Scott Pagano will grad transfer

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
ainoa808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Scott Pagano will grad transfer

Post by ainoa808 »

He graduated in December with a degree in Sociology. He’s immediately eligible and has one year of eligibility remaining.

Come play at home in front of the ohana, Scott!
https://twitter.com/RyanBartow/status/832621776718876672

Maui Boy in Alaska
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Bears

Re: Scott Pagano will grad transfer

Post by Maui Boy in Alaska »

I am not surprised by his decision to transfer. He was suppose to be the starter this season, but ended up backing up FR Dexter Lawrence most of last season and was looking to be a back-up again in 2017. He is better served by transferring to a school that he will be a starter and be on the field more to show his talent. Would love for his to come home to Hawaii where he could be a 1st team conference player. But there will be a lot of Power 5 school going after him including I am guessing USC.
Last edited by Maui Boy in Alaska on Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

I think our chances are slim but would love it.
ImageImage

seasider
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by seasider »

When he was one of Hawaii's prized recruits, he said "nobody is signing with Hawaii". That says a ton about his love for the Warrior football program...signing with Hawaii will be "no chance at all"

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Question is - would he want to be a big fish in a small pond? Wasn't he a military dependent? No roots in Hawaii from what I recall. Great get if he wants to play for the Warriors.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

seasider wrote:When he was one of Hawaii's prized recruits, he said "nobody is signing with Hawaii". That says a ton about his love for the Warrior football program...signing with Hawaii will be "no chance at all"
I don't remember that. If he did say that, good riddance.
ImageImage

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

My3Cats wrote:Question is - would he want to be a big fish in a small pond? Wasn't he a military dependent? No roots in Hawaii from what I recall. Great get if he wants to play for the Warriors.
Pagano’s father is in the Navy and was stationed in Hawaii while Scott was in high school. Many people are under the impression that Pagano is Hawaiian or Samoan (he isn’t – his dad is of Italian heritage). The elder Pagano is now stationed in Virginia, but the rest of the family lives in Central and his dad drives home on weekends.
http://www.tigernet.com/story/football/ ... asty-14029

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

It’s the warrior mentality Pagano was instilled with in Hawaii and it’s something Pagano had to learn to harness before he could be effective at Clemson.

“Growing up in Hawaii since I was seven years old and being raised in that culture and also having the coaches there - the coaches are a lot different there,” Pagano said. “They are different in how they teach and how their mindsets are. In high school we wanted to go out there and kill everybody and I try to carry that mindset here except now it's been a bit more toned down and mature.”

Pagano committed to the Tigers in late July of 2012 out of Moanalua High School in Honolulu, Hawaii. Many Clemson fans were excited to have a Hawaiian on the roster, but that’s the first thing you might not know about Pagano – he isn’t native to Hawaii and doesn’t have an ounce of Polynesian blood coursing through his veins.

People are saddened when they learn the truth.

“I get it so much, and people get so heartbroken when they find out I'm not Hawaiian,” Pagano said. “They get so sad. They get depressed about it. I am black, Italian and white - nothing too special. Just a normal person.”
Helping Pagano’s cause is that his family has moved closer – from Hawaii to Central.
http://www.tigernet.com/story/football/ ... &nextbox=1

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

His family is in Central. Nope. Not Central Oahu.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

I like the guys playing ahead of him. They are really good.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

No thanks. I get the feeling that living Aloha and playing warrior doesn't mean anything to this guy. And that's okay.

Duster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Duster »

Same ethnic makeup as Franco Harris and Roy Campanella.

Not sure where a sociology major would grad transfer to. That may not even be a factor since he likely has pro aspirations and may only be looking to boost his NFL stock. He may have no family ties here, but he probably made some friends while at Moanalua who are still here. There should also be some comfort level since he should know his way around. He has played in a big time program already and what UH has to offer is a better chance to start and play than he'd have at PAC 12 schools.

He would only be here for one year, but it will be one year that enables Mermea, Russell and Ta'ala to transition into college-level academics and competition and develop as DTs. Barring any injuries that prevent him from playing, UH can be a win-win for all except our conference foes.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

Duster wrote:Same ethnic makeup as Franco Harris and Roy Campanella.

Not sure where a sociology major would grad transfer to. That may not even be a factor since he likely has pro aspirations and may only be looking to boost his NFL stock. He may have no family ties here, but he probably made some friends while at Moanalua who are still here. There should also be some comfort level since he should know his way around. He has played in a big time program already and what UH has to offer is a better chance to start and play than he'd have at PAC 12 schools.

He would only be here for one year, but it will be one year that enables Mermea, Russell and Ta'ala to transition into college-level academics and competition and develop as DTs. Barring any injuries that prevent him from playing, UH can be a win-win for all except our conference foes.
hekili keliiliki runs like franco and we got a reciever named drake stallworth.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Not surprised Hawaii not in his top 7.
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.co ... lemson-dt/