QB Anu Solomon to xfer to Baylor

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Re: QB Anu Solomon to xfer

Post by EITSwarrior »

poidog wrote:
Nisei wrote:
Neighbor wrote:Yeah don't disrespeck Sean Schroeder lol.
I loved seeing those beautiful deep balls down the sideline to Chris Gant.
I really liked SS but it really bothered me that he got his bell rung so much his first year here and Chow wouldn't pull him, even if only for his own safety. He was a great QB when he wasn't so banged up and battered.
He was great and the offense was humming when Chow finally opened up the playbook to more 3 WR 1 TE 1RB shotgun formation instead of a 2 WR 2 TE 1 RB under center formation or 2 WR 1 TE 1 FB 1 RB under center formation. Should've ran more shotgun quick hitting air it out plays than trying to be a power run team. Why? Because it would've been an easier transition for the players that played in the RNS.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

* Hawaii: Solomon is originally from Honolulu, still has family in Hawaii, and Solomon wouldn't have to deal with as much pressure over there as he did playing in the Pac-12. Though, they might not be in the market for a quarterback after sophomore Dru Brown performed well down the stretch.
https://www.google.com/amp/tucson.com/s ... a.amp.html

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

uhwarriors wrote:Sounds like he is graduating in June 2017. So he will miss spring practice which makes him less attractive.
This would certainly be true if he cannot make it to UH for spring practice.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Anu Solomon not likely transferring to UNLV

It doesn’t appear the Arizona quarterback will reunite with his old high school coach.

by Jason Bartel Dec 17, 2016, 6:30am PST

When Anu Solomon officially announced that he was transferring from the Arizona Wildcats earlier this week, the clear favorite to land his services seemed to be the UNLV Rebels for many reasons.

Solomon’s high school coach is now in charge at UNLV, and of course, Las Vegas is the quarterback’s hometown.

But according to Todd Dewey of the Las Vegas Review-Journal, it doesn’t seem like a Solomon-Tony Sanchez reunion is happening.
With UNLV seemingly out of the picture, the new leader in the clubhouse would have to be Hawai’i.
http://www.azdesertswarm.com/football/2 ... ate-hawaii

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Interesting!
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

I was kind of hoping that we would develop our quarterbacks instead of relying on transfers. Is our current pool that bad? Wouldn't be too bad if he walked-on. But if he takes a scholie it would be like taking a step backwards.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

RedZone wrote:I was kind of hoping that we would develop our quarterbacks instead of relying on transfers. Is our current pool that bad? Wouldn't be too bad if he walked-on. But if he takes a scholie it would be like taking a step backwards.
I'm on the fence on this one. I am not excited about a one-year rental... BUT when I think about how we could have been 8-5 this season instead of 6-7 with a slightly better QB who maybe doesn't fumble away the UNLV and UNM games...

I'm ok either way and trust that if he does come aboard that the coaches have a plan.

ainoa808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by ainoa808 »

Also not a fan of the one and done, but if he's fully recovered we get an elite talent that has shown that he can play on D1 level (unlike Graham, Wittek, etc.). So if Rolo thinks hes' an upgrade over Brown and the other young guys still aren't ready, bring in Anu and recruit 1 or 2 more freshmen to develop. I'm sure couple guys will transfer out if the writing's on the wall that they won't play...

Current QB situation:
Hunter Hughes (Sr.)
Dru Brown (Jr.)
Cole Brownholtz (Jr.)
Aaron Zwahlen (So.)
Kyle Gallup (Fr.)
Cole McDonald (Fr.)

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

I live in AZ, and follow Solomon. He was a stud. Since getting hurt, and loosing his start, he has not been the same this past year. Perhaps he never really recovered from injury. Either case, I like to see Drew Brown be the future QB going forward (no matter what.). I don't want to see a Max Wittek. Good players often don't do well as a one and done. I like to see UH invest in Drew Brown.

And I got back to Woolsey. There was never an investment. Never a commitment from the coaching staff. Yes, it's a competition for a job. Imagine if Chow fully committed to Woolsey. I think he would have been 10X better as a senior (and see that growth).

