But, but Colin Kaepernick was never any good

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
Makana
Starter
Starter
MLB: San Francisco Giants
NBA: The Bay Warriors
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Re: But, but Colin Kaepernick was never any good

Post by Makana »

#29 Post by SundayJam » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:13 am

So now they have a new coach and guess what? They are still at the bottom of the barrel without Kaepernick. It takes time to turn these things around. It simply was not Kaepernick's fault that the team sucked.

And don't get me started about this years coaching staff and Jimmy G. who was one of the best QB's in December. Shanahan and jimmy G. ended the season with the #12 ranked offense. And Jimmy G. did it with 2nd and 3rd string receivers beating Marcus Mariota's Titans and the red hot Jacksonville Jaguars who played in the AFC Championship.

2017 49ers were far from the bottom of the barrel, again, shows the lack of knowledge and research you have in this argument.
“Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.”
― Albert Einstein

“Jiu-Jitsu is like a philosophy. It helps me learn how to face life.”
-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Makana
Starter
Starter

Post by Makana »

Oh and one more thing, you lost ALL credibility posting gifs of Tom Brady throwing picks. Comparing Brady's bad games to Kaepernick's, lol you gotta be frickin kidding me. Brady is one of the most elite pocket passers in the history of the NFL, he has ZERO developmental issues in the pocket.

You could put Tom Brady in almost any offense in the NFL and he would still take the Patriots to the Super Bowl, Air Coyell or West Coast it doesn't matter.
― Albert Einstein

-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Too bad Kaepernick didn't have Donovan McNabb as a coach. Where are Jim Tomsula and Chip Kelly now? Again, you have a phenom off-the-bench starter who leads the team to a Super Bowl and an NFC Championship...then has to adjust to two temporary head coaches' idea of an NFL offense.

You were so adamant about the team's record being a better indicator of a quarterback's skill compared to passer rating when dissing Kap. Now a 6-10 team is amazing because their offense was ranked 12th? I have the highest regard for Jimmy G. He was a killer get for the niners. How bad was their defense this year? Were they ranked last of all teams in the NFL for the second year in a row?

Makana
Starter
Starter

Post by Makana »

SundayJam wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:20 am Too bad Kaepernick didn't have Donovan McNabb as a coach. Where are Jim Tomsula and Chip Kelly now? Again, you have a phenom off-the-bench starter who leads the team to a Super Bowl and an NFC Championship...then has to adjust to two temporary head coaches' idea of an NFL offense.

You were so adamant about the team's record being a better record of a quarterback's skill compared to passer rating when dissing Kap. Now a 6-11 team is amazing because their offense was ranked 12th? I have the highest regard for Jimmy G. He was a killer get for the niners. How bad was their defense this year? Were they ranked last of all teams in the NFL for the second year in a row?
That's the only argument you have?

Here let me show you your lack of knowledge and research:

1. 49ers went UNDEFEATED when Jimmy G. stepped in as the starter.
2. 49ers went from the 24th ranked offense before Jimmy G. to the 12th ranked offense with Jimmy G.
3. 49ers had the 25th ranked defense switching from a 3-4 to a 4-3 Under in which hardly anyone on the defense even played in.
4. 49ers had the 10th youngest team in the NFL.
5. 49ers past two head coaches were fired for their records and relationship with ex-GM Trent Baalke.
6. 49ers switched offensive systems three times and two of them were meant to fit Kaepernick's abilities. Shanahan didn't think Kaepernick fit into his offense which was the reason for their mutal parting (if Kap didn't opt out he would've been released).

Oh and if you're blaming how bad his defenses were, Tom Brady went to the Super Bowl with the 29th ranked defense. /thread.
― Albert Einstein

-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Makana wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:15 am Oh and one more thing, you lost ALL credibility posting gifs of Tom Brady throwing picks. Comparing Brady's bad games to Kaepernick's, lol you gotta be frickin kidding me. Brady is one of the most elite pocket passers in the history of the NFL, he has ZERO developmental issues in the pocket.
Kaepernick has the least percentage of interceptions thrown of any retired quarterback in the history of the NFL. Brady is a great quarterback who has only played for one great team and one great coach.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

We have no disagreement that Jimmy G. is a great quarterback nor that Kaepernick was a bad fit for Shanahan. We only disagree where Kap is no good or unable to adjust with the proper coaching.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Link

You may have overlooked my prior post of the facts regarding Kaepernick's achievements.
So...I'll post this again.

Makana
Starter
Starter

Post by Makana »

SundayJam wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:36 am
Makana wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:15 am Oh and one more thing, you lost ALL credibility posting gifs of Tom Brady throwing picks. Comparing Brady's bad games to Kaepernick's, lol you gotta be frickin kidding me. Brady is one of the most elite pocket passers in the history of the NFL, he has ZERO developmental issues in the pocket.
Kaepernick has the least percentage of interceptions thrown of any retired quarterback in the history of the NFL. Brady is a great quarterback who has only played for one great team and one great coach.
Wow just wow. Hahahahaha!!!

