Zak Hill Coaching Thread

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Re: Zak Hill leaving?

Post by UnBiasFan »

UnBiasFan wrote:Go back to the mainland. Good riddance.

Link

shock808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by shock808 »

RedZone wrote:
bogeywarrior wrote:Harshin has no integrity going after In conference OCs, they went after Fresno St new OC before Hill. What an A-Hole! What comes around hoes around, wish Boise State nothing but bad luck. Don't forget Rolo can wear both hats! Let's focus on the final recruiting surge and sign everyone committed. As Reinbold said, a better coach will be coming!
No forget how Utah State grabbed our DC. But they never had any connection to Hawaii. Just a job. Kinda nice of UH to release him from his contract. Are we too nice?????

The thing is I don't like is how UH is becoming a coach's stepping stone to getting a job on another MWC team. I can see if they go P5.
I think you referring to Kevin Clune who was a Utah State guy before coming to Hawaii. Like you said, no ties to Hawaii just a stepping stone to get DC experience before going back home. I'm not sure, but I heard these assistants only are on one year contracts (can someone confirm or correct me?) so he may not have been released from his contract, just chose to leave before it could be renewed?

Anyways, Zak Hill.... not too much to say about that guy, just gotta shake my head. Gotta give it to the Hawaii Athletics website people, at least they already took him off the site. http://www.hawaiiathletics.com/coaches. ... h=football

UH95
Starter
Starter

Post by UH95 »

Lose money

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

shock808 wrote:
RedZone wrote:
bogeywarrior wrote:Harshin has no integrity going after In conference OCs, they went after Fresno St new OC before Hill. What an A-Hole! What comes around hoes around, wish Boise State nothing but bad luck. Don't forget Rolo can wear both hats! Let's focus on the final recruiting surge and sign everyone committed. As Reinbold said, a better coach will be coming!
No forget how Utah State grabbed our DC. But they never had any connection to Hawaii. Just a job. Kinda nice of UH to release him from his contract. Are we too nice?????

The thing is I don't like is how UH is becoming a coach's stepping stone to getting a job on another MWC team. I can see if they go P5.
I think you referring to Kevin Clune who was a Utah State guy before coming to Hawaii. Like you said, no ties to Hawaii just a stepping stone to get DC experience before going back home. I'm not sure, but I heard these assistants only are on one year contracts (can someone confirm or correct me?) so he may not have been released from his contract, just chose to leave before it could be renewed?

Anyways, Zak Hill.... not too much to say about that guy, just gotta shake my head. Gotta give it to the Hawaii Athletics website people, at least they already took him off the site. http://www.hawaiiathletics.com/coaches. ... h=football
Clune had a 2 year contract. Hill signed a 1 yr contract but got a release from UH.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

shock808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by shock808 »

thanks for clarifying. disappointing that the coaches leave, (especially under Hill's circumstances) but I'm not sure what would be a viable alternative to releasing them from the contract if they want to leave. Playing too hardball may make any kind of quality coaches think twice about coming here in the first place. tough to find right balance

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

Looks like Hill won't even call plays at Boise. He is the co-OC and QB coach and Harsin calls plays. He's basically a glorified QB coach.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

J-Rod wrote:Looks like Hill won't even call plays at Boise. He is the co-OC and QB coach and Harsin calls plays. He's basically a glorified QB coach.
Yep pretty much what Harsin has said. He loves calling the plays. Don't think that he will let someone else do it. Maybe Hill just wants Boise on his resume.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

Got some info from the WSN board from an interview with Rolo
Zak didn't apply for the job, they came to him.
They're from that area, wife is pregnant and due to give birth in a few months. They have a house near Boise. His parents live nearby.
Probably more money, closer to home, and with a baby on the way, need some parental support. Not that hard of a decision. It sucks for us. Having raised our kids with 0 parents support (mine deceased, hers didn't want to help), I can attest to how hard it can be. Plus with the hours of a football assistant coach, I can't really blame them.
ImageImage

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Que sera sera. I'd rather have Stutz. Warrior for Life!
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

WA Warrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by WA Warrior »

Irse wrote:Got some info from the WSN board from an interview with Rolo
Zak didn't apply for the job, they came to him.
They're from that area, wife is pregnant and due to give birth in a few months. They have a house near Boise. His parents live nearby.
Probably more money, closer to home, and with a baby on the way, need some parental support. Not that hard of a decision. It sucks for us. Having raised our kids with 0 parents support (mine deceased, hers didn't want to help), I can attest to how hard it can be. Plus with the hours of a football assistant coach, I can't really blame them.
In that perspective, it is the best move for him and his family. I'm sure any parent on this board would have done the same. I worked 60 hours a week with zero parental help for my kids and we both worked and managed to get by just fine, but everyone is different and so is their resiliency. Good luck to them.

Mahalos [*]Red Gun[/color] for the update!!!

shock808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by shock808 »

this reminds me of Greg McMackin, when he took over as DC for June Jones first year. I remember hearing (can't find the article at this moment) that he was offered to be DC at Oregon State (for probably more money), but would not back away from the commitment he already made to June Jones to come to Hawaii.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

https://twitter.com/RedditCFB/status/1487105248804093957