Should Pat Hill be worried?

Discuss all MWC / Big West sports in this forum
BigWave96744
MLB: Yankees
NBA: Sixers
NFL: Dolphins

Should Pat Hill be worried?

#1 Post by BigWave96744 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:29 pm

I've been hearing that folks in Fresno have not been happy with Pat Hill inability to win the WAC and poor showing in bowl games..
As Fresno prepares to enter the MWC, Pat Hill better be concerned about his job security..

How you figgah?

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Should Pat Hill be worried?

#2 Post by J-Rod » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:48 pm

BigWave96744 wrote:I've been hearing that folks in Fresno have not been happy with Pat Hill inability to win the WAC and poor showing in bowl games..
As Fresno prepares to enter the MWC, Pat Hill better be concerned about his job security..

How you figgah?
Its hard to fire a coach that consistently wins 8 or 9 games a year. Who says FSU has the potential to be any better? They could plummet if Hill leaves. With that said, it seems Hill's ceiling is at 8-9 wins. They'll never do any better than that. I think this blowout loss to a MAC school could get him fired. Is it right? Probably not. Doesn't mean it won't happen.
Last edited by J-Rod on Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BigWave96744

#3 Post by BigWave96744 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:54 pm

I bet the FSU Message Boards are R-Rated now..

uhwarrior23
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Braves
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Pats

#4 Post by uhwarrior23 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:28 pm

J-Rod wrote:
BigWave96744 wrote:I've been hearing that folks in Fresno have not been happy with Pat Hill inability to win the WAC and poor showing in bowl games..

How you figgah?
Its hard to fire a coach that consistently wins 8 or 9 games a year. Who says FSU has the potential to be any better? They could plummet if Hill leaves. With that said, it seems Hill's ceiling is at 8-9 wins. They'll never do any better than that. I think this blowout loss to a MAC school could get him fired. Is it right? Probably not. Doesn't mean it won't happen.
Totally agree. Hill is going to get it from Fresno fans really bad this offseason. That is, if he remains @Fresno.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

#5 Post by madeinhawaii » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:01 pm

Pat Hill reminds me of Bob Wagner in his wins and losses. A good coach with more wins than losses. One outstanding win season... enough winning seasons to stay in the game... but not enough to rally the the multitudes. We all know what happened after Wagner was axed.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

#6 Post by J-Rod » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:06 pm

madeinhawaii wrote:Pat Hill reminds me of Bob Wagner in his wins and losses. A good coach with more wins than losses. One outstanding win season... enough winning seasons to stay in the game... but not enough to rally the the multitudes. We all know what happened after Wagner was axed.
Hmm........

uhwarrior23
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Braves
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Pats

#7 Post by uhwarrior23 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:25 pm

J-Rod wrote:
madeinhawaii wrote:Pat Hill reminds me of Bob Wagner in his wins and losses. A good coach with more wins than losses. One outstanding win season... enough winning seasons to stay in the game... but not enough to rally the the multitudes. We all know what happened after Wagner was axed.
Hmm........
Could Wyoming be getting some company at the bottom of the MWC in a few years? :-

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Seattle Seahawks

#8 Post by wyokie » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:33 pm

uhwarrior23 wrote:
J-Rod wrote:
Hmm........
Could Wyoming be getting some company at the bottom of the MWC in a few years? :-
We already do now in the form of CSU and UNLV.

BigWave96744

#9 Post by BigWave96744 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:20 am

Been reading that Fresno Fans are sick of Pat Hill's offense... Many are planning to boycott their season ticket renewals....
One possible candidate who they would like and has the FSU mentallity: former Texas Tech HC Mike Leach :o

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

#10 Post by J-Rod » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:09 am

BigWave96744 wrote:Been reading that Fresno Fans are sick of Pat Hill's offense... Many are planning to boycott their season ticket renewals....
One possible candidate who they would like and has the FSU mentallity: former Texas Tech HC Mike Leach :o
Not possible. Already hired at Maryland.

BigWave96744

#11 Post by BigWave96744 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:35 pm

J-Rod wrote:
BigWave96744 wrote:Been reading that Fresno Fans are sick of Pat Hill's offense... Many are planning to boycott their season ticket renewals....
Not possible. Already hired at Maryland.
Oh well they better renew their tickets...

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

#12 Post by madeinhawaii » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:16 am

How strange... I've always thought of Pat Hill as a Defense-minded coach.. but looking at his background, the offense is his specialty.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

BigWave96744

#13 Post by BigWave96744 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:28 am

madeinhawaii wrote:How strange... I've always thought of Pat Hill as a Defense-minded coach.. but looking at his background, the offense is his specialty.
I honestly feel Pat Hill would do good in the Big 12 where he could recruit the type of players for his smash mouth football .