Netane Muti released from NLI, signs with Fresno St.

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
Duster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Netane Muti signs NLI

Post by Duster »

EITSwarrior wrote:It's gotta be UH's Alegebra 2 requirement.
In Jackson Moore's article, Muti indicated that it was a "test score", which I take to mean SAT or ACT. I guess he did not want to try to retake it to get a qualifying score like other have done in the past. Not sure he and his family were fully committed to UH either. The Star Advertiser article sheds more light in that he was not actually denied admission, but was informed of the things he needed to do to gain admission: http://www.staradvertiser.com/sports/sp ... sno-state/

His release led to the signing of DL Andrew (Alesana) Sunia, who wants to be here and who I am glad we have joining us.

It raises questions about the admissions standards of Cal State schools to me. Almost sounds like JC.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

I understand now that the details have come out, but it still feels weird to release him to a conference opponent. A rival at that. He was one of the better talents in the 2016 class.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

J-Rod wrote:I understand now that the details have come out, but it still feels weird to release him to a conference opponent. A rival at that. He was one of the better talents in the 2016 class.
It happens.

Two (2) current UH Rainbow Warriors (TE Tui Unga & NG Samiuela Akoteu) are also former Fresno State signees under current HC Tim DeRuyter.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

Duster wrote:
EITSwarrior wrote:It's gotta be UH's Alegebra 2 requirement.
In Jackson Moore's article, Muti indicated that it was a "test score", which I take to mean SAT or ACT. I guess he did not want to try to retake it to get a qualifying score like other have done in the past. Not sure he and his family were fully committed to UH either. The Star Advertiser article sheds more light in that he was not actually denied admission, but was informed of the things he needed to do to gain admission: http://www.staradvertiser.com/sports/sp ... sno-state/

His release led to the signing of DL Andrew (Alesana) Sunia, who wants to be here and who I am glad we have joining us.

It raises questions about the admissions standards of Cal State schools to me. Almost sounds like JC.
I've heard that there's a big difference in the way that Rolo handles these situations vs how Chow would handle them. There's a transparency with Rolo that is winning support from people on upper campus, where with Chow he would often just throw upper campus "under the bus" when it came to something like this. I guess he felt like he was "going to bat" for his recruits, but all it really does is make the fanbase lose faith in the university unnecessarily. We can just look back at this thread and see how quickly people were to guess that it was because UH's admissions standards are too high. From what I understand, the recruit had a lot of time to do what was necessary to gain admission, but for whatever reason chose not to. what are the chances of a student like that maintaining eligibility throughout his college career? probably a little less than someone who does the work to gain admission...

BigWave96744

Re: Netane Muti released from NLI, signs with Fresno St.

Post by BigWave96744 »

Some inquired, and yes he is on the 2016 Bulldog roster
http://gobulldogs.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=4461

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

BigWave96744 wrote:Some inquired, and yes he is on the 2016 Bulldog roster
http://gobulldogs.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=4461
And HC just got fired.
ImageImage

BullNuts808
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: the off season

Post by BullNuts808 »

Damn....wish him the best. FSU's OL lacks depth so i'm assuming he's safe for now.

"I would fully expect former Cal coach Jeff Tedford to be the leading candidate at Fresno State. Tedford is looking to lead a program again and Fresno is an ideal spot for him, as he played and coaches there. There could be other candidates, but this search almost for sure will start with Tedford." -Adam Rittenberg ESPN Staff Writer