shout out

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
wayoutwest
Play Maker
Play Maker
MLB: Orioles

shout out

Post by wayoutwest »

yeah it's a hawaii sports forum, but i'd still like to send a shout out to my george washington colonials... ran their record to 20-1 today and should be heavily favored in their remaining six games. didn't look too great today, but this team is too deep and talented to not make it to at least the sweet 16.

not a bandwagoner... was attending games in 01-02 when all they had was chris monroe leading them to 12-win records. gw rules the dc area now (including maryland and gtown, who's actually afraid to schedule us). if they run the table i can see them getting a 2 or 3 seed. not getting as much fanfare as st.joe's did a few years ago. we'll see...

i think this is the first season i can definitively say gw is better than hawaii. even tried to make a case for hawaii last season... not the best argument in hindsight.

noasark2x2
Starter
Starter
MLB: Braves
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Ravens

Post by noasark2x2 »

Way to go way out west. I enjoy GW. I remember when Mike Jarvis was their coach and the became a power. Pop's got mad hops
Let's Go Bows

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

is George Washington becoming the next Gonzaga???
Small schools who are no longer considered Cinderella..

BKWarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by BKWarrior »

Your GW does well, while my St. Johns continues to lose it's prestige. Congrats, all the same
Forza Italia, campioni del mondo!

wayoutwest
Play Maker
Play Maker
MLB: Orioles

Post by wayoutwest »

pops indeed has hops.

you can expect a couple alley oops a game from gw, along with half a dozen dunks.

gw's nowhere near gonzaga status. they need sustained success in the postseason. if we can somehow keep coach karl hobbs, he can take us there. aside from that, the a-10 is much stronger than the wcc with teams like xavier, dayton, temple, charlotte, st. joes. gw's not that small (11000 undergrad to 4100 for gonzaga).

i wish hawaii could get gw's kind of athletes. hobbs already has four solid commitments for next season. how he attracts these kids to gw i'll never know.