Dru Brown Commits to Oklahoma State

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Re: Dru Brown Commits to Oklahoma State

Post by wyokie »

shrek2 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:10 pm OSU is close to Ponca City. He can go to Wednesday night bingo at the reservation. Big deal in that area. He can also start to collect green stamps at the local supermarkets fill up those stamp books for towels and sheets or other housewares. One thing you gotta be aware of is there's a lot of tornados in the area.
And earthquakes due to fracking.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Dru Brown Transferring

Post by RedZone »

J-Rod wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:47 pm Geez, their QB depth is insane. He has very little chance of playing. He must have really wanted out. The more this develops, the more I expect a freshman to start for UH next season.
Could happen at OSU too. They have one of the best Texas qbs coming out of high school next season. What will hurt Dru is joing the team in the summer. If the OSU coaches aren’t happy with any of their qbs coming out of spring he may have a small chance. I see him as a player with a lot of game time experience. Would be a good backup. They have one of the best OCs over there so Dru should learn a lot if he has coaching in his future.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

under Brian Smith, Dru was never given the opportunity to grow as a QB, IMO. All of the RPO's and ROs were not options at all. Dru was told to hand it off and when to run with it. Read option, my okole. Dru's a savvy QB, the dude will do well in whatever he chooses to do. If I were in Dru's shoe, I would have left too.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

stranger808 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:04 am under Brian Smith, Dru was never given the opportunity to grow as a QB, IMO. All of the RPO's and ROs were not options at all. Dru was told to hand it off and when to run with it. Read option, my okole. Dru's a savvy QB, the dude will do well in whatever he chooses to do. If I were in Dru's shoe, I would have left too.
I agree that the OC was a big reason for the stagnant offense. Could not covert 3rd downs, could not move the ball down the field, no change up in the offense, really weak on the 2 minute offense. I think though, that Dru Brown will be a walk-on for the scout team at OSU. I have not heard anywhere that he has received a scholarship. He could either be a senior losing his job to a younger player at Hawaii or tackling dummy at a major school. In one case, he would get respect at Hawaii but it would be tough for the ego and in the other case he will be a no-name QB. I would have chosen Hawaii because the culture is more similar to the west coast than Oklahoma. Short hair works a lot better in Oklahoma and the surrounding states than does long hair. Also there is the factor of goodwill which Shoji alluded to. Hawaii gave him a chance and he left.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Well OKSt signed 25 and none named Dru Brown.
BUT they did sign a 4* Dual Threat QB from Texas who committed back in 2016

Code: Select all

Name Pos. Ht. Wt. Exp. Hometown/Previous School   
Hunter Anthony OL 6-7 320 Fr. Tuttle, Okla./Tuttle
Blake Barron LB 6-0 225 Fr. Rockwall, Texas/Rockwall
Jarrick Bernard S 6-2 200 Fr. Shreveport, La./Evangel Christian
Bryce Bray OL 6-5 310 Fr. Bixby, Okla./Bixby
JayVeon Cardwell CB 6-0 175 Fr. Cibolo, Texas/Steele
Braden Cassity DL 6-2 240 Fr. Austin, Texas/Westlake
Jacob Farrell OL 6-6 285 Fr. Sulphur, Okla./Sulphur
Sean Michael Flanagan S 6-2 185 Fr. Charleston, Ark./Charleston
Amadou Fofana DL 6-4 280 Jr. Memphis, Tenn./Mitchell/Highland C.C. (KS)
Jahmyl Jeter RB 6-0 210 Fr. San Antonio, Texas/Brennan
Tyler Lacy DE 6-4 240 Fr. Sachse, Texas/Sachse
Gabe Lemons CB 6-2 175 Fr. Prosper, Texas/Coppell
Tanner McCalister CB 5-11 180 Fr. Heath, Texas/Rockwall-Heath
Patrick McKaufman WR 6-6 190 RSo. Oklahoma City, Okla./Northeastern Oklahoma
C.J. Moore WR 6-5 175 Fr. Tulsa, Okla/Union
Kolby Peel LB 6-0 210 Fr. College Station, Texas/A&M Consolidated
Jake Ross CW 6-6 240 Jr. Coweta, Okla./Northeastern Oklahoma
Spencer Sanders QB 6-2 195 Fr. Denton, Texas/Ryan
Mike Scott DE 6-5 240 RJr. Irving, Texas/Nimitz/SMU/Trinity Valley
Jonathan Shepherd WR 6-4 195 Fr. Kilgore, Texas/Kilgore
Jason Taylor II S 6-2 180 Fr. Oklahoma City, Okla./Carl Albert
Samuela Tuihalamaka DL 6-2 290 Fr. Riverside, Calif./Mater Dei
Kanion Williams S 6-2 180 Fr. Dallas, Texas/South Oak Cliff
Tyrese Williams OL 6-3 285 Fr. Houston, Texas/Cypress Ridge
Hunter Woodard OL 6-5 295 Fr. Tuscola, Ill./Tuscola

Egonator
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: Brewers/Rays
NBA: Jazz/Timberwolves
NFL: Vikings/Bills

Brown to Transfer to Oklahoma State

Post by Egonator »

