Kevin Clune to Utah State

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Re: Kevin Clune to Utah State

Post by 808Hawaii »

Chow'sNextQB wrote:Im surprised Chow hasn't had more to say in his coaching staff. Seems like a lot of people are leaving. Why doesn't he get some USC guys in?
You would think with 40 years in the business, Chow would have a network of coaches that would want to coach in Hawaii. You would be wrong.
I am the one who knocks.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

RedZone wrote:Probably the job he wanted to begin with. Will be interesting to see what Chow does now. It could mean his end or show his genius. Just bad timing because Chow will probably wait until after the recruiting period to hire a new DC unless he promotes from within. Daronte was also the associate head coach so if anything happens to Chow...... I don't see anyone on the current staff who is ready to take over the program.
Jordan Wynn? :-
I am the one who knocks.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

Egonator wrote:I really hope he hires someone from out of state. Although I do like local coaches, being a high school coach is nothin compare to a coach with college football background. .
Like someone from Utah?
I am the one who knocks.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

RedZone wrote:
SundayJam wrote:
poidog wrote:the coaching carousel is always going to be a thing, but it is compounded by our lame duck ad/hc situation that makes UH a less-attractive destination for potential replacements. this is worst-case scenario for us right now.
I would argue that dismissing Greg McMackin at the cost of $500,000 to hire a lame head coach was the cause of this worst-of-all-case scenarios. Lame coach fires awesome coaching staff...which opposing coaches quickly snap up...now, ironically, the fired coaches are now hiring Norm's replacements.

I won't miss Klune because, like all of Chow's replacements, he was only ever temporary.
Actually if Clune had hung around and helped Chow turn things for the better he may have ended up with an inside track for the HC job. I don't think that Chow has many years left ih him.
I wouldn't want anyone with ties to Chow as our next head coach. The program needs a fresh start, someone that will fire up the fan base.
I am the one who knocks.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

808Hawaii wrote: I wouldn't want anyone with ties to Chow as our next head coach. The program needs a fresh start, someone that will fire up the fan base.
:o WHOA....the dude's gonna have to light the entire ALOHA Stadium on fire!! :lol: :lol:
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden