Dru Brown Commits to Oklahoma State

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
gpmcconnell
Pine rider
Pine rider

Re: Dru Brown Transferring

Post by gpmcconnell »

Good for Dave Shoji, just followed him on twitter

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

WarriorTyme wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:10 am It's nothing new that Hawaii has some young men transferring because of coaching/scheme changes, losing record, wanting to play in front of family, fan base is very opinionated, breaking rules, medical concerns, pursuing a different college degree or changing sport just to name a few reasons. This statement sounds like Chow era but it's not. Thats because history repeats itself and this is common to have players leave football programs for various reasons. I would just thank them for being Hawaii Warriors and Good Luck in their future endeavors.
I agree. the fact that he's graduating makes it easy for me to wish him farewell and not think too much about it.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

BigWave96744 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:11 pm WOW!!!!!
Coach is loyal to the soil :hello1: https://twitter.com/DaveShoji/status/955652679832813568
LMAO... nice timing after I read another post. :D

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

J-Rod wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:52 am
BigWave96744 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:35 am I wonder what school "close to home" ie NorCal is in need of a QB? Not SJSU who starter was a RSFr.
Not Fresno St as they got McMaryon returning. Not Nevada or UNLV they are set at QB, and Def not any PAC12 teams.

Good luck Dru, mahalo for your 2 years.
Cal Poly, UC-Davis? Close to home...he doesn't have many (or any?) options at the FBS level.
He can go to a team. It doesn’t mean he is going to start.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

nostra_808
Starter
Starter

Post by nostra_808 »

Does the MWC have rules about transferring within the conference?

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

nostra_808 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:39 pm Does the MWC have rules about transferring within the conference?
MWC requires sitting out one year without an athletic scholarship and the loss of one year of eligibility for intra-conference transfers. I'm not sure if this rule applies to graduate transfers. But if it does, it would effectly preclude a senior to be from transfering to another MWC school. It's not quite as harsh as the old WAC rule which required sitting out two years.

nostra_808
Starter
Starter

Post by nostra_808 »

uhwarriors wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:43 pm
nostra_808 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:39 pm Does the MWC have rules about transferring within the conference?
MWC requires sitting out one year without an athletic scholarship and the loss of one year of eligibility for intra-conference transfers. I'm not sure if this rule applies to graduate transfers. But if it does, it would effectly preclude a senior to be from transfering to another MWC school. It's not quite as harsh as the old WAC rule which required sitting out two years.
lol ok, i was wondering about the 2 year thing, cause i remember that. I tried googling it before i thought about mentioning it and couldnʻt find anything about it. I knew i wasnʻt crazy!! lol

gpmcconnell
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by gpmcconnell »

Any updates on any visits he has planned?

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

gpmcconnell wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:32 am Any updates on any visits he has planned?
Rumors of interest from a Pac-12 school and SEC school.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Preferred walkon at best at a Power 5 school. Too short, too slow and not a deep pass threat with one year to go.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

DB would be a good back up QB for any powerhouse team.

The Starting QB normally don't leave. Every guy wants to play. Not every guy gets to play. I would think it was Brown's job to loose no matter what Offense Rolo is installing. Whatever his reasons are, got to be deeper than football.

Garrett Gabriel was recruited by Tomey, as the top local high school QB. You have to take him. He ran Wagner's Option, did well, but was hardly the Options QB.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

Going to Oklahoma State. Close to home, huh?
ImageImage

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

I think his aspirations is to coach at the college level and probably did not see any opportunities in Hawaii. I don't think we will see him on the field for Oklahoma State. So the real question is, what was his reason for leaving?

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

Geez, their QB depth is insane. He has very little chance of playing. He must have really wanted out. The more this develops, the more I expect a freshman to start for UH next season.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Dru Brown Commits to Oklahoma State

Post by shrek2 »

OSU is close to Ponca City. He can go to Wednesday night bingo at the reservation. Big deal in that area. He can also start to collect green stamps at the local supermarkets fill up those stamp books for towels and sheets or other housewares. One thing you gotta be aware of is there's a lot of tornados in the area.