Predict Kamehameha vs St Louis playoff game

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
Undftd
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Re: Predict Kamehameha vs St Louis playoff game

Post by Undftd »

HS Football Fanatic wrote:
saynotomercs wrote:Let's not forget that Saint Louis put up 47 AT Mililani before the offense was turned over to Tagovailoa and well before Jahred Silofau (So.) even broke the two-deep.

Mililani's offense is as good as Saint Louis' defense is bad. But Mililani's defense really isn't that great.
Yeah, you have a point there; forgot about that pre-season game. OK, but if Mililani's D isn't that great, then again, Mililani's O can compensate for that. But, St Louis won't even have a chance to play Mililani again unless they get past Punahou next week, and that's probably not going to happen.
Get past punahou next week, then again the week after that...
Undefeated. 11-0
State Champions

Swag43
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Swag43 »

Why are you dummies talking about Saint Louis as if they have a chance against PunHou..lol did we forget that saint Louis offense could only mustered up 7 points to Punahou's 55! Smh....or most recent kam game 47-7...saints and kam are both scrubs to the Buff...Mililani will more than likely get smashed in the states finals "IF" they make it...

CityWithNoPity!!!
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by CityWithNoPity!!! »

St.Louis is a totally different Team from when they first played the Buffs. This time the Crusaders comes out with a W!!!!! LOL@scrubs Swag43 how bout u scrub buffs cornnuttz then put it in yo mouf!!!!! :) jk lol

fanoffb
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by fanoffb »

St. Louis is in a different place than it was the first time in played Punahou. The running game appears to be existent and Tua has grown in confidence. Kobayashi remains the deep danger however there are lots of other receivers that are capable of picking up chunks of yardage. I'm not sure if the defense has really improved that much, as evidenced by the totals given up. That being said, Punahou remains in the elite the of the ILH and the state. St. Louis will probably put up more than 7 points this time but the defense will be hard pressed to stop the running and passing game of Punahou. It will be interesting to see if the corners continue to be left on an island or if they will receive safety help this time. No safety help equals another huge night for Kanawai. Safety help means the Punahou slots will be open and the running game will be relied upon. As long as Punahou doesn't shoot itself in the foot with mistakes (turnovers and penalties), I expect them to emerge with the #1 seed for the playoffs after this weekend.

Swag43
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Swag43 »

CityWithNoPity!!! wrote:St.Louis is a totally different Team from when they first played the Buffs. This time the Crusaders comes out with a W!!!!! LOL@scrubs Swag43 how bout u scrub buffs cornnuttz then put it in yo mouf!!!!! :) jk lol
Don't let pride blind you mr cornnuts....even if St.Louis is a different team doesn't change a thing...Ok maybe they might score more this time around but it'll only be in garbage time...

MauiGuy
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by MauiGuy »

I think it will be a little different this time. St Louis comes in with more confidence and will be better equipped to sustain drives. This will keep Puns offense off the field and keep the score closer. Don't get me wrong, I still think Puns will win decisively, however, not as lopsided as the first time. It'll be a better game than the first one.

LocalCheesehead
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by LocalCheesehead »

MauiGuy wrote:I think it will be a little different this time. St Louis comes in with more confidence and will be better equipped to sustain drives. This will keep Puns offense off the field and keep the score closer. Don't get me wrong, I still think Puns will win decisively, however, not as lopsided as the first time. It'll be a better game than the first one.
Agree, plus the fact that Saint Louis will be in a " win or go home " situation, they will be highly motivated. I think they will be the more fired up team Friday night.

They will have to play the perfect game to come out victorious. No stupid a$$ personal fouls and especially no missed extra points. If they can make the puns punt at least three times, they just might have a chance.

Easier said than done I guess....

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

It still baffles me that people thought St. Louis wasn't gonna win a game this season just because they started 0-3. Granted the QB switch, I mean, they played the top 2 teams in the state and then a top 2 team in the nation. Of course they're gonna lose.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

CityWithNoPity!!! wrote:St.Louis is a totally different Team from when they first played the Buffs. This time the Crusaders comes out with a W!!!!! LOL@scrubs Swag43 how bout u scrub buffs cornnuttz then put it in yo mouf!!!!! :) jk lol
I agree that St Louis is better now than they were when they played Punahou the last time. But, what makes you so sure they'll BEAT Punahou this time? I mean, I'd like them to, but I simply don't think they can. Yes, the score will probably be closer this time, but "close" doesn't count.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

fanoffb wrote:St. Louis is in a different place than it was the first time in played Punahou. The running game appears to be existent and Tua has grown in confidence. Kobayashi remains the deep danger however there are lots of other receivers that are capable of picking up chunks of yardage. I'm not sure if the defense has really improved that much, as evidenced by the totals given up. That being said, Punahou remains in the elite the of the ILH and the state. St. Louis will probably put up more than 7 points this time but the defense will be hard pressed to stop the running and passing game of Punahou. It will be interesting to see if the corners continue to be left on an island or if they will receive safety help this time. No safety help equals another huge night for Kanawai. Safety help means the Punahou slots will be open and the running game will be relied upon. As long as Punahou doesn't shoot itself in the foot with mistakes (turnovers and penalties), I expect them to emerge with the #1 seed for the playoffs after this weekend.
I think St Louis' D has improved: They clamped-down harder on Kamehameha's O than they did the last time. But, I don't think the D has improved enough to give St Louis a chance. Yes, St Louis now has a running game, but I don't think it will gain many yards against Punahou's D.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

