** This is ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE Sports **

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
NiCkOwNsRTR
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Chicago White Sox
NBA: Oklahoma City Thunder
NFL: Indianapolis Colts

Re: ** This is ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE Sports **

Post by NiCkOwNsRTR »

SundayJam wrote:
NiCkOwNsRTR wrote:What a crazy year! Under normal circumstances, I would say Bama doesn't belong in the NCG, but there just isn't any question that the two best teams are LSU and Alabama. The only team that even has an argument is Stanford and they will also not win their conference.
Respectfully disagree.
Still, two good teams played.

The SEC is not the best conference.
It is simply another conference.
Don't get me wrong, I hate the system we have, and I wouldn't have had any objection to an any-team playoff. I wouldn't have had any problem with Bama playing Okla St and LSU playing Stanford for the opportunity to play in the game. I think, after seeing this teams live this year, they were the two best teams by far and it will show on draft day.

NiCkOwNsRTR
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by NiCkOwNsRTR »

"THE THIRD SATURDAY IN OCTOBER"

THE TIDE ROLLS!

Link

Link

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

BEAT THE VOLS!

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

Haha this will be no contest. Nobody will stay within 14 points of Bama for the remainder of the regular season. That Auburn game could become chaotic.

Good to see ya around Nick!

NiCkOwNsRTR
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by NiCkOwNsRTR »

When this thread started in 2006, you told me that in 2012, Alabama's biggest threats were LSU and Mississippi State, I wouldn't believe you. I don't think UT has the right coaching staff in place to grow UT into the program they want it to be again; however, that doesn't mean they can't sneak up on you. Lest we forget the game in Bama's '09 National Championship run...

Link

While it's true that Bama was up by two scores very late, they scored and got the onside kick.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

Go Tide, beat the Vowels.
ImageImage

OldBamaGuy
All-American
All-American

Post by OldBamaGuy »

This one for this weekend never gets old...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt2BAfhUHX0
ROLL TIDE - GO WARRIORS - ALL BLACKS

OldBamaGuy
All-American
All-American

Post by OldBamaGuy »

@Irse - We typically refer to them as the "Viles."
ROLL TIDE - GO WARRIORS - ALL BLACKS

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

Alabama vs Oregon - BCS Title Game.....any other game would fall well short of this matchup. Ludicrous speed vs. Ridiculous power.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

J-Rod wrote:Alabama vs Oregon - BCS Title Game.....any other game would fall well short of this matchup. Ludicrous speed vs. Ridiculous power.
As long as it's NOT SEC vs. SEC I'll be O.K. with it. Sheesh!!!!! :roll:

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Post by reignjah11 »

J-Rod wrote:Alabama vs Oregon - BCS Title Game.....any other game would fall well short of this matchup. Ludicrous speed vs. Ridiculous power.
i hope so! another good one the locals would enjoy is oregon vs notre dame (mariota vs te'o)

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Post by reignjah11 »

Uh oh #1 in big trouble! A&M up 20-0, Bama having difficulty with the quick tempo and mobility of manziel. Makes you wonder what oregon could do with a similar offense?

Red Gun
Starter
Starter
MLB: Royals
NBA: ---
NFL: All Warriors!!!

Post by Red Gun »

reignjah11 wrote:Uh oh #1 in big trouble! A&M up 20-0, Bama having difficulty with the quick tempo and mobility of manziel. Makes you wonder what oregon could do with a similar offense?
Now that Alabama has lost, Bill Snyder and K-State deserve a shot at the National Championship!!! No other coach in college football deserves it more!!! Go Wildcats!!!

NiCkOwNsRTR
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by NiCkOwNsRTR »

Am I dreaming? Is this what it felt like for my grandpa in the 70's? As great as Coach Bryant was, for Saban to dominate in today's game, has completely blown my mind. If he wins on January 7th, he will have 3 NC's in 4 seasons, and 4 NC's in last 8 seasons coached, all with 4 SEC titles to boot. I'll say it. If Saban wins on 7 Jan, he is the greatest coach in SEC history, without question. Even though Bryant has more NC's, the SEC was not as strong in the 60's and 70's, recruiting rules weren't as strict, and parity was nowhere near what it is today. We are so fortunate to have him on the sideline. I must say that, although I did think he'd rekindle the fire around here, I didn't think we'd be in 3 NC games in four years. And just to close, I think this season is his best coaching job yet, because this team is a shell of last year's team, with injuries to boot.

I know Manti plays on the other sideline, and I don't blame my Hawaii friends for supporting him, but this is Notre Dame for us, a hated old bitter rival :D I think this game is setting up to be a "barn burner." I don't see this as a runaway on either side. I see this game turning out like Bama-LSU, Bama-aTm, and Bama-UGA

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

NiCkOwNsRTR wrote:Am I dreaming? Is this what it felt like for my grandpa in the 70's? As great as Coach Bryant was, for Saban to dominate in today's game, has completely blown my mind. If he wins on January 7th, he will have 3 NC's in 4 seasons, and 4 NC's in last 8 seasons coached, all with 4 SEC titles to boot. I'll say it. If Saban wins on 7 Jan, he is the greatest coach in SEC history, without question. Even though Bryant has more NC's, the SEC was not as strong in the 60's and 70's, recruiting rules weren't as strict, and parity was nowhere near what it is today. We are so fortunate to have him on the sideline. I must say that, although I did think he'd rekindle the fire around here, I didn't think we'd be in 3 NC games in four years. And just to close, I think this season is his best coaching job yet, because this team is a shell of last year's team, with injuries to boot.

I know Manti plays on the other sideline, and I don't blame my Hawaii friends for supporting him, but this is Notre Dame for us, a hated old bitter rival :D I think this game is setting up to be a "barn burner." I don't see this as a runaway on either side. I see this game turning out like Bama-LSU, Bama-aTm, and Bama-UGA
LOL Yep, what Saban has done is simply phenomenal. I'm intrigued to see what happens in the near future. Bama has reached such a ludicrous high in college football, that people point and laugh at Bama when they don't win a national championship that season. How ridiculous is that? Typically, no matter how much of a juggernaut a program is, a BCSNC is still a once in a decade achievement at the very best. Potentially 3 in 4 years? That's unbelievable.

Gotta soak it all up though. Like you pointed out, its been 40 years since Bama won at this sort of ridiculous rate. Who knows though? Maybe Saban is building a dynasty that will be able to compare to John Wooden's UCLA dynasty from 1964'-1975'.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

Congrats Tide Fans! This dynasty is terrifying.