WAC not so good so far

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

WAC not so good so far

Post by Irse »

UH is the only one with a winning record so far this year. Not good, but at least all teams have at least one win.
ImageImage

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: WAC not so good so far

Post by J-Rod »

Nevada had less than 100 total yards of offense before a long garbage TD in the late 4th this weekend. BSU's defense is elite and all, but that's pretty pathetic.

Fresno looked better than I thought they were, but it was Ole Miss......same team that lost to BYU.

I don't know what to think about Utah State.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

J-Rod wrote:Nevada had less than 100 total yards of offense before a long garbage TD in the late 4th this weekend. BSU's defense is elite and all, but that's pretty pathetic.

Fresno looked better than I thought they were, but it was Ole Miss......same team that lost to BYU.

Seems like Utah State can play great one week then stick it up the next. At least we get them at home.
ImageImage

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

Irse wrote:
J-Rod wrote:Nevada had less than 100 total yards of offense before a long garbage TD in the late 4th this weekend. BSU's defense is elite and all, but that's pretty pathetic.

Seems like Utah State can play great one week then stick it up the next. At least we get them at home.
And Wyoming gets them next. If the game was in Laramie, I would feel better about us winning but since it's in Logan.....Oh...boy....

dakineguy
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by dakineguy »

I didn't get to watch the Nevada/Boise game but maybe just as well. It may have been one of the more boring games (lots of punts) but looking at the play by play it seems like Nevada's defense did OK but the offense sucked. If the offense had been able to stay on the field and put up some points there would have been a game going on.
GO WARRIORS !!! PLAY HARD!!!!
Ohana Makou
ex-lounge lizard, ex-stair creature, ex-Jhaller

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

dakineguy wrote:I didn't get to watch the Nevada/Boise game but maybe just as well. It may have been one of the more boring games (lots of punts) but looking at the play by play it seems like Nevada's defense did OK but the offense sucked. If the offense had been able to stay on the field and put up some points there would have been a game going on.
BSU had 2 TDs called back and 3 dropped passes for TDs on 3rd downs that resulted in 0 points on those drives.. That's 35 points off the board. Trust me, I watched it, it wasn't even sort of close.

Edit: Check that, it was 2 dropped passes for TDs and 1 over thrown ball to a wide open TE by Moore. Again, it wasn't even a ball game.

dakineguy
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by dakineguy »

J-Rod wrote:
dakineguy wrote:I didn't get to watch the Nevada/Boise game but maybe just as well. It may have been one of the more boring games (lots of punts) but looking at the play by play it seems like Nevada's defense did OK but the offense sucked. If the offense had been able to stay on the field and put up some points there would have been a game going on.
BSU had 2 TDs called back and 3 dropped passes for TDs on 3rd downs that resulted in 0 points on those drives.. That's 35 points off the board. Trust me, I watched it, it wasn't even sort of close.

Edit: Check that, it was 2 dropped passes for TDs and 1 over thrown ball to a wide open TE by Moore. Again, it wasn't even a ball game.
So you are saying Boise offense played junk or was it the Nevada defense making them play junk? Either way I'm sure I would have been bored with this game.
Ohana Makou

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

dakineguy wrote: So you are saying Boise offense played junk or was it the Nevada defense making them play junk? Either way I'm sure I would have been bored with this game.
I'm saying if BSU's Mitch Burroughs knew how to catch a football, it would not have been close.

The TDs called back were pretty bad too. Especially Martin's TD. Replay showed there was no holding. Versus announcers were baffled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMyqVC2dt3o

My point, BSU had lots of things go against them, and still had a 30-3 lead late in the 4th before UNR got a cheap long TD from Matthews. It was a blowout.

dakineguy
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by dakineguy »

ahhh well still glad I didn't watch the game. You wonder how Boise wins with such poor players. He has the same yards recieving for the whole season so far as Pollard has in the last game.
Ohana Makou

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

I wish I could say that the WAC teams are actually very good and that Hawaii was that much better... but that would be stretching it more than Extendz.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

dakineguy
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by dakineguy »

Fresno vs Boise is on ESPN3 right now if you wnat to watch
Tomorrow they will have UNLV vs Nevada and Wyoming vs Utah State
Ohana Makou

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

FSU DB's suspect at best.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Fresno's getting killed by Boise.
WAC teams have had too much tough ooc scheduling.
I think Utah St., Idaho, and La Tech have shown something in tough losses to good teams.
Even NMSU has had some luck. Fresno and Nevada are always gonna be good.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

BSU absolutely hammered Fresno 57-7.

The days of Fresno being a daunting opponent in Bulldogs Stadium are over.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

J-Rod wrote:The days of Fresno being a daunting opponent in Bulldogs Stadium are over.
The days of Fresno actually being good ended when Wyoming beat them in 2009! Ole Walrus boy is going to be on the hot seat soon.