Gordy Shaw coaching at Idaho - edited 3/20/12

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Gordy Shaw coaching at Idaho - edited 3/20/12

Post by kapakahi »

[*]
RedZone wrote:Robert Kekaula said on the news that he talked to Chow and that he will be letting go Aranda and Shaw.
Heard the Gordy already has a few potential offers....some with BCS Conference schools....in the works.

Got to talk story with Gordy at the Dec. annual banquet. Very nice man. Best wishes to Gordy!!!

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Re: What Assistant Coaches Will Chow Keep & Bring In?

Post by Irse »

kapakahi wrote:
RedZone wrote:Robert Kekaula said on the news that he talked to Chow and that he will be letting go Aranda and Shaw.
Heard the Gordy already has a few potential offers....some with BCS Conference schools....in the works.

Got to talk story with Gordy at the Dec. annual banquet. Very nice man. Best wishes to Gordy!!!
Have a feeling Chow will be cleaning house.
ImageImage

H20
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons

Post by H20 »

Irse wrote: Have a feeling Chow will be cleaning house.
You're probably right, and those coaches and fans shouldn't take it as a slight to the guys who were here last year. Chow has had YEARS to think of who he'd want on his staff whenever he got a HC job, and if none of these guys were on it then that's just how it goes. The thing I'm hoping is that he's got commitments from the coaches he wants and that's why he knows he can let these guys go. Would be silly to let them go prior to knowing his guys want to come here.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

H20 wrote:
You're probably right, and those coaches and fans shouldn't take it as a slight to the guys who were here last year. Chow has had YEARS to think of who he'd want on his staff whenever he got a HC job, and if none of these guys were on it then that's just how it goes. The thing I'm hoping is that he's got commitments from the coaches he wants and that's why he knows he can let these guys go. Would be silly to let them go prior to knowing his guys want to come here.
Whomever his DC will be will probably want to select his own people to coach the Defensive side of the ball. Wonder who he has in mind for Special teams.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

H20
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons

Post by H20 »

madeinhawaii wrote:
H20 wrote:
Whomever his DC will be will probably want to select his own people to coach the Defensive side of the ball. Wonder who he has in mind for Special teams.
What's Elam doing these days? :wink:

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

H20 wrote:What's Elam doing these days? :wink:
From what I heard, Jason Elam has not associated himself with the UH program ever since Bob Wagner got fired in 1995.

letsgobows
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets

Re: Gordy Shaw will not be back 12/27/11

Post by letsgobows »

got to thank Gordy for the depth he built up in the OL the past 2 years. hopefully the next staff can mold these kids into beasts.
college football=drama for men.
GO WARRIORS!

Whiplash808
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Whiplash808 »

kapakahi wrote:
From what I heard, Jason Elam has not associated himself with the UH program ever since Bob Wagner got fired in 1995.
Sad to hear that, if true. In any event, he did give this one interview back in 2006 to the Advertiser concerning his time at UH:

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/artic ... sp29a.html

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

H20 wrote:
All new coaches most likely. I figure that coach Chow wants to do this the right way since this is his first and maybe his last head coaching job before he retires. All these years gone by and finally he gets the chance to be the head coach of a team in a state he cares dearly about. I wouldn't expect anything less than his best foot forward. If that means bringing in your coaches you believe gives you the best chance of being successful, then bring them all in.

I got your back coach Chow, even though you don't need it.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

SectionACrazy
Starter
Starter
MLB: The Redinals and CardiSox
NBA: Boston Celtics since 70s
NFL: SF 49ers

Post by SectionACrazy »

Whiplash808 wrote:
kapakahi wrote:
Sad to hear that, if true. In any event, he did give this one interview back in 2006 to the Advertiser concerning his time at UH:

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/artic ... sp29a.html
Just read the interview, didnt Elam start his career at UH in '88, kicking the winning FG vs #9 Iowa? Anyway, thanks Coach Shaw, good luck to you!

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

I will miss coach Shaw. Good Luck Gordie.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

jhb3043
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by jhb3043 »

thanks and good luck to Coach Shaw & Coach Aranda

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

The Staradvertiser is also confirming that Coach Shaw, Aranda, and Smith won't be retained. as someone posted earlier
UH is in the process of hiring Lewis Powell and Philip Rauscher.

Good luck to Coach Shaw, Aranda and Smith, thanks for all that you have done for Hawaii. Good luck on your next Journey.

Seems as though Coach Chow has a lot of coaches that want to come to Hawaii, he said he has about 400 applicants a few from the NFL as well. I'm very interested/excited to see what our coaching staff well look like.

http://www.staradvertiser.com/sportspre ... =136365823
EL PASO, TEXAS » At least three more members of Hawaii's 2011 football coaching staff will not be retained.

Norm Chow, who was hired as the Warriors' head coach last week, notified defensive coordinator Dave Aranda, offensive line coach Gordy Shaw and running backs coach Brian Smith that their contracts will not be renewed.

Haynr8dr
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NBA: Boston Celtics
NFL: Oakland RAIDERS!

Post by Haynr8dr »

This is Chow's bed now. It only makes sense that he hires the people he wants to make that bed. The very bottom-line is this: he has to sleep in it, so ... .

WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by WarriorTyme »

Haynr8dr wrote:This is Chow's bed now. It only makes sense that he hires the people he wants to make that bed. The very bottom-line is this: he has to sleep in it, so ... .

Agreed!