But, but Colin Kaepernick was never any good

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Re: But, but Colin Kaepernick was never any good

Post by shrek2 »

Good knowledge Makani. You can make ESPN color with your insight. I personally could not watch Kaepernick if he played for any team. Its not because of his politics but his QB IQ. I hope he gets to showcase his talents in the CFL to prove doubters like myself wrong if not the NFL as a backup.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Here's another missed receiver.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=co ... &FORM=VIRE
I think that the quarterback play from Auburn/UCF bowl game was better than the Kaepernick 49er passing.

Makana
Starter
Starter
MLB: San Francisco Giants
NBA: The Bay Warriors
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Post by Makana »

shrek2 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:53 am Good knowledge Makani. You can make ESPN color with your insight. I personally could not watch Kaepernick if he played for any team. Its not because of his politics but his QB IQ. I hope he gets to showcase his talents in the CFL to prove doubters like myself wrong if not the NFL as a backup.
Thanks.

I'm a Moderator at 49erswebzone.com and we have beaten the Kaepernick discussion to death over and over and that's without getting into his political cause or NFL Lawsuit, screw that other noise. I've banned many posters for heated discussions on Kaepernick, the crap just gets outta hand sometimes.

But yes, Kaepernick's struggles from the pocket is pretty much one of my main beefs with him. Because if you can't pass from the pocket you won't last long in the NFL. For instance, Russell Wilson is a good example, he could run the Read-Option but his presence in the pocket is one of the best. If it weren't for Wilson, Seattle would be a constant 6-10 team, he made Darrell Bevel (OC) looked better than he really is with his pedestrian play calling. I can't stand Seattle for ***t but it's hard to hate on Russell Wilson, some of the best touch and accuracy in the NFL to go along with his scrambling abilities.

In 2014 and 2015, Greg Roman and Geep Chryst wanted to mold Kaepernick into more of a pocket passer, they even toned down the playbook for him. But the more you take away from a QB from what he does best the more mistakes or bad habits they develop. Aside from horrid footwork from a 3, 5 or 7 step drop, Kaepernick would tend to hold onto the ball a lot longer waiting for the deep pass to develop instead of checking it down. This mistake later earned him a 4 INT game in Arizona, two were picked off for TD's.

Straight up stared down Vernon Davis the whole way. I remember this game, I thought that was a surefire win. lol

Watch his footwork in this one, way too many hitch steps in his drop. After the first hitch the ball should've been out.

Notice his head staring down his first read the whole way, RB was open in the flat, which should've been read #2 on a 3 step drop. Anyway, I hate the Pistol formation too, it gives edge defenders clear shots at the QB, especially if the Zero-tech collapses the pocket.

Anyway the #7 curse has been lifted in the SF thanks to Jimmy Jesus who is on his way to becoming one of the highest paid QB's in the NFL.
“Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.”
― Albert Einstein

“Jiu-Jitsu is like a philosophy. It helps me learn how to face life.”
-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Speaking of trolling, you tick all the boxes: "you lost all credibility" "you haven't done your research" "you have very little knowledge of the NFL" You're all personal attacks while I just stick to the facts. The thread, by the way, suggests that Colin Kaepernick was never any good. I'm exactly on topic.

The point of posting gifs of a horrible game played by Tom Brady was to counter your single bad gif of Kaepernick. Anyone can find a gif to make any player look bad.

You say Kaepernick never threw more than 25 tds in a season and you claim that this is somehow pathetic. Well, I looked at 2017 and could only find 10 quarterbacks who threw more than 25 tds. Does that mean the other 40 some odd quarterbacks are pathetic?

Anyway, I can see that the hatred of Kaepernick cannot be overcome. Bad coaching and bad teams had nothing to do with Kaepernick's demise. Okee dokee. So, peace out.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Link

Then there's this. Experts who have researched, practiced, and lived the NFL for a lifetime gushing over the prospect of a young Colin Kaepernick taking over the 49ers as a franchise quarterback. Yeah...this guy sucked. He never was any good.

Makana
Starter
Starter

Post by Makana »

SundayJam wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:18 am Speaking of trolling, you tick all the boxes: "you lost all credibility" "you haven't done your research" "you have very little knowledge of the NFL" You're all personal attacks while I just stick to the facts. The thread, by the way, suggests that Colin Kaepernick was never any good. I'm exactly on topic.

