unpaid D-II football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
FAN1
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: unpaid D-II football

Post by FAN1 »

Lahainalua vs Kapaa was a good game! It was Kapaa's game to win, Lahainaluna had 19 players inactive (only 31 players suited up), Kapaa had only a handful of inactive players. 4 to 5 of the Lahainaluna's inactives were key players that would have seen a lot of action. Due to the under size Luna team you could tell that the Luna players were bogging towards the end of the game since many of them were playing both ways. Plus Luna's top rusher, Jared Rocha-Islas, got hurt in the 3rd quarter and did not return, Luna's were running 2 sophomore running backs. It was amazing that the Lunas pulled it off! You can watch this game on www.hawaiistream.tv.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Week Three headliners,

No.4 Kauai and No.10 Damien.This is a game that Iselle could not destroy..Kauai suffered to key losses to transfers,but I think they still get the nod over the Monarchs..that said,this could still be a close game.I just think that Kauai has so much experience with the players who stayed put that the Red Raiders will pull it out.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

unpaid wrote:Week Three headliners,

No.4 Kauai and No.10 Damien.This is a game that Iselle could not destroy..Kauai suffered to key losses to transfers,but I think they still get the nod over the Monarchs..that said,this could still be a close game.I just think that Kauai has so much experience with the players who stayed put that the Red Raiders will pull it out.
Kauai had such a good year, last year. Why did such key players transfer?

University Ave
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by University Ave »

Prob because they played on Oahu and every coach was there thinking of who they were gonna recruit for next year. Hahahaha

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

I'm just curious as to why Kauai is ranked that high in DII. I watched the Kona game and they appear really inexperienced and small in both size and numbers. I can only surmize that AP played a huge role in that game and now with those kids back, they are now contenders in DII? Can anyone in the know comment on this years team vs last?

I will say that I was impressed with that #55 kid from Kauai......very small but tough as heck. He played OL and looks to be 160# soaking wet, but he put some of those Kona Dline kids on their butt throughout the game, and at LB he laid a few kids out!

University Ave
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by University Ave »

Where did you watch the game? I was kinda wondering how kauai was gonna rebound. They looked solid last year. Shouldve won the kaiser game.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Saturday thoughts,

Not a lot to discuss with only two D-II games on the board last night.Looks like Lahainaluna is tuning up for MIL play based on the scoreboard in that King Kekaulike game.

Roosevelt and Radford went back and forth with the Rams pulling out the victory late in the game.I know SL has Radford ranked,but I would like to see a little more from my old school before I bump them up.

8-man football is expanding further.In addition to Kohala and Pahoa joining in the BIIF, the MIL has grown from four to six teams with Kihei Charter and Lanai joining the competition. Looks like Kau has one interleague contest against a MIL school this year ,too.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

unpaid wrote:Saturday thoughts,

Not a lot to discuss with only two D-II games on the board last night.Looks like Lahainaluna is tuning up for MIL play based on the scoreboard in that King Kekaulike game.

Roosevelt and Radford went back and forth with the Rams pulling out the victory late in the game.I know SL has Radford ranked,but I would like to see a little more from my old school before I bump them up.

8-man football is expanding further.In addition to Kohala and Pahoa joining in the BIIF, the MIL has grown from four to six teams with Kihei Charter and Lanai joining the competition. Looks like Kau has one interleague contest against a MIL school this year ,too.
No offense against your alma mater, but if they had trouble with Roosevelt, they really probably shouldn't be ranked.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Yah,that is what I'm thinking too.the Rams start getting into the meat of their schedule soon and then we will see what happens on the field.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Week Three,

1.Lahainaluna 2-0
2.Iolani 1-0 DNP No.9 Damien next.
3.Konawaena 1-0 DNP No.5 Kamehameha-Hawaii next.
4.Pearl City 2-0 No.8 Kaimuki next.
5.Kamehameha-Hawaii 0-0 DNP No3 Konawaena next.
6.Hawaii Prep 1-1 D-I No.10 Hilo next.
7.Kapaa 0-1 DNP
8.Kaimuki 1-0 No.4 Pearl City next
9.Damien 1-0 No.2 Iolani next
10.Kauai 0-2

There will be some movement next weekend with so many of the squads inside the top ten facing off. Kapaa will face a 1-0 Waimea team in KIF play.Nanakuli,Pac-5,and St.Francis,who is now 2-0 by the way,are looking to move up with some spots that might be available after next weekend.

FatherofCody&Casey
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by FatherofCody&Casey »

unpaid wrote:Week Three,

1.Lahainaluna 2-0
7.Kapaa 0-1 DNP
10.Kauai 0-2

There will be some movement next weekend with so many of the squads inside the top ten facing off. Kapaa will face a 1-0 Waimea team in KIF play.Nanakuli,Pac-5,and St.Francis,who is now 2-0 by the way,are looking to move up with some spots that might be available after next weekend.
I hope these games involving D2 ILH teams are an indication that they've improved and are no longer a pushover for even Iolani. That way, next year's ILH D2 representative can be strong while Iolani tries its luck with D1 teams.

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

The Konawaena vs Kamehameha-Hawaii game will be very interesting and could provide a preview of the DII contenders. Kona has the talent and coaching and should easily win, but the unknown Kamehameha-Hawaii team might very well be a sleeper team in DII. Coach Walters said he played the Kauai game without 11 starters who were out on AP, and the Kamehameha game will field a totally different team. There isn't much information or talk about Kam-Hawaii other than a scrimmage with Waiakea. A Waiakea coach was overheard saying Kam-Hawaii destroyed Waiakea in the first Qtr and sat out the starters the rest of the scrimmage. Being that Kam-Hawaii has yet to actually play a game, I'll go with Konawaena on this one, 24-14.

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

unpaid wrote:Week Three,

1.Lahainaluna 2-0
7.Kapaa 0-1 DNP
10.Kauai 0-2

Unpaid-You have Kamehameha-Hawaii ranked 5th but they're the only team in the top ten that has yet to play a game. Any insight?

Naue
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Naue »

Keep an eye on that team from Nanakuli...those boys from the west side are ballin...
Had a chance to see their scrimmage against Waianae and I was impressed.
Was pretty much even except Nanakuli forced more turnovers and their running game gave Waianae fits
"when they show you their true colors, believe them"

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Getreal$,

Of course,Typhoon Iselle has been responsible for a lot of teams not having a game yet..so nature has thrown a wild card into my rankings.Punahou also has not played a game yet because of the storms.I can only say that my preseason post on rankings.like every one else's is subjective. Once the season begins,in my system,it's win s and and losses.
So,if I have the Warriors at No.5 then that means I have not tried to mess with my preseason evaluation too much.
That said,every school is in play this week,and once the season begins for everyone, it's wins and losses for me to decide who goes up and down.

FatherofCody&Casey,
Last year,Kauai stopped the D-II Iolani streak. That said,you know the Iolani squad is upset because of it. What makes this year intriguing is that Iolani is not in the conversation as a lock this year for the D-II championship.. It's not just my way humble unofficial rankings,the Star Advertiser doesn't have them in the top ten for the entire state,and Scoringlive doesn,t have them NoI in D-II ,neither do I. From my point of view,2014 is probably the first real competitive year of D-II in the ILH.Damien has some size,Pac-5 'S QB just set a state standard for passing yards in a single game,and St.Francis,after saying they were going to kill varsity,somehow over the summer decided to field a varsity team anyway,and be 2-0..Yeah,I think ILH D-II could actually be interesting this year. Of course ,I understand that the usual ILH arguement will follow,what if ILH D-II had more than one team at states......OK,bring it on!