I really do hope Rolo work with Brown. A full camp. Not just 4 weeks to start.

SalasThaGOAT1
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by SalasThaGOAT1 »

cabanalane wrote:I live in AZ, and follow Solomon. He was a stud. Since getting hurt, and loosing his start, he has not been the same this past year. Perhaps he never really recovered from injury. Either case, I like to see Drew Brown be the future QB going forward (no matter what.). I don't want to see a Max Wittek. Good players often don't do well as a one and done. I like to see UH invest in Drew Brown.

And I got back to Woolsey. There was never an investment. Never a commitment from the coaching staff. Yes, it's a competition for a job. Imagine if Chow fully committed to Woolsey. I think he would have been 10X better as a senior (and see that growth).

I really do hope Rolo work with Brown. A full camp. Not just 4 weeks to start.
I second a lot of this. Solomon was a stud and im a fan of his game but right now i believe Dru Brown has prove he is the starting qb. I also believe in our young QBs. McDonald, Gallup and Zwahlen have impressed me with their film. But only time will tell with that. Dru was a nice sleeper add

And on Ikaika, if Rolovich was the head coach during Woolsey's career i think he would of went down as one of the best hawaii U Qbs.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Talking about Arizona football, and relating to this. Anu was the stud, and the team was awesome. When Anu got hurt, his back up came in and was actually pretty good (They beat Hawaii at AZ. I was there). However, this inconsistency at QB and perhaps locker room loyalty, cause Arizona Wildcats to have a "bad" season. And there are grumbling about replacing the head coach. Anu know where he stands with the team, and that's why he wants out.

What's my point. I think the entire UH Football team now buy into Dru Brown. I do believe Ahu as a Warrior will be better than Brown. Anu has more confidence, poise, composure, big game experience, etc, etc. But IMO, Brown is better for UH because the entire team and even the coaches need to grow and mature together.

Desert Isle
Play Maker
Play Maker
MLB: Diamondbacks
NBA: Suns
NFL: Cardinals

Post by Desert Isle »

cabanalane wrote: What's my point. I think the entire UH Football team now buy into Dru Brown. I do believe Ahu as a Warrior will be better than Brown. Anu has more confidence, poise, composure, big game experience, etc, etc. But IMO, Brown is better for UH because the entire team and even the coaches need to grow and mature together.
This makes a lot of sense.

I've seen every one of Anu's games at Arizona and when he's healthy (and not asked to run a whole lot) he's a very high-level QB. If he goes to UH he could be the best team in the MW.

But the gamble is losing the momentum of this season and a year of Brown's development. It'll be interesting to see if Rolo reaches out (or listens if Solomon calls) if Anu does not in fact end up at UNLV.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

I would think Rolo is smart to know that college football is a business. And therefore, you don't turn down a player like Anu Solomon (like Max Wittek). The right thing to do is to offer him a scholarship and let Anu compete for the job. They all have to compete, and we all know that a player's health could be one sack away. What happens if Dru Brown goes down? For the season? Is there anyone "good" enough now (two QBs left for other schools)?

If Anu end up riding the bench, and salty, that's how life goes sometimes. Rolo got to look after the best interest of the program. And therefore, UH has to get Anu Solomon. If he goes to another MWC team, it could come back to bite UH in the butt.

On Wildcats, the way they are harping on Rich Rod reminds me of Dick Tomey. AZ chased a good coach out the door when there was still a sparkle in his step.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Maybe just for the Holidays, but Anu is back here on Oahu. :wink: :-$ :-

SalasThaGOAT1
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by SalasThaGOAT1 »

BigWave96744 wrote:Maybe just for the Holidays, but Anu is back here on Oahu. :wink: :-$ :-

Soooooo your saying theres a chance lol Im a big fan of Anu, just don't know if it would be the right fit for him to come to UH with the season Dru just had. Not saying i wouldn't be happy having Anu here, i just feel like he's not transferring somewhere to sit. He wants to start, and deserves to start.