The point of posting gifs of a horrible game played by Tom Brady was to counter your single bad gif of Kaepernick. Anyone can find a gif to make any player look bad.

You say Kaepernick never threw more than 25 tds in a season and you claim that this is somehow pathetic. Well, I looked at 2017 and could only find 10 quarterbacks who threw more than 25 tds. Does that mean the other 40 some odd quarterbacks are pathetic?

Anyway, I can see that the hatred of Kaepernick cannot be overcome. Bad coaching and bad teams had nothing to do with Kaepernick's demise. Okee dokee. So, peace out.
Personal attacks, more like observations. I love how you like to put words in my mouth, I didn't say YOU have very little knowledge, the key word in that sentence you seem to nitpick is "either". Seriously the video you posted loses you credibility in this argument why:

1. The video doesn't show how those INT's were made, in the pocket off bad reads. It only presents numbers, which doesn't tell the whole story at all.

2. They choose a certain number for pass attempts then use that to justify their stats.

3. They don't mention how much Kaepernick runs the ball more than majority of the listed QB's.

The video you posted is in NO WAY a football chart, and says nothing about how good or bad Colin Kaepernick is at QB.

And if you think I was personally attacking you, you need thicker skin. For instance if I posted a video with AL the Janitor as my main source would you give me credibility for my post? lol smh

And of the top 10 QB's that you did find, what are their contract numbers? The money Kaepernick was being paid, you would expect much better numbers and more W's from a QB that had signed a 7 year $126 million dollar contract!!!

Bad coaching, bad team you say? Again, you should do more research?

Tell me, do you know how important mechanics and footwork are for a QB? Mechanics support a QB's accuracy and ability to pass from the pocket within your offense. People or coaches have said that his mechanics were off (and quite frankly it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out) but Colin Kaepernick had once stated he's not huge on mechanics. lol Whatta moron!!!

And you say, "Too bad he didn't hae McNabb as a coach"!! Well he had one better, he had a Super Bowl winning QB in Kurt Warner working with him. Warner spent the off season watching film and teach him about playing QB in the NFL. And with all that, it looked like it went in one ear and out the other. He had his worst season by far trying to become something he's not in a pocket passer.

Also he had Jim Harbaugh by his side, everywhere Harbaugh has gone he has won. How is that bad coaching?

Colin Kaepernick is the type of QB that needs a fully built team with Pro Bowl players at every position to operate. He's the type of player that needs the team to elevate him.

Jimmy Garoppolo is the type of QB that elevates a team and it showed after he stepped into the line up.
― Albert Einstein

-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Makana
Starter
Starter

Post by Makana »

SundayJam wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:02 am

Link

Then there's this. Experts who have researched, practiced, and lived the NFL for a lifetime gushing over the prospect of a young Colin Kaepernick taking over the 49ers as a franchise quarterback. Yeah...this guy sucked. He never was any good.
Once again, you're posting a video INSIDE the era of the Read-Option. Try again!!!

Also you do realize that was the year Colin Kaepernick first started and teams had no film on him right?

Tell me do experts gush over him when he plays Seattle? His overall stats vs. Seattle:

88-of-165, 961 yards, 3 TD, 9 INT, 18 sacks, 54.1 rtg. with a 1-5 record.

lol

You show me one game I show you six!!!! lol
― Albert Einstein

-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Makana, you make some good points. I felt the same about Alex Smith as I do about Colin Kaepernick. Both came into the organization as running quarterbacks that were not good in the pocket. I agree with your assessment of Russell Wilson and his abilities. It used to upset me when Wilson used to run around in the backfield against the 9ers and throw up a ball what seem like for grabs and it was to an open receiver. I don't believe Kaepernick ever beat Hawaii when he was with UNR. With all this said, I look forward to the 9er season with Jimmy G. He brought excitement back to watching the 49ers that last few games of the season.

Swoosh6996
Starter
Starter
MLB: Boston Red Sox

Post by Swoosh6996 »

SundayJam wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:02 am

Link

You obviously have not seen the Colin Kaepernick of recent seasons. We was good back then...but that was back then. He's terrible now, but that has nothing to do with his protests, just his actual QBing ability.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

dude wrote:Bad coaching, bad team you say? Again, you should do more research?
Are you making a statement or doubting yourself? If you're making a recommendation, you shouldn't finish with a question mark.

