***OFFICIAL THREAD- NBA 2018 to 2019***

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

***OFFICIAL THREAD- NBA 2018 to 2019***

Post by ubercow »

Now's a good time to start a thread as any.
Lebron joins the lakers on a 4-year $153.3m contract. I'd say the lakers with it's current roster would probably be 8th or out of the playoffs in the west.

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: ***OFFICIAL THREAD- NBA 2018 to 2019***

Post by ubercow »

lance stevenson and javale mcgee now headed to lakers.

+rajon rondo (7/2)

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ubercow »

gsw picked up boogie for 1y 5.3m. haha

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

ubercow wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:50 pm Now's a good time to start a thread as any.
Lebron joins the lakers on a 4-year $153.3m contract. I'd say the lakers with it's current roster would probably be 8th or out of the playoffs in the west.
:D WOW....starting the new thread in July.....I would agree with you on the Lakers good fortune on landing LeBron.....but, I think this is fool's gold. He's in LA for other business interest....he's got nothing to prove as to his legacy in the NBA. He will be considered as one of the all-time greats. :read: :hello1:
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

ubercow wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:28 pm gsw picked up boogie for 1y 5.3m. haha
:o My concern is that......boogie can dance, but can he run with the Warriors? 2 fast breaks from Curry and Durant, and BOOGIE is DONE! :lol: :lol:
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ubercow »

Mr.EDGE808 wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:12 am
ubercow wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:28 pm gsw picked up boogie for 1y 5.3m. haha
:o My concern is that......boogie can dance, but can he run with the Warriors? 2 fast breaks from Curry and Durant, and BOOGIE is DONE! :lol: :lol:
he can grab the rebound and let everyone else run. thought he might go to the lakers, and I would have gave them the nickname 'lebron and the misfits'. since he's headed to gsw I'll call them the 'golden snake warriors'.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

ubercow wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:50 pm Now's a good time to start a thread as any.
I think they'll be one of the top 4 in the west. I think LeBron will elevate everyone else's game.
ImageImage

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

Irse wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:48 am
I think they'll be one of the top 4 in the west. I think LeBron will elevate everyone else's game.
:o TOP 4 in the WEST for the Lakers? WOW, ubercow that's bold....so there's HOUSTON, GWS, SPURs, JAZZ, BLAZERs, to me ahead of the Lakers now....I would say the Lakers are 6 or 7 seed in the West. :-

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ubercow »

Mr.EDGE808 wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:42 am
Irse wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:48 am
:o TOP 4 in the WEST for the Lakers? WOW, ubercow that's bold....so there's HOUSTON, GWS, SPURs, JAZZ, BLAZERs, to me ahead of the Lakers now....I would say the Lakers are 6 or 7 seed in the West. :-
I couldn't say they would be definitely better than the thunder, pelicans, or minnesota. maybe pelicans minus rondo, depending on who new orleans pick up as a pg. if they pick up a top level talent like kawhi, or dame, and lebron doesn't have to stay on the court for 40+ minutes a game to get wins, I'd possibly put them between 3 and 5.

bandits1
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by bandits1 »

ubercow wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:03 amI couldn't say they would be definitely better than the thunder, pelicans, or minnesota. maybe pelicans minus rondo, depending on who new orleans pick up as a pg. if they pick up a top level talent like kawhi, or dame, and lebron doesn't have to stay on the court for 40+ minutes a game to get wins, I'd possibly put them between 3 and 5.
The Pels have Holiday at PG, and he's one of the best two-way guards in the league. He played off the ball much more last season because Rondo can't shoot for sh!t.

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ubercow »

bandits1 wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:48 pm
ubercow wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:03 amI couldn't say they would be definitely better than the thunder, pelicans, or minnesota. maybe pelicans minus rondo, depending on who new orleans pick up as a pg. if they pick up a top level talent like kawhi, or dame, and lebron doesn't have to stay on the court for 40+ minutes a game to get wins, I'd possibly put them between 3 and 5.
The Pels have Holiday at PG, and he's one of the best two-way guards in the league. He played off the ball much more last season because Rondo can't shoot for sh!t.
that's true, they have 20m to pick up players with their losses, and new orleans is a reasonably interesting city a player might want to go to. could be interesting.

parker left for the hornets today, spurs is going to have a really new look next year esp if they trade kawhi

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

With LBJ, you know what you are getting.

With Kawhi, does anyone know? Everyone is calling him the best two way player or he is the top 2-3, depending on where you place KD.

He was suppose to be hurt. Ok, lets say it wasn't that bad (as Parker called him out). He has not play competitive basketball in how many months. Basketball is also a game of feel.

And by keeping "quiet" he lost like 80 million dollars.

Now, he is not showing up for USA minicamp?

It's ok for guys to keep quiet and on the DL. Talk to the press, give Pops a (it's ok, we cool) hug, call it done, and get back to basketball.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

:lol: I find the off- season antics of Drama by everyone in the league is kind of like the "Housewife" franchise shows.... :roll:

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ubercow »

ready for the new season. early on, most interested in seeing how luka doncic is going to do and also how that laker team full of new parts is going to play.

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ubercow »

lakers doing a lot better than I thought they were going to, and luka is killing it as a rookie

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrKM7pnFOLb/