But, but Colin Kaepernick was never any good

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
Makana
Starter
Starter
MLB: San Francisco Giants
NBA: The Bay Warriors
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Re: But, but Colin Kaepernick was never any good

Post by Makana »

Again, waaay off base with the Jimmy G. and Carmazzi thing, not sure what point you're trying to make with that and why it's even relevant to what we've been discussing? And btw, Bill Belichick is a defensive coach, so please stop mentioning him. lol

I mean the bottom of your post says it all. You posting that quote about Warner completely proves my point. Haha!!
“Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.”
― Albert Einstein

“Jiu-Jitsu is like a philosophy. It helps me learn how to face life.”
-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Kurt Warner was a high school football offensive coordinator in 2016.
The Desert Mountain varsity team has yet to win a game to this point, despite having an offensive coordinator who has played in three Super Bowls and won two NFL MVP awards, and a receiver—Warner’s son, Kade—who is Arizona’s new record holder for receptions in a high school career. The Wolves have struggled in their move from 5A, where they won six games and went to the playoffs a season ago in Warner’s first year as coordinator, to 6A, losing all five of their non-league games before last Friday’s league opener versus Pinnacle High.
This year he's begging to coach at ASU:
A Valley resident with a similar background -- former Arizona Cardinals quarterback and current NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner -- says he's at Edwards' disposal.

Speaking at a Habitat for Humanity event in Surprise on Monday, Warner said he's open to helping Edwards at ASU, in whatever form that might take.

"I’m always willing to help anybody if I can," Warner said. "Knowing Herm, obviously this is a big jump for him, but I know he’s up for the task."
My main point was that the coaches who succeeded Jim Harbaugh were clowns. Kurt Warner isn't a coach. Jim Tomsula and Chip Kelly are jokes. They are responsible for SF's demise...not Colin.

Bill Belichick is more than a defensive mastermind. He's the greatest coach of all time.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

There seems to be a lot of confusion here. The diversion into Kurt Warner miffs me because it was Colin Kaepernick who chose Kurt Warner to coach him in the offseason to help with his mechanics. Jeff Garcia, former 49er quarterback offered his assistance to help Kaepernick but Colin chose Kurt Warner to help him. Kurt Warner, I don't think really has to worry about moving up the ladder in coaching because his net worth is $30M and I believe he does the coaching that he does for the love of the game.

Kaepernick played the pistol offense at UNR. Halfback dive and quarterback run or pass. Oregon played the same offense under Chip Kelley but a lot of the quarterbacks never made it to the pros because they are looking for a passer in the pros even though Oregon enjoyed success under Chip Kelley. Marcus Mariota enjoyed success because he can pass along with his other intangibles which is running and blocking and playing team ball.

Makana
Starter
Starter

Post by Makana »

shrek2 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:45 am There seems to be a lot of confusion here. The diversion into Kurt Warner miffs me because it was Colin Kaepernick who chose Kurt Warner to coach him in the offseason to help with his mechanics. Jeff Garcia, former 49er quarterback offered his assistance to help Kaepernick but Colin chose Kurt Warner to help him. Kurt Warner, I don't think really has to worry about moving up the ladder in coaching because his net worth is $30M and I believe he does the coaching that he does for the love of the game.

Kaepernick played the pistol offense at UNR. Halfback dive and quarterback run or pass. Oregon played the same offense under Chip Kelley but a lot of the quarterbacks never made it to the pros because they are looking for a passer in the pros even though Oregon enjoyed success under Chip Kelley. Marcus Mariota enjoyed success because he can pass along with his other intangibles which is running and blocking and playing team ball.
Boom, you get it, not sure why others (not saying no names) can't seem to catch on. Maybe some people just have a hard time saying "hey I agree with you" or maybe some people (not saying no names) simply struggle at reading comprehension? It's also not hard to look up facts, instead of posting misleading Youtube videos. lol
― Albert Einstein

-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Makana
Starter
Starter

Post by Makana »

SundayJam wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:22 am Kurt Warner was a high school football offensive coordinator in 2016.
The Desert Mountain varsity team has yet to win a game to this point, despite having an offensive coordinator who has played in three Super Bowls and won two NFL MVP awards, and a receiver—Warner’s son, Kade—who is Arizona’s new record holder for receptions in a high school career. The Wolves have struggled in their move from 5A, where they won six games and went to the playoffs a season ago in Warner’s first year as coordinator, to 6A, losing all five of their non-league games before last Friday’s league opener versus Pinnacle High.
This year he's begging to coach at ASU:
A Valley resident with a similar background -- former Arizona Cardinals quarterback and current NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner -- says he's at Edwards' disposal.