Nice of you to change the subject. Honestly can't believe you're throwing that out there as your argument? And honestly who gives a crap about that stat, how many winning seasons does he have compared to the rest? How many Super Bowl rings does he have compared to the rest? How many Playoff wins does he have compared to the rest? How many passing records does he have compared to the record?

Do you realize that Kaepernick has never broken 25 passing TD's in his career? That's horrible!!! Also you want to know WHY Kaepernick's TD/INT ratio is so low? Read-Option for one, two he takes off running after his first or second read.
― Albert Einstein

-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Makana
Starter
Starter

Post by Makana »

SundayJam wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:45 am

Link

You may have overlooked my prior post of the facts regarding Kaepernick's achievements.
So...I'll post this again.
You're all over the place with this argument that's your problem? Go back and re-read this entire thread and ask me again if I overlooked anything without going off topic?
― Albert Einstein

-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Makana
Starter
Starter

Post by Makana »

BTW that video is laughable, using a chart method to determine how great a QB is, please, smfh. Thanks for the video though I'm gonna post that on another site. Hahahaha!! Fail.
― Albert Einstein

-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Makana
Starter
Starter

Post by Makana »

“If you bring in a quarterback who is the best when he’s a dual threat and can do all those type of things, that affects an entire offense,” he said. “That doesn’t just affect one guy. That’s a huge commitment to your entire team. So, when you bring in someone like that when you’re going to have to tinker the offense to fit one player, you’ve got to know you’re tinkering every single person on that offense, too. So, when it comes to the quarterback and some o-linemen, you look into that a little bit more. After that, I think it’s all pretty overrated.”

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/kyle ... for-49ers/
― Albert Einstein

-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Makana wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:50 am You're all over the place with this argument that's your problem? Go back and re-read this entire thread and ask me again if I overlooked anything without going off topic?
That's your problem? Is this a question or a statement? Did you not tout Blaine Gabbert as being Kaepernick's equal?
you wrote:49ers picked up Blaine Gabbert for $2 million and he matched Kaepernick's record in 2016.

Makana
Starter
Starter

Post by Makana »

SundayJam wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:05 am
Makana wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:50 am You're all over the place with this argument that's your problem? Go back and re-read this entire thread and ask me again if I overlooked anything without going off topic?
That's your problem? Is this a question or a statement? Did you not tout Blaine Gabbert as being Kaepernick's equal?
you wrote:49ers picked up Blaine Gabbert for $2 million and he matched Kaepernick's record in 2016.
Again, you're missing my point with that part of my argument. It was meant to show that you could get (and they did) the same production from a QB that cost $2 million dollars to Kaepernick's same production at $12.9 million. Either way they both had only one win in 2016 with the same team.

You're really missing the point to this and making it out to be that I think Kaepernick can't play in the NFL which is false. I clearly stated that I thought he was better than half or a lot of QB's in the NFL. I'm merely stating that he struggles with fundamentals and passing from the pocket. Does that make him the worst QB in the NFL, no, but for the money he's asking it certainly doesn't make him worth it at all, especially when teams are going back to the more conventional type of QB's. The days of a running QB ala Mike Vick, Colin Kaepernick, RG3 and Johnny Manziel are all but done.
― Albert Einstein

-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

you wrote:The days of a running QB ala Mike Vick, Colin Kaepernick, RG3 and Johnny Manziel are all but done.
Again...you make unfavorable comparisons. You could add Cam Newton to that list just as easily. Cam's passer rating is awful.

I agree that Kap is still inexperienced...and mostly because of his early success. However, that hasn't stopped many other one-trick ponies from reaping even bigger NFL salaries simply because they are white.

Makana
Starter
Starter

Post by Makana »

SundayJam wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:25 am
you wrote:The days of a running QB ala Mike Vick, Colin Kaepernick, RG3 and Johnny Manziel are all but done.
Again...you make unfavorable comparisons. You could add Cam Newton to that list just as easily. Cam's passer rating is awful.

I agree that Kap is still inexperienced...and mostly because of his early success. However, that hasn't stopped many other one-trick ponies from reaping even bigger NFL salaries simply because they are white.
Unfavorable why? All QB's mentioned have struggled passing from the pocket in the NFL and rely more on their legs to beat a defense. Also Cam Newton doesn't fit in with the above mentioned QB's why? Newton is one of the best pocket passers in the NFL, as a rookie he passed for 4,000 yards. In 2015 Newton passed for 35 TD's guiding the Panthers to a 15-1 record.

Honestly I feel like I'm either being trolled or you simply have very little knowledge of the NFL and are arguing just to do so. Right now, you're way off base and headed into another direction with your argument. See-Bold lol
Last edited by Makana on Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
― Albert Einstein

-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum