Kumoku Noa's brother SB Kanawai transfers to Nebraska

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
KanakaMaoli96792
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Kumoku Noa's brother SB Kanawai transfers to Nebraska

Post by KanakaMaoli96792 »

According to a sources, Kanawai Noa is looking to transfer to Hawaii.

If true, this would be solid.

Eo Na Toa...

PrideRockFB
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: Kanawai Noa

Post by PrideRockFB »

Noa and Tuileta!?! Man that would be awesome, They were such a great duo in high school. Hope its true

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

If Kanawai wants to come home I see no problem and would welcome him to be a Warrior. Just make sure that braddah holds onto the ball and he's good to go!
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Kumoku Noa's brother SB Kanawai grad transfer from Cal with 1 to play 1

Post by kapakahi »

Tried to get scholarship transfer release from Cal back before the 2016 season but was denied by then HC Sonny Dykes.....but now will be grad transfer by summer......so maybe a possibility to play for UH this coming 2019 season.....

Also a former Cal Bear teammate with incoming SB signee Melquise Stovall....

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtCk6D0nQiQ/

Link

Link

Link
https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Kan ... 560334.php
https://collegesportsmaven.io/cal/news/ ... Ctk3x1aJw/
https://calbears.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=12224

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

PrideRockFB wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:22 pm Noa and Tuileta!?! Man that would be awesome, They were such a great duo in high school. Hope its true
Tuileta? He's gone.

I hope he comes and walks on. I think we have bigger holes to fill than to use one of our 25 initials we're allowed every year.
ImageImage

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Irse wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:23 am
PrideRockFB wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:22 pm Noa and Tuileta!?! Man that would be awesome, They were such a great duo in high school. Hope its true
Tuileta? He's gone.

I hope he comes and walks on. I think we have bigger holes to fill than to use one of our 25 initials we're allowed every year.
LOL that initial post was from 3 years ago.

Irse

Post by Irse »

My3Cats wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:45 am
Irse wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:23 am
Tuileta? He's gone.

LOL that initial post was from 3 years ago.
LOL. I didn't even notice that.
ImageImage

uhwarriors

Re: Kumoku Noa's brother SB Kanawai grad transfer from Cal with 1 to play 1

Post by uhwarriors »

Too bad Sonny Dykes didn't allow Kanawai to transfer back 3 years ago when he wanted to. That can't happen anymore with the new transfer rules.

Kanawai would be an asset but he only has 1 to play 1. More importantly he can't transfer until he graduates so he won't have spring practice to learn the offense. At this point, it might be better to take a 5 to play 4 high school receiver like Lincoln Victor or 4 to play 3 JC guy.

Irse

Post by Irse »

uhwarriors wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:37 pm Too bad Sonny Dykes didn't allow Kanawai to transfer back 3 years ago when he wanted to. That can't happen anymore with the new transfer rules.

Kanawai would be an asset but he only has 1 to play 1. More importantly he can't transfer until he graduates so he won't have spring practice to learn the offense. At this point, it might be better to take a 5 to play 4 high school receiver like Lincoln Victor or 4 to play 3 JC guy.
Definitely. I don't know how much he would really be able to contribute at this point.
ImageImage

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers

Post by Palolo_2LA »

Irse wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:57 am
uhwarriors wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:37 pm Too bad Sonny Dykes didn't allow Kanawai to transfer back 3 years ago when he wanted to. That can't happen anymore with the new transfer rules.

Definitely. I don't know how much he would really be able to contribute at this point.
It is clear that he could contribute on special teams and as a slot since he's played in 4 wide offensive schemes in HS and college. He's a stud slot and can be used with jet sweep stuff too. He's a bigger version of Ursua, but is tougher going across the middle IMO.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

Irse

Post by Irse »

Palolo_2LA wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:31 pm

It is clear that he could contribute on special teams and as a slot since he's played in 4 wide offensive schemes in HS and college. He's a stud slot and can be used with jet sweep stuff too. He's a taller version of Ursua, but is tougher going across the middle IMO.
Not all 4 wide schemes are the same. The RnS is sight adjusted, there are no set routes. It's all determined according to what the D does. So he has to read the same thing as the QB and that is where problems can arise and it takes time to adjusted. Usually takes about a year. Ward picked it up fast and the only other receiver that I remember that picked it up quickly was Uso back in about 2001.
ImageImage

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Irse wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:37 pm

It is clear that he could contribute on special teams and as a slot since he's played in 4 wide offensive schemes in HS and college. He's a stud slot and can be used with jet sweep stuff too. He's a taller version of Ursua, but is tougher going across the middle IMO.
Not all 4 wide schemes are the same. The RnS is sight adjusted, there are no set routes. It's all determined according to what the D does. So he has to read the same thing as the QB and that is where problems can arise and it takes time to adjusted. Usually takes about a year. Ward picked it up fast and the only other receiver that I remember that picked it up quickly was Uso back in about 2001.
Tafiti Uso started off slowly, but eventually worked his way into being a second half starter over Justin Colbert, who started the games. Quite impressive because he had only his senior year to work with JJ's offense. Of course that was Rolo's senior year too and the wide receiver corps was awesome.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

My3Cats wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:28 am

Tafiti Uso started off slowly, but eventually worked his way into being a second half starter over Justin Colbert, who started the games. Quite impressive because he had only his senior year to work with JJ's offense. Of course that was Rolo's senior year too and the wide receiver corps was awesome.
In the RNS, slotbacks have more routes and route adjustments than the wide receivers and thus is the more difficult position to learn. Both Uso and Ward played the wide receiver position.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers

Post by Palolo_2LA »

uhwarriors wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:41 am
My3Cats wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:28 am
In the RNS, slotbacks have more routes and route adjustments than the wide receivers and thus is the more difficult position to learn. Both Uso and Ward played the wide receiver position.
Its true that in the RnS WRs run option routes, but I've seen predefined routes in Rolo's version and other wrinkles. My point is this kid has experience in spread offenses, which thought him about all the routes, finding holes in defenses and making tough catches cross the middle at the slot position.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

I'm not big on 1 to play 1 receivers unless they are projected to start.

We should be ok with starters. Backup receivers don't get to play and contribute much and the bigger statement that we would be making is that our WR recruiting sucks and they are bot progressing. We should have some younger recruits that should be suitable backups and they will need playing time and reps. Dropping a 1 and done in the mix will take playing time and reps away.

A better option would be finding a Ward or Byrd JC type recruit with 2 for 2 or 3 for 3 would be better.