Keala Santiago to transfer

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
honu888
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Re: Keala Santiago to transfer

Post by honu888 »

Oh well, that's the circle of life with athletics. We get some and we lose some. At least they were all humble on how they announced their departures and not bad mouthing the W/L record or Coaches etc... Best of luck with everyone of them and thanks for their contributions to the program. I'm sure they put in a lot of blood, sweat and tears like everyone else. Mahalo!

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

shrek2 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:36 am
Irse wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:26 am
shrek2 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:30 am The transfer of all these players may say something about the coaching staff and/or the team prospects. Good or bad?
If it was that bad, then I think Tavai would have gone pro.
My thoughts on Tavai is that he had a better sophomore year than junior year. He's got a better chance by doing good in his senior year. By making the top three rounds, he has a chance for a million dollar contract rather than the NFL minimum. So I guess in answer to my question, the transfer of players is not a sign of a sinking ship?
Personally, I don't think we have a sinking ship. I think each guy has a different reason for leaving.
ImageImage

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

Other than Dru Brown, I don't think any of the other players who left are indicative of anything major.

BowTow
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by BowTow »

That was a nice politically correct statement reason for leaving given by Keala. Anyone know the real reason(s) why he's leaving?

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

BowTow wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:59 pm That was a nice politically correct statement reason for leaving given by Keala. Anyone know the real reason(s) why he's leaving?
Maybe it's the instability of our coaching staff, we have gone through a lot of different DC's with NC and Rolo.
plus our position coaches as well keep changing. this is just my guess

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

If constant change is something he does not like, then going to a new program will be a bigger change. A new system, new people, new personality, and new zip code. Lot of players get shafted in the program. Look at guys like Woolsey.

Staying may often be better than leaving.

Yes, he lost the starting job. Can't recall much highlights. But we will forever remember his trick play.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

One quick memory. Recall the Wagner era. Hekoti Fakava was the starting back. No question. Beast of a runner.

Then there was Ren Frias. Too short, too small. When the game was a blowout, Wagner would put Frias as the RB. A few times, OL would throw Frias over the pile, TD. It was easier that way.

I don't know the stats, but I believe Frias got 3 TD as a career stat. Those memories for Frias, and fans, will remember for a lifetime.

Point is, sometimes, not playing create greater and more lasting memories.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

cabanalane wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:04 am One quick memory. Recall the Wagner era. Hekoti Fakava was the starting back. No question. Beast of a runner.

Then there was Ren Frias. Too short, too small. When the game was a blowout, Wagner would put Frias as the RB. A few times, OL would throw Frias over the pile, TD. It was easier that way.

I don't know the stats, but I believe Frias got 3 TD as a career stat. Those memories for Frias, and fans, will remember for a lifetime.

Point is, sometimes, not playing create greater and more lasting memories.
I recall Ren was out of Moanalua and was about 5'4" but super fast and yes was tossed to the house :)