The announcers on that 2012 clip I last posted were gushing about just how well Kaepernick played inside the pocket. Great coaching from Harbaugh resulted in wins with Kaepernick. I agree with you there! 2 bad years of temporary coaches yielded terrible results for the team as a whole. Hence, the team performed poorly under bad coaches. Kaepernick did not perform badly. His numbers were solid.

I get it. You attempt to overwhelm with multiple, lengthy responses and dispersions.

Makana
Starter
Starter

Post by Makana »

SundayJam wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:55 am
dude wrote:Bad coaching, bad team you say? Again, you should do more research?
Are you making a statement or doubting yourself? If you're making a recommendation, you shouldn't finish with a question mark.

The announcers on that 2012 clip I last posted were gushing about just how well Kaepernick played inside the pocket. Great coaching from Harbaugh resulted in wins with Kaepernick. I agree with you there! 2 bad years of temporary coaches yielded terrible results for the team as a whole. Hence, the team performed poorly under bad coaches. Kaepernick did not perform badly. His numbers were solid.

I get it. You attempt to overwhelm with multiple, lengthy responses and dispersions.
Wow grammar police, sorry bout that one little question mark, getting a little personal are we?

Yes he passed well in that game from the pocket but that is because the Falcons expected the Read-Option. Noticed how he used the pistol to set up his passes, like he was gonna use the option? Well once defenses really took away the Read-Option and kept him in the pocket and covered his first reads he looked as mediocre as any back up QB.

Kaepernick's numbers were solid, how so? 3-16 record, 59.0 cmp/% (which is horrible), career low - average yards per pass 6.6. 22/9 TD/INT ratio that's almost 1.0 INT%.

When Harbaugh and Roman toned the the playbook to get him to play more in the pocket in 2014 he had a career high 10 INT's to only 19 TD's that is a 2/.1 INT%.....horrible.

Not sure which Kaepernick you were watching, but he was mediocre to subpar the last three seasons. Most certainly not worth 7 years $126 million dollar contract.
― Albert Einstein

-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

You remain focused on the valuation of Kaepernick to the 49ers which has nothing to do with my argument or the original thread. Win/Loss has everything to do with the coaching philosophy and the team as a whole. He was never a no-good quarterback in the NCAA or the NFL. He doesn't stand a chance in the NFL because he was the nail that stuck out.

Makana
Starter
Starter

Post by Makana »

SundayJam wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:59 am You remain focused on the valuation of Kaepernick to the 49ers which has nothing to do with my argument or the original thread. Win/Loss has everything to do with the coaching philosophy and the team as a whole. He was never a no-good quarterback in the NCAA or the NFL. He doesn't stand a chance in the NFL because he was the nail that stuck out.
Did you not just say this in bold? I've done nothing but counter your argument, how do my replies NOT have anything to do with this thread period?

You make all these claims but nothing real to back up anything you've stated. You've side tracked from this whole thread, from posting a chart video to posting the 2012 NFC championship? None of that is evidence on my claims that Kaepernick struggles from the pocket in the last three years, ZERO.

It's like you forgot how you replied to me in the first place that started this whole argument!!! lol smfh
― Albert Einstein

-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

I take it back when I say that Kaepernick never beat Hawaii. Kaepernick was 1-2 against Hawaii. In 2007, Kaepernick's backup, Tyler Graunke almost beat Hawaii's undefeated team except for a last second field goal by Hawaii. Kaepernick beat Hawaii in 2009 but lost in 2008 and 2010. The success of the pistol was based on a good running quarterback and a tough inside running back. Hawaii has always had a tough time against running quarterbacks. In my mind, of recent years, Derrick Carr and David Fales were the most qualified to be NFL quarterbacks.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Makana wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:57 am BTW that video is laughable, using a chart method to determine how great a QB is, please, smfh. Thanks for the video though I'm gonna post that on another site. Hahahaha!! Fail.
You don't like stats and charts? Try watching Moneyball some time dude. Statistics are the way of the future. I have a faint suspicion that you and Shrek2 may be the same person and that's cool with me.

Btw, I am not a fan of the 49ers or Kap. I just think Kap got shafted by the white minded NFL. I don't really like Kap because he was always so arrogant. However, I have always respected Kaepernick.

You must admit it is ironic that the super white Patriots ended up being the saviors of the 49ers in their timely release of Jimmy G. to answer their quarterback dilemma.