Speaking at a Habitat for Humanity event in Surprise on Monday, Warner said he's open to helping Edwards at ASU, in whatever form that might take.

"I’m always willing to help anybody if I can," Warner said. "Knowing Herm, obviously this is a big jump for him, but I know he’s up for the task."
My main point was that the coaches who succeeded Jim Harbaugh were clowns. Kurt Warner isn't a coach. Jim Tomsula and Chip Kelly are jokes. They are responsible for SF's demise...not Colin.

Bill Belichick is more than a defensive mastermind. He's the greatest coach of all time.
Your main point is irrelevant though, regardless of the type of coaches Tomsula and Kelly proven to be, Kaepernick struggled with basic fundamentals. And regardless of what the outcome of Tomsula's and Kelly's final record and what stats they produced (although both were not my first, second, third, fourth or fifth choices as HC), Trent Baalke did not do them any favors by dismantling the team and coaching staff. Matter of fact Trent Baalke chose Tomsula's staff for him. If you're gonna start bringing up 49er eras, at least do a little more research than "the coaches who succeeded Jim Harbaugh were clowns".

Quick facts:

1. Tomsula and OC Geep Chryst tried to mold Kaepernick into more of a pocket passer, results - Regressed as a QB.

2. Chip Kelly's offense was tailored for Kaepernick, Fast paced-Pistol formation-Zone Read-Option. Only problem is, that stuff doesn't translate well to the NFL unless of course you have a Pro Bowl QB and RB (lol), which Kaeprnick is not nor did SF have a Pro Bowl RB. Regardless, this isn't college where you can line up in the Pistol and not huddle as an offense (which the 2016 49ers did not).

Conclusion, Kaepernick just isn't a good fit for most of the offenses in the NFL, be it WCO or Coryell-digit system. If you can't pass from the pocket on a consistent basis you won't last long in the NFL.
― Albert Einstein

-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Yeah...and how well did Jeff Garcia fare in the NFL? Did he out-perform Kap? I'd bet he had more interceptions. Kurt Warner reminds me of a drummer Buddy Rich-type success story...I doubt he could be recreated like the kid in Whip Lash.

Anyway, I find the whole of the snarky remarks about reading comprehension and lack of research rather ironic.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

I have no clue as to what Buddy Rich or "the kid in Whip Lash" has to do with Colin Kaepernick's abilities. As stated in a previous note, let's agree to disagree and unless there is something someone is missing about Colin Kaepernick's ability to play in the NFL.

I didn't like Alex Smith as well when he was picked out of Utah because of the same reason I don't like Kaepernick and that is he was a runner and the offense was run out of the shotgun. The difference is that Alex Smith took a pay cut after unproductive years with the 49ers whereas Kaepernick would not take a pay cut to go to Denver. For Alex Smith it was all about football and staying in the game.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

shrek2 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:29 am I have no clue as to what Buddy Rich or "the kid in Whip Lash" has to do with Colin Kaepernick's abilities.
They have nothing to do with Kap and everything to do with Kurt Warner. Could that have something to do with Tom Brady?...maybe. Buddy Rich was a mediocre jazz drummer who became possibly the greatest jazz drummer in history as a result of stress from his band mate. Kurt Warner was equally disregarded and abused by his coaches until the day he was called up on to do the job.

