Boise St GONE to Big East and possible WAC 7/1/12

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Boise St GONE to Big East and possible WAC 7/1/12

Post by Grinch »

While the Broncos' self-serving BS is irritating . . . they'd help the MWC in football . . .

According to Star-Advertiser:

BOISE, Idaho >> "Boise State lawyers say the school engaged in talks with the Mountain West Conference earlier this year about staying in the league, despite public denials by Bronco athletic officials that such talks were taking place."

For more, go to:
http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/brea ... =159490975
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Boise St - Coming or Going?

Post by J-Rod »

The Big East will make way more money through T.V. revenue than the MWC. Bottom line.....that is why BSU is leaving. Its all about survival and looking out for yourself.

dcwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by dcwarrior »

also, it's all in the past tense - "engaged" not engaging...
Substance matters.

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

DCWarrior . . . Yeah, I didn't read it closely ... As ya mention it just verifies what took place awhile back. My bad.
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

Kama'aina UH
Starter
Starter
MLB: Angels/Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: San Diego Chargers

Post by Kama'aina UH »

I started a thread a month ago confirming that Boise is heading to the Big Least-ink is dry on the contract. No if, ands, or buts, they are out of here and reaching for the $$$$$$$$$$$.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

I really have to wonder what happens if they can't get their other sports into a conference. If the WAC is still around, they will be okay.. but if that dissolves and the BIG WEST says "no"? What then?

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

Kama'aina UH
Starter
Starter
MLB: Angels/Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: San Diego Chargers

Post by Kama'aina UH »

madeinhawaii wrote:I really have to wonder what happens if they can't get their other sports into a conference. If the WAC is still around, they will be okay.. but if that dissolves and the BIG WEST says "no"? What then?
I've been wondering the same thing. Boise's been saying they hopefully are putting the other sports into the Big West but the BW isn't responding. Right now it's just Cali schools only with Hawaii coming in 2013. I hate to say it but I'd laugh like hel* if the Big West turned them down and their remaining sports were in limbo.

But I'm evil.....

WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by WarriorTyme »

The reality is that their are so many factors involved with Boise moving or not it's perplexing. I mean the East Coast, Midwest, South, Southwest have 4 BCS conferences and the West/Pacific region of the United States only has 1 BCS conference and thats the PAC 12. So the Big East which is now basically Conference USA 2.0 in a region of the United States already packed with 4 BCS conferences leaves them odd man out. The level of football competition the Big East is offering Boise State and the rest of college football is no better than the Mountain West after losing all the credible teams to expansion. With the new TV deal the MWC is going to have in the next few months should be right in the same ball park as the Boise will get as a football member only slice in the BE minus the travel expenses too. Lets face it the Big East is a Basketball Conference not a football conference and BE basketball is top notch but really lacked in football.

There is more room in the West/Pacific region of the United States for a for a 6th BCS/Big Boy conference with the big time talented recruits in States such as California, Utah, Hawaii, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Arizona, Colorado to name a few and Boise recruits this states heavily too. And the MWC has the potential to be the next power conference in the Wild, Wide Open West along with the PAC 12. Furthermore, Boise wants to play in the western states like California, Nevada and others many times a year not on the east coast becuase the recruiting base is California. Boise needs to keep it's hold on recruiting big time talent in California and that mean playing in California multiple times a year so recruits can play in front of their families. Plus, the BE is not the same BCS conference as they advertised last year when they invited Boise State now the BE is a mid major conference in football. MWC football is on par with the BE in football, recruiting the west coast is the life blood of Boise State football, the BE money might not be as advertised, no stable home for it's Olympic sports and the BE is not stable with Louisville, Rutgers and UConn begging to leave and will jump ship if given the chance. Boise State knows this and thats why they haven't jumped ship to the Big East yet.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

So what are they waiting for 11:59pm Hawaiian Standard Time?

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

BigWave96744 wrote:So what are they waiting for 11:59pm Hawaiian Standard Time?
Rumor is this debacle may continue into Monday....

Don't ask, I'm no lawyer. Have no idea how this works....

https://twitter.com/ESPNAndyKatz/status ... 1825889281

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

I wonder if the Boise AD has blue skid marks in his BVDs

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

BigWave96744 wrote:I wonder if the Boise AD has blue skid marks in his BVDs
Lose money. :D Must be a gambler.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Maybe they famous alum will get their Olympic sports into the Sun Belt

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1: