Hearing for the MMA Bills

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
PCBoy
All-conference
All-conference
NBA: Miami Heat
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by PCBoy »

DATE:
Tuesday, February 7, 2006

TIME:
8:30 a.m.

PLACE:
Conference Room 325
State Capitol
415 South Beretania Street

HB 1963
RELATING TO NO RULES COMBAT.

Prohibits no rules, extreme, or ultimate combat.
TAC, JUD

HB 3223
RELATING TO MIXED MARTIAL ARTS.

Renames the state boxing commission as the state athletic commission; requires state athletic commission to regulate boxing and mixed martial arts contests; defines unarmed combat and mixed martial arts.
TAC, CPC/JUD

DECISION MAKING TO FOLLOW

PERSONS WISHING TO TESTIFY ARE REQUESTED TO SUBMIT 35 COPIES OF THEIR TESTIMONY AT LEAST 24 HOURS PRIOR TO THE HEARING TO: (1) THE TAC COMMITTEE'S VICE CHAIR IN ROOM 442, STATE CAPITOL, OR (2) THE HOUSE SGT.-AT-ARMS TESTIMONY DROP OFF BOX IN THE TURNAROUND AREA OF THE CAPITOL BASEMENT PARKING LOT. TESTIMONY MAY ALSO BE FAXED IF LESS THAN 5 PAGES IN LENGTH TO THE HOUSE SGT.-AT-ARMS OFFICE AT: 586-6501 (OAHU) OR 1-800-535-3859 (NEIGHBOR ISLANDS). WHEN FAXING, PLEASE INDICATE TO WHOM THE TESTIMONY IS BEING SUBMITTED, THE DATE AND TIME OF THE HEARING, AND THE REQUIRED NO. OF COPIES THAT IS NEEDED FOR SUBMITTAL.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CALL THE TAC COMMITTEE CLERK AT 586-6120.

If they pass this and they rename the state boxing commission as the state athletic commission, I see a bad future for MMA in Hawaii. Look what they did to the Golden Gloves boxing here! I think we either need an entirely new state athletic commission or a seperate mixed martial arts commission. Maybe with Egan Inoue or the Onzuka twins as the commish.

PCBoy
All-conference
All-conference
NBA: Miami Heat
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by PCBoy »

HB 1963 is DEAD \:D/ I was there for a little while today and there was no testimony in support of this bill. Not even Waters who intoduced the bill was there. JD Penn, BJ Penn, TJ Thompson, Ron Juhn, Mark Kurano, the Onzuka twins, Falaniko Vitale, Eddie Yagin, Mike Malone, Fighters Corner guys, Vince from Raze and Paul Honda were all in attendance. Some testified, some didn't. HB 3223 will be heard next week I think.