Anyway, Kaepernick is anything but mediocre. However, I can't help but feel that he would supernova given his mistreatment by fans and the establishment.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

shrek2 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:07 pm Richard Sherman of the Seahawks psyched out Colin Kaepernick so much, they never threw where Richard Sherman was and when they did, it was intercepted.
Yeah...and guess what...the 49ers took Sherman as a free agent at a high price...despite Richard Sherman's poor health. None the less, they're gonna reward him with a high salary...cause he bested Kap. San Fran doesn't have a problem paying questionable players high salaries as long as they assuage the Kap-hating fanboys. They also have no problem paying high salaries to questionable coaches.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

I have no idea as to what "Kap-hating fanboys" are. I watch sports because its entertaining. In my personal opinion, Colin Kaepernick doesn't entertain me with his quarterback play. Richard Sherman was kind about his comments about Kaepernick on radio KNBR.
https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/03/13/ ... -meatloaf/
For all those "Kap-loving fanboys" he is working out in Houston.
https://sports.yahoo.com/colin-kaeperni ... 38221.html

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Link
Just thought I'd lay this one last video out there for the Colin Kaepernick was crap boo-hoo-ers. Richard Sherman and the Legion of Boom were the *&@#. Ray Lewis and his boys were also (fantastic defenses). That is why San Francisco didn't win a Superbowl with an EXCELLENT quarterback and an excellent coach. They sucked with a couple of awful coaches.

Ha ha...Tom Brady...among other hot QB's... was also showed up by Richard Sherman and the Legion of Boom.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

I re-watched the UH vs. Nevada game on DVD and especially enjoyed it when Corey Paredes hustled and knocked the ball out of Kaepernick's hand for a turnover and a touchback. What a heads up play.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

It was a beautiful play...Nevada's only loss on the year. As an opponent...I absolutely hated Kaepernick. I also absolutely hate Nevada.

Makana
Starter
Starter

Post by Makana »

SundayJam wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:42 am Yeah...and how well did Jeff Garcia fare in the NFL? Did he out-perform Kap? I'd bet he had more interceptions. Kurt Warner reminds me of a drummer Buddy Rich-type success story...I doubt he could be recreated like the kid in Whip Lash.

Anyway, I find the whole of the snarky remarks about reading comprehension and lack of research rather ironic.
Hey I'm back!!! Forgot all about this thread!!! Snarky.......reading compre.......nevermind. Just setting the record straight here.

But now you went and threw a Jeff Garcia and Colin Kaepernick comparison out there, smh. But to answer your questions in bold, the answer is YES, he did out perform Kaepernick. Garcia threw 30+ TD's back to back in 2000 and 2001, he also passed for 4,200 yards and went to the Pro Bowl three straight seasons. Krapernick has only passed for 20 TD's ONCE......ONCE!!!!! And he could barely sniff 3,000 yards passing....he also went to ZERO Pro Bowls. Krapernick had top 3 and 5 defenses to back him up, Garcia only had a top 13 at best to back him up.

So I hope this puts the "How well did Garcia fare in the NFL? Did he out-perform Kap?" to bed.
― Albert Einstein

-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Makana wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:33 am Hey I'm back!!! Forgot all about this thread!!! Snarky.......reading compre.......nevermind. Just setting the record straight here.

But now you went and threw a Jeff Garcia and Colin Kaepernick comparison out there, smh. But to answer your questions in bold, the answer is YES, he did out perform Kaepernick. Garcia threw 30+ TD's back to back in 2000 and 2001, he also passed for 4,200 yards and went to the Pro Bowl three straight seasons. Krapernick has only passed for 20 TD's ONCE......ONCE!!!!! And he could barely sniff 3,000 yards passing....he also went to ZERO Pro Bowls. Krapernick had top 3 and 5 defenses to back him up, Garcia only had a top 13 at best to back him up.

So I hope this puts the "How well did Garcia fare in the NFL? Did he out-perform Kap?" to bed.
Garcia would throw as many interceptions as touchdowns in any given season...and sometimes more. His Pro Bowl selection means his peers respected him...so that's something. Kap's qb rating was consistently higher and he definitely threw a lot less picks. He also played in a Super Bowl...something Garcia never did.

I wish you luck with your 49ers. I'm sorry you feel the need to disrespect Kaepernick. Dude carried your boys to a Super Bowl.