Dru Brown Commits to Oklahoma State

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Re: Dru Brown Commits to Oklahoma State

Post by shrek2 »

I think Dru had too many fumbles in 2016 that's why they told him to eat it in 2017. I notice that Milton has the same problem last year but he was much quicker to recover and also Milton could take a hit with someone in his face. Milton does not seem to have slowed down this year as he still seems to be running as much as he did last year. I compare Milton with Dru since they're both 5'11. Yeah, I like your beer goggles analogy and there may be some truth to that. Lastly, I don't think Dru will step on the field athough they listed him as #2 on the depth chart since the only two quarterbacks that played was Cornelius Taylor 6'6 and second stringer Wudtree 6'4. If they really thought Brown was going to contribute, they would have had him mop up the first game of the season. I wonder if they brought Brown over for some other reason like trying to recruit Hawaii kids?

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

shrek2 wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:24 pm I think Dru had too many fumbles in 2016 that's why they told him to eat it in 2017. I notice that Milton has the same problem last year but he was much quicker to recover and also Milton could take a hit with someone in his face. Milton does not seem to have slowed down this year as he still seems to be running as much as he did last year. I compare Milton with Dru since they're both 5'11. Yeah, I like your beer goggles analogy and there may be some truth to that. Lastly, I don't think Dru will step on the field athough they listed him as #2 on the depth chart since the only two quarterbacks that played was Cornelius Taylor 6'6 and second stringer Wudtree 6'4. If they really thought Brown was going to contribute, they would have had him mop up the first game of the season. I wonder if they brought Brown over for some other reason like trying to recruit Hawaii kids?
If they wanted to recruit locals, they needed to bring over a local. Not someone from the mainland.
ImageImage

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Irse wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:59 pm
If they wanted to recruit locals, they needed to bring over a local. Not someone from the mainland.
For one thing, no Hawaii kid would host a kid from Hawaii unless they really believed in the program and stayed there for 2-4 years. But I can see OSU pressuring Brown to host a Hawaii kid and telling them about the negatives about Hawaii and the positives about OSU. Far fetched, but I have no clue why they would give an undersized quarterback (according to their QB selection criteria) and give him a scholarship and not play him.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

I get it. They thought that Dru was the second coming of Baker Mayfield. After watching Baker Mayfield with Cleveland, he is darn good but still an inch or two taller than Dru. He came out of nowhere as a walkon to Oklahoma and won the Heisman.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

They brought him over to provide experience at that position. They did not know how Taylor would pan out. I remember a coach saying that Dru was still learning their offense. They obviously did not need Dru this season. It would be interesting to see what happens after this season. I think Dru has a redshirt year but will they use a schollie on him?
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

According to the 2019 depth chart Dru is the starting QB.
https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-d ... tate/91579
They play tonight against Oregon State at 4:30pm HT. Oklahoma is favored by 16.5.

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

shrek2 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:18 pm According to the 2019 depth chart Dru is the starting QB.
They play tonight against Oregon State at 4:30pm HT. Oklahoma is favored by 16.5.
They are starting with Sanders wonder if they
Will play both?

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

ulua wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:52 pm
shrek2 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:18 pm According to the 2019 depth chart Dru is the starting QB.
They are starting with Sanders wonder if they
Will play both?
Didn't happen. Sanders is a good runner. I heard the competition was 1-2 in the Spring so I thought with the depth chart showing his name first, he might start but I don't think that was going to happen. Too much talent in OkST. They had the second string in the fourth quarter for OKSt.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Went in on the last 2 snaps of the game, handed the ball off twice then game over

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

BigWave96744 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:16 am Went in on the last 2 snaps of the game, handed the ball off twice then game over
You think they would let him play the fourth quarter when it was out of reach and let him throw a couple of times since Spencer Sanders was a game day decision.

stranger_808
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by stranger_808 »

Dru's starting in OSU's bowl game against Texas A&M. Passed for 1 TD and ran for one so far. Dru started the last 2 OSU games because the starter got injured.
No mattah how critical, I support our Warrior players.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Dru still can't make the mid-range to long pass accurately. I guess he got his dream though to play 3 games for OSU. Short passes he was accurate. They brought in Spencer for the short yardage game but it was a mistake because everybody expected a quarterback run.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

So was it worth it for Dru Brown? He give up the starting job. The starting job went to a guy that now may/most-likely/we hope will get a shot at the NFL.

Everyone get chance, but we can say the chances of Dru Brown playing professionally is zero.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

cabanalane wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:07 am So was it worth it for Dru Brown? He give up the starting job. The starting job went to a guy that now may/most-likely/we hope will get a shot at the NFL.

Everyone get chance, but we can say the chances of Dru Brown playing professionally is zero.
He might have lost the starting poistion. He didn't seem to like the RnS offense.
ImageImage

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Dru Brown never looked like he was willing to take a hit at QB. Every time somebody was rushing and going to hit him, he turned his shoulders in and not following through on the accuracy of the throw. It almost looked like he was protecting broken ribs. I noticed that at Hawaii and then when he played in the Bowl game for OSU. I'm glad he left since I don't think anybody really knew how good Cole was going to be in his Sophomore year. It would have just cluttered the on offense.