Wow the refs are just killin Punahou..

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
AllTheRightMoves
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: Wow the refs are just killin Punahou..

Post by AllTheRightMoves »

Swag43 wrote:Makes you wonder if it's rigged
Reallly?!?!? I can't understand why every game is lost because of the officials. Congratulate the winners on a great game and the losers for great effort.

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by rrforlifebaby »

HS Football Fanatic wrote:
Martin wrote:No pressure on McKenzie. Punahou's DBS are weak.....
Well, Punahou had a DB sticking to Mililani receiver Timoteo like glue all night, but Timoteo still made clutch catches, some for TDs. It might not be so much that Punahou's DBs were weak; at least not the one covering Timoteo. It's probably more that Timoteo is simply an outstanding receiver. Heck, he out-performed Punahou receiver Noa last night, and Noa was the best receiver in the state.
Outstanding? In ur opinion. I think he's a good receiver and has room to develop. But outstanding? Sure he is against average db's. But against better than average db's, he's still got a long way to go.

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

db is a hard position to play, the only reason mill did not have success on the kahuku db's is that the front 7 defense put milton out of his comfort zone.
timoteo (and noa in the kahuku vs. punahou game) got behind kahukus best db a couple of times but the QB's ended up throwing too long or short because of the pressure from the front 7.

i remember in the kahuku game timoteo got more then two strides behind gillman and was wide open, milton threw a perfect strike for timoteo in the end zone but our safety (keala boy) came
out of nowhere and intercepted it. its a team game.

punahou defensive strategy is to blame.
-------------------

Martin
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Martin »

Swag43 wrote:Makes you wonder if it's rigged
Actually all in all, after watching the game tape and the replay, it was a very good called games by the refs. I think after all that chatter by some sports announcers and blogs getting lit up last week with bad calls, things got solidified. Hats off to the refs.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

huki-lau-lau wrote:db is a hard position to play, the only reason mill did not have success on the kahuku db's is that the front 7 defense put milton out of his comfort zone.
timoteo (and noa in the kahuku vs. punahou game) got behind kahukus best db a couple of times but the QB's ended up throwing too long or short because of the pressure from the front 7.

i remember in the kahuku game timoteo got more then two strides behind gillman and was wide open, milton threw a perfect strike for timoteo in the end zone but our safety (keala boy) came
out of nowhere and intercepted it. its a team game.

punahou defensive strategy is to blame.
Well, I'm not sure that Punahou's defensive strategy is to blame. Punahou had such a good defensive front-seven that they could win with almost any strategy. I think the real hero of the game is Mililani's O-line; they protected QB Milton from one of the best defensive front-seven units in the state. What's even more amazing is that several of those Mililani O-linemen were playing hurt. Receiver Timoteo was named Mililani's player of the game, but I think the unit of the game for Mililani was definitely their O-line.