Collie being recruited by Vanderbilt & BYU

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Collie being recruited by Vanderbilt & BYU

Post by Irse »

ImageImage

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Collie transferring

Post by RedZone »

Good luck to Collie.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

Nisei
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Padres

Post by Nisei »

bummer

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Interesting that he chose to divide his interest from his family's: "It's in mine and my family's best interest..." He has decided that has he? I know I'm being a bit of a grammar dick, but is this the best way that a graduate from my university can express his desire to leave the program? Good luck finding a start at 5'10" and a hundred and nothing in your senior year.

ewabeach76
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by ewabeach76 »

He was garbage anyway. Thanks for leaving. That just opens up a spot for someone to prove themselves

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

He actually reminded me a lot of guys like Dash and Larry Beil. And I bet he could have had a career reporting Sports in Hawaii. If not, he often talk like a Coach. Maybe GA position at UH. I thought he would be one of those guys from the mainland, and then fell in love with Hawaii. His production went down a bit, but I like his game, attitude, and spirit. He was a Chow guy so I can see how he may not fit in. It must be more of the new plan for UH. Like the above, Rolo is probably going to go with bigger, faster receiver guys. But good point, not sure what team is going to pick up a 5'10" senior that is rather average in play.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Counter point. Because he is 5'10" and know that their isn't a future in the NFL, so good move on his part in choose to go to graduate school. If they are going to be paying his tuition, might as well pick a good school for that Masters degree. Yes, he is a smart guy. So best for him and his family. Smart move. There's a lot more than football.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

cabanalane wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:16 am Counter point. Because he is 5'10" and know that their isn't a future in the NFL, so good move on his part in choose to go to graduate school. If they are going to be paying his tuition, might as well pick a good school for that Masters degree. Yes, he is a smart guy. So best for him and his family. Smart move. There's a lot more than football.
I agree about more to life than football. He had a great freshman year. Hopefully he can get a one year athletic scholarship to fund his academic endeavors. He was a good Rainbow Warrior.

gpmcconnell
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by gpmcconnell »

I think WR is a huge position of need. Ursua was literally the only guy on the roster who could get open. Dru Brown was bad last year but he did not get any help from his WRs. A ton of dropped passes and no separation.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

Good luck, Dylan. Thanks for giving the UH 3 good years, mahalo!

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Thanks for being a Warrior!
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

ewabeach76 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:13 am He was garbage anyway. Thanks for leaving. That just opens up a spot for someone to prove themselves
Wow dude. That stuff is not welcome here.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

With Rolo going to the R&S we really could have used Collie.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

Nisei
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Padres

Post by Nisei »

ewabeach76 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:13 am He was garbage anyway. Thanks for leaving. That just opens up a spot for someone to prove themselves
Strongly disagree.

:-({|=

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

RedZone wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:20 am With Rolo going to the R&S we really could have used Collie.
You're right. I wrote this in the R&S thread about Collie.
A big concern is the loss of Dylan Collie. He was clearly the most well-versed receiver with the R&S concepts the past two seasons. He even played WR at times because he was just better at reading coverages and making the right adjustments than others. Even though Collie wasn’t always consistent catching the ball, he was always making the right reads and where he was supposed to be. Many times when Brown held the ball or threw a pick, it was because receivers weren’t running the right routes.