Boise State vs Nevada - Thread & Guess the Score

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Boise State vs Nevada - Thread & Guess the Score

Post by J-Rod »

Well......I was predicting a 30-40 point win for Boise, until I found out that Colin Kraperdick guaranteed a win for Nevada this upcoming Friday. What an idiot....

I got Boise by 35-50 now.

MadCat88
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Guess the score: Boise State @ Nevada.

Post by MadCat88 »

Here's a fun exercise... guess the score of the upcoming Boise - Nevada game. Logically, Boise should win this one easily - they dominated the Warriors... and made Fresno look out and out stupid (although in the first qtr. Fresno looked crisp and in control for a spell). BUT... strange things have happened between those two teams in the past. I believe one of the most high scoring games - that was won by Boise by a few - in combined points was a Boise / Nevada game.

Although I hate to say this: The Warriors do have a bit of skin in this one... if Nevada could pull off an upset - that would leave the three top WAC teams with one loss each... and would have to SHARE the WAC title - no tie-breakers. I'm sure Nevada would like a piece of that championship, even though they can't own it outright. AND... this is all ironic since the four top ranked WAC teams will be fighting for the MWC championship in a couple of years too. What drama!!!

My brain says: Boise 42, Nevada 21.

My heart says: Nevada 21. Boise 17. (yes, a low scoring affair with lots of turnovers).

What say all of you???...

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Guess the score: Boise State @ Nevada.

Post by J-Rod »

Boise State - 52
Nevada - 13

Its not going to be close. Like Boise had been preparing for Hawaii all year, waiting to pounce on them, they have too been waiting for the Wolf Pack. This is a classic Boise State explosion game......Broncos by a mile.

viewtopic.php?f=10&p=454884

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

I wouldn't dismiss Nevada's chances. They know they can beat Boise State (2007 game where they almost won on the blue turf). But Boise is on a mission, so it's unlikely that they'd lose here.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Re: Boise State vs Nevada - Thread

Post by wyokie »

My prediction.....

63-3, Boise

BTW, a CSU kid earlier this week guaranteed a win over Wyoming. WYOMING 44, Fort Fudd State 0. Nuff said!

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

wyokie wrote:My prediction.....

63-3, Boise

BTW, a CSU kid earlier this week guaranteed a win over Wyoming. WYOMING 44, Fort Fudd State 0. Nuff said!
+1 The curse of the "guarantee" will continue!!!

.......That and curse of "Colin Kaepernick opening his big mouth"

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

gopunahou wrote:I wouldn't dismiss Nevada's chances. They know they can beat Boise State (2007 game where they almost won on the blue turf). But Boise is on a mission, so it's unlikely that they'd lose here.
you mean when kaepernick was an unknown quantity as a freshman and the broncos had tharp as a qb (who was nowhere near moore)?

yeah, not happening this time. if we cant get anything going, neither is nevada.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

uhwarrior23
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Braves
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Pats

Post by uhwarrior23 »

Colin Kaepernick is a first class IDIOT! Is this prediction on tape? I want to hear it for myself. Not surprised, though. Kaepernick is known for making dumb public comments! Reno has the pistol but Boise State an oozie! :lol: BSU runs Nevada outta Reno, 49-17!

shoichikun808
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by shoichikun808 »

I predict the score as

Boise State - 48

Nevada 14

I think that Boise can shut down Nevada's running game while continuing their own success on Offense....Especially if they look at how Hawaii was able to stop the Taua-Kap Combo. :P

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

Post by bigislandkurt »

Boise 55, Nevada 10

BIK
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Here are the results of the last 3 meetings between the 2 teams...

Nov 27, 2009 AT Boise State (W) 44 - 33
Nov 22, 2008 AT Nevada (W) 41 - 34
Oct 14, 2007 AT Boise State (W) 69 - 67

Geez.. 2 teams I hate to cheer for...
Nevada 48 - Boise St 45

glockguy
All-conference
All-conference

Re: Boise State vs Nevada - Thread & Guess the Score

Post by glockguy »

56-21 BSU

MadCat88
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by MadCat88 »

wyokie wrote:My prediction.....

63-3, Boise

Yea!!!... yeah I saw that one. Good win. Congrats to the Pokes. :hello1:

MadCat88
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by MadCat88 »

uhwarrior23 wrote:Colin Kaepernick is a first class IDIOT! Is this prediction on tape? I want to hear it for myself. Not surprised, though. Kaepernick is known for making dumb public comments! Reno has the pistol but Boise State an oozie! :lol: BSU runs Nevada outta Reno, 49-17!
I was "thinking" of basically the same score... but adjusted it down a bit to make my first (brain) prediction... but I'm hoping for a bit of self destruction (too hopped up... tense... BCS on the line stress...) on the part of Boise - and Nevada plays a decent game (hogs the ball - methodical clock eating drives), and exploits a number of Boise State "miscues" (fumbles deep in their own territory, etc...). So my "heart" is sticking with it's original prediction.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Boise State vs Nevada - Thread & Guess the Score

Post by madeinhawaii »

Boise 45... Nevada 3...

If Hawaii could get to Colin as often as we did... Boise will cut through their offensive line like a hot knife through butter. Nevada will get a turnover in the waning minutes and settle for a field goal.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com