Saw it on Star Advertiser. Say what you want about him but he guided UH to a Bowl win and won MVP Honors for the Game. I wish him the best

http://www.staradvertiser.com/2018/02/0 ... aff9210a88

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

shrek2 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:02 pm
stranger808 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:04 am under Brian Smith, Dru was never given the opportunity to grow as a QB, IMO. All of the RPO's and ROs were not options at all. Dru was told to hand it off and when to run with it. Read option, my okole. Dru's a savvy QB, the dude will do well in whatever he chooses to do. If I were in Dru's shoe, I would have left too.
I agree that the OC was a big reason for the stagnant offense. Could not covert 3rd downs, could not move the ball down the field, no change up in the offense, really weak on the 2 minute offense. I think though, that Dru Brown will be a walk-on for the scout team at OSU. I have not heard anywhere that he has received a scholarship. He could either be a senior losing his job to a younger player at Hawaii or tackling dummy at a major school. In one case, he would get respect at Hawaii but it would be tough for the ego and in the other case he will be a no-name QB. I would have chosen Hawaii because the culture is more similar to the west coast than Oklahoma. Short hair works a lot better in Oklahoma and the surrounding states than does long hair. Also there is the factor of goodwill which Shoji alluded to. Hawaii gave him a chance and he left.
I think we both agree that Dru won't be an NFL pick anytime soon. lol. But maybe Dru is looking for more exposure, contacts as a future coach, or maybe he just liked the academics? IDK, just throwing it out there.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

Based on my reading of the NCAA rules manual, a grad transfer scholarship does not appear to be an initial and thus would not count against the 25 initial max. It would only count against the 85 max.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Stranger808, I guess I've lived around that area near Oklahoma and I can't see where its going to buy him more exposure to become a D-I coach. I can only hope for his sake they have a good academic program for what he wants to do. Chris Petersen was the quarterback out of UC Davis. IMHO, being a QB out of a small school on the west coast would have suited him better. Especially with UC Davis' system of using the passing game to control field position or some other school that needed a passing QB. Davis is only 2 hours (maybe 3) out of Los Altos. Nah, I think there is something underlying that we might not figure out here which could have been ego or inability to deal with a disenchanted public or family pressure to try to prove doubting Hawaii fans wrong. Dr J once said that when you fly with the eagles, people want to take pot shots at you. You either have to be able to deal with negative fans or don't try to shoot for the stars. In any case, I hope he succeeds in his future endeavors.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

You know, I don't have a problem with this transfer but I do have a problem that he represented Hawaii the MWC pre-season bash at Las Vegas last year after only one year at UH and he obviously was not bleeding green. He got the miles, hotel and food at UH's expense.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Dru is listed #2 on the depth chart and for the life of me I can't figure out how it got that way. His only competitive starting time might be against the opening game against Missouri State. He is listed above a 6'2 QB out of Texas at #3 and ranked 4-star. Did I miss something when I was watching him last year?

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

shrek2 wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:09 pm Dru is listed #2 on the depth chart and for the life of me I can't figure out how it got that way. His only competitive starting time might be against the opening game against Missouri State. He is listed above a 6'2 QB out of Texas at #3 and ranked 4-star. Did I miss something when I was watching him last year?
After watching Cole tear it up, and hoping that he can continue with the hot hand (and feet), I'm sure glad that Dru decided to transfer.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

My3Cats wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:58 pm
shrek2 wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:09 pm Dru is listed #2 on the depth chart and for the life of me I can't figure out how it got that way. His only competitive starting time might be against the opening game against Missouri State. He is listed above a 6'2 QB out of Texas at #3 and ranked 4-star. Did I miss something when I was watching him last year?
After watching Cole tear it up, and hoping that he can continue with the hot hand (and feet), I'm sure glad that Dru decided to transfer.
To be honest Cats, I thought they should have played Cole the last three games last year. But +1 to your statement about Dru. It really felt like we didn't have a backup all year last year and this year Cole shows up and it really feels like it would have been nice to see him pass like Makoa Kamase-Stevens in 2016 in the earlier games in 2017 when they only let him run.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Maybe my eyes didn't deceive me last year as the recent game with OSU over MSU, Keondre Wudtree took a few reps after the first string QB. He is 6'4 and RS Soph. So I have no clue as to why they brought in Brown since waiting in the wings is a true freshman, 4 star recruit behind the two qb's that played against MSU.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

shrek2 wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:50 pm
My3Cats wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:58 pm
To be honest Cats, I thought they should have played Cole the last three games last year. But +1 to your statement about Dru. It really felt like we didn't have a backup all year last year and this year Cole shows up and it really feels like it would have been nice to see him pass like Makoa Kamase-Stevens in 2016 in the earlier games in 2017 when they only let him run.
Shrek you not the only one who wanted to see more Cole last year. Something about Dru gave Rolo beer goggles then, and OSU coaches beer goggles this year. Not to put Dru down since he was a Warrior for 2 seasons, but in that OSU offense, wait until he runs the ball and see how many times he puts it on the turf. Rolo didn't let Dru keep the ball very much last year compared to the year before.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.