3 Season over.
7.Kamehameha 4-5 lost to St.Louis. Drop one spot.SO.
8.Punahou 5-3 SO
9.Hilo 8-1 BIIF champs. move up one spot with win over Kealakehe.
10.Kapolei 5-5 SO.

Heading into the Open state playoff,St.Louis should get the number one seed.I think they would get the fourth seed for openers which would be the OIA 3rd place winner,either Campbell or Waianae. That would leave Kahuku and Mililani playing each other again in the other semi right after battling each other in the OIA title game.

The D-I tournament is a little harder to figure since some D-II teams declared D-I for states. However, I have to think Hilo would get the number one seed and Kauai would get the fourth seed.So,Hilo vs Kauai in one semifinal. That would leave Maui taking on either Damien or St.Francis in the other semi-final.
I doubt that the OIA would let the HHSAA seed the OIA champ and runner up as the 2nd and 3rd seeds, respectively.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

gopunahou,

Think about it.

Campbell is not better than St. Louis. Kahuku smashed Campbell.Sabers aren't better than than the Red Raiders. I think if they had played Mililani,Campbell would have lost by an almost identical score as Waianae.

Campbell and Waianae are in that level below St.Louis,Mililani and Kahuku very clearly after this weekends results.

It's a real possibility that Kahuku And Mililani get each other in the opening round.