LocalCheesehead wrote:
MauiGuy wrote:I think it will be a little different this time. St Louis comes in with more confidence and will be better equipped to sustain drives. This will keep Puns offense off the field and keep the score closer. Don't get me wrong, I still think Puns will win decisively, however, not as lopsided as the first time. It'll be a better game than the first one.
Agree, plus the fact that Saint Louis will be in a " win or go home " situation, they will be highly motivated. I think they will be the more fired up team Friday night.

They will have to play the perfect game to come out victorious. No stupid a$$ personal fouls and especially no missed extra points. If they can make the puns punt at least three times, they just might have a chance.

Easier said than done I guess....
Much easier said than done. Kamehameha was in that "win-or-go-home" situation last week, but it didn't help them. Even if St Louis plays "the perfect game," their D isn't strong enough for them to get the W.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Neighbor wrote:It still baffles me that people thought St. Louis wasn't gonna win a game this season just because they started 0-3. Granted the QB switch, I mean, they played the top 2 teams in the state and then a top 2 team in the nation. Of course they're gonna lose.
Unfortunately, all of that won't matter after this weekend. St Louis will join Kamehameha on the scrap-heap of 2014 football history. For what it's worth, Kamehameha can then tell St Louis: "What goes around, comes around."

Island Spotlight
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Island Spotlight »

Although I have never been a big fawn of ILH teams, I found this game more than entertaining. At first I thought that the Warriors would surely come out with the W, until St. Louis started putting points up on the board. Being that the Warriorʻs O were struggling to put points up, this put Kamehameha in a bad position. Their Defense definitely has the talent, but lacked leadership. Kane was no longer playing as a DB and Tafua and Borengasser were nowhere to be found. The soul of every defense usually starts with their linebackers, and it seemed like Foster was the only one moving D-linemen around in the trenches, but after a while he started to die out. I feel their D did a better job at containing Tua compared to their last meeting, but their DBʻs were allowing too many catches and failed to limit their yards after catch. Saint Louis did a spectacular job on capitalizing on the Warriors mistakes. As far as Kamʻs O, they didn't utilize their running game as much as I expected, and even with Kane being a full WR that game, they rarely even threw to him. There were times in the game when Kane was wide open for an easy 6 points, but he was invisible to Godinet. If you move your best DB to be a full WR, you should probably throw to him right...? But all in all, it was an exciting game!

Swag43
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Swag43 »

Island Spotlight wrote:Although I have never been a big fawn of ILH teams, I found this game more than entertaining. At first I thought that the Warriors would surely come out with the W, until St. Louis started putting points up on the board. Being that the Warriorʻs O were struggling to put points up, this put Kamehameha in a bad position. Their Defense definitely has the talent, but lacked leadership. Kane was no longer playing as a DB and Tafua and Borengasser were nowhere to be found. The soul of every defense usually starts with their linebackers, and it seemed like Foster was the only one moving D-linemen around in the trenches, but after a while he started to die out. I feel their D did a better job at containing Tua compared to their last meeting, but their DBʻs were allowing too many catches and failed to limit their yards after catch. Saint Louis did a spectacular job on capitalizing on the Warriors mistakes. As far as Kamʻs O, they didn't utilize their running game as much as I expected, and even with Kane being a full WR that game, they rarely even threw to him. There were times in the game when Kane was wide open for an easy 6 points, but he was invisible to Godinet. If you move your best DB to be a full WR, you should probably throw to him right...? But all in all, it was an exciting game!
Great so your more into dumbed down football OIA...sometimes the sloppiness of OIA football makes me smh in disgrace...

CityWithNoPity!!!
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by CityWithNoPity!!! »

HS Football Fanatic wrote:
I agree that St Louis is better now than they were when they played Punahou the last time. But, what makes you so sure they'll BEAT Punahou this time? I mean, I'd like them to, but I simply don't think they can. Yes, the score will probably be closer this time, but "close" doesn't count.
im sure because the last time they played punahou just threw up the ball(bombs away) to win. i think st louis will do a better job in playing the deep ball. so if st louis can limit the bombs away keep everything in front and have stops which i know their D is capable of doing.....they will get the W. Different D meaning now looks like they know what theyre doing compare to the first meeting where they looked lost. just got to wait and see.