Wily and Afalava commits to UNLV

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Re: Wily and Afalava commits to UNLV

Post by Irse »

Unfortunately not surprising.
ImageImage

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

I wonder why recruits don't want to play for Chow. :lol:
I am the one who knocks.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

It's truly a sad day when UH loses recruits to UNLV. Nothing against UNLV mind you, but they have to have one of the worst overall records in FBS for the past ukumillion years. At least UH (before Norm Chow) was good to mediocre at best, with a few fantabulous years in between. UNLV had what, one winning season in recent memory? Yikes!

We got stuck with Chowball for at least one more year and thanks go out to Ben Jay.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

dont want not trying to add insult to injury being that overall mood here in UHfootball forums is gloomy on this day of signing recruits.

came across byus coaches being happy about their recruits. specifically former kahuku mark atuaia signing one of his nephews in kamehamehas mika tafua who is also from laie. its an official byu video not some random upload, i thought byu had a stiff image with old white men, oh well, wish UH was as joyous on this day of signing.

Link
-------------------

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

Losing recruiting battles to UNLV. :oops: That's Chowball for you.
I am the one who knocks.

seasider
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by seasider »

808Hawaii wrote:Losing recruiting battles to UNLV. :oops: That's Chowball for you.
Nope, its called "pressure from family" who thinks the grass is greener on the mainland"...and the "lure of playing for a mainland school" versus the home team.

Only a few of the local athletes who go on to play for mainland programs make it to the NFL.

Bottom line, if you're planning to live in Hawaii, make a name for yourself playing for the home team...and the job offers will come after you get that degree. LOL...Firefighters, Policemen are the highest paid county and state employees....and, playing for the home team also can get you a high paying job (6 figure/monthly)on the docks.

managerr
All-conference
All-conference

Post by managerr »

seasider wrote:
808Hawaii wrote:Losing recruiting battles to UNLV. :oops: That's Chowball for you.
Nope, its called "pressure from family" who thinks the grass is greener on the mainland"...and the "lure of playing for a mainland school" versus the home team.

Only a few of the local athletes who go on to play for mainland programs make it to the NFL.

Bottom line, if you're planning to live in Hawaii, make a name for yourself playing for the home team...and the job offers will come after you get that degree. LOL...Firefighters, Policemen are the highest paid county and state employees....and, playing for the home team also can get you a high paying job (6 figure/monthly)on the docks.
I went to a private school--and I definitely felt the "mainland school pressure", it exists, and is kind of a prestige thing.

However--UNLV??!?! It's familiar to locals, but has a worse academic reputation and a much worse football program and fan base. I think my parents would have told me to stay home if I was going to UNLV. I mean great for a vacation--but for college?