2015 Wrestling Speculation and Nonsense

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
Leftfieldcoachlikeu
High-quality H20 provider

Re: 2015 Wrestling Speculation and Nonsense

Post by Leftfieldcoachlikeu »

Did anyone see Hawaii Prep World's Team Rankings? The Girls are right on the money. I would switch Mililani and Moanalua for the boys. The top 3 is clear. Campbell, Kam, and Moanalua are pretty even for the next 3. Didnt get a chance to see Campbell dual any of the Hawaii teams so they are still somewhat unknown. Kam, Lahaina, and Punahou all lost to Kapolei at the duals. Its all league play until States so who know s whats going to happen then.

talloola25
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by talloola25 »

Did anyone see any good match ups last week at Waianae, or Punahou? Any results for the teams or individuals?
Did Pascua wrestle against Barfield or Crimmins?

OldManJenkins

Post by OldManJenkins »

Pascua vs Chandler was an awesome match! Both have seem to gain ground on the other in different areas, it is going to be interesting to see who can put it all together in the end. I really don't see anyone else entering in the race.
and Crimmins? who really cares?! he is still the same
The Almighty GrumpyOldManJenkins coaching from right field is back.. and older

ProudDad
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by ProudDad »

Checked out the East Dual meet at Kaiser. Went to support a friend's son from Kailua.. Just alot of hand raising forfeits but got an opportunity to watch Chance Ikei do battle. He beat a Roosevelt kid I believe his name is Bishop...then watched him play two Moanalua kids. One kid he pinned and the other he lost 6-3. I asked a parent from Kaiser why did he play 2 Moanalua kids and they said one was a regular match and another an exhibition. I guess he beat the 132 lb but lost to the 126 lbs. Much props to Chance for taking on matches with little rest. He looks tough.

2Cents
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by 2Cents »

Campbell Duals

- Waianae looked like they were missing several wrestlers, guys and girls maybe even a coach or two

- Pearl City Maui Lee and their 220, Mataafa?, bushy hair guy, both lost to their Campbell guys, good close matches

- Rematch of Officials finals at 160, Mililani Lee vs. Waianae Jacob N. - Jacob won this one

- A lot of JV matches

- Team Forfeits came out on top with the most wins. :D

- Good job Lucas - smooth tournament

Come on ILH, Maui, Big Island, Kauai where are the updates. Feed the system and keep the interest.

wrestling808

Post by wrestling808 »

Word on the street has it that over a dozen wrestlers from various schools have contracted skin issues after participating in the Campbell tournament. Campbell has 5 wrestlers out due to skin infections. Will someone teach Campbell how to clean their mats!!!

wanna wrestle
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by wanna wrestle »

Honestly, individuals probably had it before Campbell. You can't confirm it was all contracted from this past Saturday. Just sayin.......

Leftfieldcoachlikeu

Post by Leftfieldcoachlikeu »

wrestling808 wrote:Word on the street has it that over a dozen wrestlers from various schools have contracted skin issues after participating in the Campbell tournament. Campbell has 5 wrestlers out due to skin infections. Will someone teach Campbell how to clean their mats!!!
Gotta wonder, is wrestling808 playing mind games with Campbell, or with everyone wrestling against Campbell...

twnoexcuses
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by twnoexcuses »

Leftfieldcoachlikeu wrote:
wrestling808 wrote:Word on the street has it that over a dozen wrestlers from various schools have contracted skin issues after participating in the Campbell tournament. Campbell has 5 wrestlers out due to skin infections. Will someone teach Campbell how to clean their mats!!!
Gotta wonder, is wrestling808 playing mind games with Campbell, or with everyone wrestling against Campbell...
Can "wonder" about that all you want. But, if Campbell isn't doing what it gotta do to make sure skin infections are minimized/avoided, then it's a concern.

If it's spread to other schools as a result, then everyone has to be concerned. Officials especially have to be on the lookout. If Campbell has a hygiene problem, then it has to be taken care of.

wrestling808

Post by wrestling808 »

No conpiracy theory here coach lefty. Just sharing what I heard.

Kama
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Kama »

I would have to agree with the post from wrestling808 that the Sabers have wrestlers out with various skin issues. I was told about this from a Campbell wrestlers mother a couple of weeks ago. I hope they've gotten a handle on this.

SMDH
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by SMDH »

twnoexcuses wrote:
Can "wonder" about that all you want. But, if Campbell isn't doing what it gotta do to make sure skin infections are minimized/avoided, then it's a concern.

If it's spread to other schools as a result, then everyone has to be concerned. Officials especially have to be on the lookout. If Campbell has a hygiene problem, then it has to be taken care of.

You guys speculate all you want about the origin. The skin infections are confirmed at Punahou, St. Louis, Mid Pac, Campbell and I'm sure others. Bottom line coaches, you have a responsibility to make sure your equipment and wrestlers are clean, including yourself.

wrestling808

Post by wrestling808 »

The haircut fiasco made it to espn!

Perhaps we need to create another thread entitled "Destroying Hawaii Wrestling"

Ramashack

Post by Ramashack »

Can anyone tell me the date, time & location of the M.I.L. Wrestling Championships this year?
Been trying to search....a link to some site would work also. THX

samoa12
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by samoa12 »

http://mauinews.com/page/calendars.list ... m=02-02-15

According to the Maui News, February 28, 2015 at King Kekaulike